Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 152

Thread: Texas threatening to secede from the nation

  1. #121
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Y-E-S!!!!! Absolutely. The people that the great State of Texas elected the Governor and elected their Representatives. We get to comment when the act like blithering idiots.
    So majority rule? Without any upholding of a constitution and a system of checks and balances?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  2. #122
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    So majority rule? Without any upholding of a constitution and a system of checks and balances?
    I don't understand what you're talking about. Was there an illegal election that put all these people into office? Do you think the majority ONLY rules if it's your majority? The checks and balances are there - Texas has an executive branch, a legislative branch, and a judicial branch and they all appear to be fucking nuts - which is why the rest of us are mocking Texas.

  3. #123
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,589

    Default

    Just chiming in to add that Texas has an extraordinarily weak governorship. So Perry has very little actual power and anyone in the know does not take this at all seriously. Which probably explains why GWB managed not to fuck things up too badly before he became Pres.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

  4. #124
    Elite Member lurkur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Enough demonizing the bunch based on a few bad apples. There are nutjobs in TX who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in TX. That doesn't make every Texan a nutjob.

    There are nutjobs in the US who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in US. That doesn't make every American a nutjob.

    There are nutjobs in the world who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in the world. That doesn't make every Earthling a nutjob.

    However, as long as the non-nutjobs do nothing while the nutjobs rule, the nutjobs will continue to rule because they certainly aren't going to hand over their power because they want to give someone else a turn.

  5. #125
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,589

    Default

    As far as I'm concerned, Austin should just secede from Texas, and the rest of y'all Texans are on your own. It'll all be going Democrat at some point though anyway.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

  6. #126
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I don't understand what you're talking about. Was there an illegal election that put all these people into office? Do you think the majority ONLY rules if it's your majority? The checks and balances are there - Texas has an executive branch, a legislative branch, and a judicial branch and they all appear to be fucking nuts - which is why the rest of us are mocking Texas.
    Yes, we're are balls to the walls insane. What do you mean by "ONLY rules if it's your majority?" What majority are you talking about? I don't think I identify with any majority.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  7. #127
    Elite Member L1049's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chillin with my homeboy Xenu
    Posts
    2,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Would it be okay to say that other countries and states are full of useless and ignorant idiots? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yes it is. Hello, newfoundland!
    Quebec too.
    I'd add Surrey to that mix to even though it's not a province. Seriously, nuke that place from orbit.

  8. #128
    Elite Member lurkur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Seriously guys, I need an "lol, of course" otherwise I'm going to start thinking you're a bunch of Nazis.

  9. #129
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Would it be okay to say that other countries and states are full of useless and ignorant idiots? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    So majority rule? Without any upholding of a constitution and a system of checks and balances?


    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Yes, we're are balls to the walls insane. What do you mean by "ONLY rules if it's your majority?" What majority are you talking about? I don't think I identify with any majority.
    They're your quotes. I just can't figure out what your point is. No one (outside of Texas) initially brought up the idea of secession. I just agree that it's fine to go if that's what y'all want to do. Since it's your highest elected official who put the idea on the floor, it's an idea worth exploring - which is what we have done in this thread. If you're embarassed that those are your government officials, I get that, but join in the joke, don't put it on us that they are a joke.

  10. #130
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    I randomly blame McJag for all of this secessionist talk in Texas.

  11. #131
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Enough demonizing the bunch based on a few bad apples. There are nutjobs in TX who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in TX. That doesn't make every Texan a nutjob.

    There are nutjobs in the US who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in US. That doesn't make every American a nutjob.
    Thank you,Lurker. I do have to wonder if ManxMouse has forgotten already about George W Bush! Of course,if he got voted in TWICE,that would make all of us equally stupid. How did that mock job work for ya? Same here.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  12. #132
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Thank you,Lurker. I do have to wonder if ManxMouse has forgotten already about George W Bush! Of course,if he got voted in TWICE,that would make all of us equally stupid. How did that mock job work for ya? Same here.
    How soon they've forgotten right? Or did Texas (all by their lil' ol' self) elect Dubya? Oh wait, he stole the election, didn't he? If Texas is as powerful as all that, I guess they'd better hope Texas doesn't secede...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  13. #133
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    GW is a memory that is just too shocking and traumatic.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  14. #134
    Elite Member Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    citizen of the world
    Posts
    5,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Cali! Please! Of course we have more bad state stats. We are bigger than some states combined! We also have (and keep in mind our size) 2% LOWER unemployment that the national average.
    Yes, but its still at a record high, and Texas lost 47,000 jobs in March. And Gov. Perry has turned down the federal stimulus money that would help lower the rate. Thankfully the TX Senate passed a bill to force him to take some of the money, but it isn't final yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    We have no state income tax and a 2000 sq ft house in L A would cost maybe a million,you can get it here for around 200,000 thou. We have people coming here from all other states-businesses too. They get tax breaks-we get lower unemployment.
    I know, there are good parts about the state. I'm not denying it.

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    This state has thousands of really nice people and I am sorry you seem to be writing us all off.
    I'm sorry if it came across that way- I'm not writing off the whole state. I'm just really frustrated with the massive problems the state has. Lord knows I would have liked to live there, because my family is still in Texas. But there is no way I can raise a family in that state because the schools are a mess, and its a stifilling place to grow up if you aren't a devout Christian GOP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    3. There was no free clinic where I grew up either - and no, I did not grow up in Texas- and I managed to not get knocked up or contract any diseases.
    Its not the free part that's the problem, so much as that in large parts of the state, there is an absolute LACK of a clinic for teens to go to. That's a problem, and it directly relates to Texas' teen pregnancy problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    And I didn't blame the entire problem on illegals. Plus, I'm not sure exactly how accurate a count there is on "illegals". Since they aren't paying taxes or voting or anything, kinda hard to keep an accurate number.
    I agree with you on that one - we don't have a good method for accounting for the number of illegals.

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    However, as long as the non-nutjobs do nothing while the nutjobs rule, the nutjobs will continue to rule because they certainly aren't going to hand over their power because they want to give someone else a turn.
    I agree, and that's a big part of why I'm trying to have this discussion. So far, all the issues I've raised have been blamed on illegal immigrants, etc. instead of having a decent discussion about the underlying reasons why the problems are so bad, and nothing is being done about it. Why are the Texans on this board so reluctant to discuss the causes of the problems the state has? It proves my underlying point: Texans don't want to talk about it. Or they want to blame it all on illegal immigrants and take zero responsibility for continually electing detrimental politicians and quashing any opposing views.

  15. #135
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default



    he's trying to get out of Crawford, nail the doors shut!!!!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
  2. Did Sarah Palin once wish to secede from the Union?
    By mintjelly in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 12th, 2008, 03:45 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 4th, 2008, 01:26 PM
  5. Texas/Texas Tech game this weekend
    By DisruptiveHair in forum Sports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 18th, 2005, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •