Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Texas threatening to secede from the nation

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Y-E-S!!!!! Absolutely. The people that the great State of Texas elected the Governor and elected their Representatives. We get to comment when the act like blithering idiots.
    So majority rule? Without any upholding of a constitution and a system of checks and balances?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    So majority rule? Without any upholding of a constitution and a system of checks and balances?
    I don't understand what you're talking about. Was there an illegal election that put all these people into office? Do you think the majority ONLY rules if it's your majority? The checks and balances are there - Texas has an executive branch, a legislative branch, and a judicial branch and they all appear to be fucking nuts - which is why the rest of us are mocking Texas.

Just chiming in to add that Texas has an extraordinarily weak governorship. So Perry has very little actual power and anyone in the know does not take this at all seriously. Which probably explains why GWB managed not to fuck things up too badly before he became Pres.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Enough demonizing the bunch based on a few bad apples. There are nutjobs in TX who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in TX. That doesn't make every Texan a nutjob.

There are nutjobs in the US who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in US. That doesn't make every American a nutjob.

There are nutjobs in the world who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in the world. That doesn't make every Earthling a nutjob.

However, as long as the non-nutjobs do nothing while the nutjobs rule, the nutjobs will continue to rule because they certainly aren't going to hand over their power because they want to give someone else a turn.

As far as I'm concerned, Austin should just secede from Texas, and the rest of y'all Texans are on your own. It'll all be going Democrat at some point though anyway.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I don't understand what you're talking about. Was there an illegal election that put all these people into office? Do you think the majority ONLY rules if it's your majority? The checks and balances are there - Texas has an executive branch, a legislative branch, and a judicial branch and they all appear to be fucking nuts - which is why the rest of us are mocking Texas.
    Yes, we're are balls to the walls insane. What do you mean by "ONLY rules if it's your majority?" What majority are you talking about? I don't think I identify with any majority.

Would it be okay to say that other countries and states are full of useless and ignorant idiots? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yes it is. Hello, newfoundland!
    Quebec too.
    I'd add Surrey to that mix to even though it's not a province. Seriously, nuke that place from orbit.

Seriously guys, I need an "lol, of course" otherwise I'm going to start thinking you're a bunch of Nazis.

Would it be okay to say that other countries and states are full of useless and ignorant idiots? No.

Yes, we're are balls to the walls insane. What do you mean by "ONLY rules if it's your majority?" What majority are you talking about? I don't think I identify with any majority.
    They're your quotes. I just can't figure out what your point is. No one (outside of Texas) initially brought up the idea of secession. I just agree that it's fine to go if that's what y'all want to do. Since it's your highest elected official who put the idea on the floor, it's an idea worth exploring - which is what we have done in this thread. If you're embarassed that those are your government officials, I get that, but join in the joke, don't put it on us that they are a joke.

I randomly blame McJag for all of this secessionist talk in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Enough demonizing the bunch based on a few bad apples. There are nutjobs in TX who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in TX. That doesn't make every Texan a nutjob.

There are nutjobs in the US who, precisely because they are nutjobs, have forced themselves in power in US. That doesn't make every American a nutjob.
    Thank you,Lurker. I do have to wonder if ManxMouse has forgotten already about George W Bush! Of course,if he got voted in TWICE,that would make all of us equally stupid. How did that mock job work for ya? Same here.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Thank you,Lurker. I do have to wonder if ManxMouse has forgotten already about George W Bush! Of course,if he got voted in TWICE,that would make all of us equally stupid. How did that mock job work for ya? Same here.
    How soon they've forgotten right? Or did Texas (all by their lil' ol' self) elect Dubya? Oh wait, he stole the election, didn't he? If Texas is as powerful as all that, I guess they'd better hope Texas doesn't secede...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

GW is a memory that is just too shocking and traumatic.

Cali! Please! Of course we have more bad state stats. We are bigger than some states combined! We also have (and keep in mind our size) 2% LOWER unemployment that the national average.
    Yes, but its still at a record high, and Texas lost 47,000 jobs in March. And Gov. Perry has turned down the federal stimulus money that would help lower the rate. Thankfully the TX Senate passed a bill to force him to take some of the money, but it isn't final yet.

We have no state income tax and a 2000 sq ft house in L A would cost maybe a million,you can get it here for around 200,000 thou. We have people coming here from all other states-businesses too. They get tax breaks-we get lower unemployment.
    I know, there are good parts about the state. I'm not denying it.

This state has thousands of really nice people and I am sorry you seem to be writing us all off.
    I'm sorry if it came across that way- I'm not writing off the whole state. I'm just really frustrated with the massive problems the state has. Lord knows I would have liked to live there, because my family is still in Texas. But there is no way I can raise a family in that state because the schools are a mess, and its a stifilling place to grow up if you aren't a devout Christian GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    3. There was no free clinic where I grew up either - and no, I did not grow up in Texas- and I managed to not get knocked up or contract any diseases.
    Its not the free part that's the problem, so much as that in large parts of the state, there is an absolute LACK of a clinic for teens to go to. That's a problem, and it directly relates to Texas' teen pregnancy problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    And I didn't blame the entire problem on illegals. Plus, I'm not sure exactly how accurate a count there is on "illegals". Since they aren't paying taxes or voting or anything, kinda hard to keep an accurate number.
    I agree with you on that one - we don't have a good method for accounting for the number of illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    However, as long as the non-nutjobs do nothing while the nutjobs rule, the nutjobs will continue to rule because they certainly aren't going to hand over their power because they want to give someone else a turn.
    I agree, and that's a big part of why I'm trying to have this discussion. So far, all the issues I've raised have been blamed on illegal immigrants, etc. instead of having a decent discussion about the underlying reasons why the problems are so bad, and nothing is being done about it. Why are the Texans on this board so reluctant to discuss the causes of the problems the state has? It proves my underlying point: Texans don't want to talk about it. Or they want to blame it all on illegal immigrants and take zero responsibility for continually electing detrimental politicians and quashing any opposing views.

he's trying to get out of Crawford, nail the doors shut!!!!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information