Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas threatening to secede from the nation

Hey, I still love my Governor...even though he did want to abolish the death penalty in MD..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

lol. Like all those mighty companies wouldn't been pulled off Texas if they had the slight intention of seceeding from the Union. If the Red States left the Union, their standard of living would drop to that of poor South American countries; remember that a quite chunk of them live on "federal welfare" that the Blue States pay through taxes.

BTW, last time I checked Texas is somewhat 55% Republican. I feel bad for those "normal" people over there (and I don't mean those who don't vote for the GOP, but also moderate Republicans who don't buy that kind of rightist extremism)
    Last edited by Tati; April 21st, 2009 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
    BTW, last time I checked Texas is somewhat 55% Republican. I feel bad for those "normal" people over there (and I don't mean those who don't vote for the GOP, but also moderate Republicans who don't buy that kind of rightist extremism)
    Thank you!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Texas as a state is a massive mess, and it is always bitching about something, and ending up in the national news for mind-bogglingly awful problems in the state.

The state is chock-a-block with the most extreme factions of the GOP. Its a pipe dream to even believe that the TX Democrats stand a snowballs chance in hell of coming into power and changing the state. And there are so many social problems in the state.

Texas is the state with the 2nd most hategroups in then nation- there are 66 active hate groups in TX.

And then there's this lovely list that I pulled together for another post, about why TX desperately needed the stimulus money that they turned down:
    - Texas has the 5th HIGHEST Alcohol-related traffic fatalities in the nation.
    - Texas has the #2 MOST STD cases in the nation.
    - Texas ranks #45 on the health index, making it the 6th most UNHEALTHY state in the nation.
    - Texas is # 3 in the nation for the most overweight / obese population
    - Texas is # 1 in teen pregnancies
    - Texas ranks # 8 for the number of people living below the poverty level
    - Texas is the # 1 state for the most people in prison.
    - Texas is the 3rd most dangerous state in the nation for violent crimes committed.
    - Texas has the 6th worst road conditions in the nation
    - And, to round it out, Texas is DEAD LAST in the nation for people 25 or older who hold at least a HS diploma.

All the stats came from here: http://www.statemaster.com/
    So what do we do with the states that worse than Texas? Like California -number 1 for hate crimes? What about the number one and number 2 for most dangerous states for violent crimes? The STD thing, I didn't see where Texas was number 2 - it looked like there was a breakdown per STD and what can I say, at least we weren't number one on that.

When people get to talking shit about Texas, you'll really need to take into consideration things like how many of those people are here illegally? How many of those here illegally graduated high school or had a teen birth (which is different than pregnant - being in the bible belt, people here are less likely to consider abortion), are unemployed and so on.... why do you think California is outranking Texas on many of those statistics?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

...cuz a lot of losers from Texas hightail it to california?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yeah, Texas is stupid, drunken hillbillys who like to fuck and run over other people. Texas and California will never be properly placed on these types of statistics Cali considering the millions of illegal aliens there. Florida either. Laws make it difficult for those people to go to school, to get a high school diploma, to become insured, to rise above circumstances. In short, Texas is no different than where you all live. There's just some asshole spouting off at the mouth and ... the world falls for it again. And if Kay Bailey Hutchinson does win, I want apologies. From all ya'll! I'm not a "Texan" but my son was born here and subjects like this do piss me off. It's the same as racism - this whole "oh you're fucking stupid 'cuz you live in Texas"... Fuck that and fuck anybody who believes that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ...cuz a lot of losers from Texas hightail it to california?
    Don't make me post a pic of palin's puss....
    Last edited by Tati; April 21st, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Yeah, Texas is stupid, drunken hillbillys who like to fuck and run over other people. Texas and California will never be properly placed on these types of statistics Cali considering the millions of illegal aliens there. Florida either. Laws make it difficult for those people to go to school, to get a high school diploma, to become insured, to rise above circumstances. In short, Texas is no different than where you all live. There's just some asshole spouting off at the mouth and ... the world falls for it again. And if Kay Bailey Hutchinson does win, I want apologies. From all ya'll! I'm not a "Texan" but my son was born here and subjects like this do piss me off. It's the same as racism - this whole "oh you're fucking stupid 'cuz you live in Texas"... Fuck that and fuck anybody who believes that shit!
    RAISE HELL!!!

But see all the rest of us have the good graces to hide the crazy relatives in the attic - y'all been electing them.

Before I get into all this, let me just say that I have lived a great deal of my life (10+ years) in Texas, and then about 8 years in California. So I'm not speaking out of my ass here, by any means.

So what do we do with the states that worse than Texas? Like California -number 1 for hate crimes?
    California is only in the equation because they have a much larger population: 36,756,666 vs. Texas' 23,904,380, for a difference of 13 million people. Plus they have many more massive cities, which provide the basis for the larger number of hate groups. In Texas, there are 2 large cities, and then a number of smaller cities and tons of rural area. If you look at the list of hate groups, it paints the picture of a large majority of Texas having active hate groups. In California, its centralized into most of the cities.

When people get to talking shit about Texas, you'll really need to take into consideration things like how many of those people are here illegally? How many of those here illegally graduated high school or had a teen birth (which is different than pregnant - being in the bible belt, people here are less likely to consider abortion), are unemployed and so on.... why do you think California is outranking Texas on many of those statistics?
    I think this argument is partially valid and partially a cop-out. By and large, California has a MUCH worse problem with illegal immigration than Texas. They do- I've lived there and its literally visible wherever you go. ETA: Statistically, California has 2.4 million illegals, compared to Texas' 1.4 million, according to a Pew Hispanic Study I just found.

Plus, Texas has a massive problem with teen pregnancy because of all the opposition to educating teens about contraception, sex ed, preaching abstinence, etc. I should know: the high school I graduated from in Texas LED THE NATION in teen pregnancies & births for 3 years running. And without exception, it was middle-class American Southern Baptist girls who didn't get any education on those matters. In California, you have a Planned Parenthood within 10 minuets of you, wherever you live. In my part of Texas, the closest Planned Parenthood was 4 hours away. We had ONE family planning clinic that gave out birth control to teens and did STD screenings (no abortions), and it served an area about 400 miles in all directions. Yeah, people would drive 4 hours to come to this one rinky-dink family planning clinic. Is it any wonder that there was a massive teen pregnancy problem?

The same logic follows for the high school graduation rate. In Texas, you've had that screwed up TASP/TAKS/THEA test that has led to so many kids being unable to graduate high school because of the stupid test and screwed up education system. I don't doubt that illegal immigrants are part of that problem, but lets not forget that George Bush launched the training wheels version of No Child Left Behind in Texas when he was Gov.

Texas has deep, deep problems. To blame it all on illegal immigration isn't even close to the full story of how screwed up the state is.

^ All county's have health departments.

I wonder how many tax dollars Texas contributes to the Federal government?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ All county's have health departments.
    Not all health departments offer family planning services. STD testing yes. But in my part of Texas, the county health dept. didn't offer any family planning services because it was 'controversial' or mysteriously didn't have the funding.

I'm serious, it all came down to this one rinky-dink family planning clinic that held on by the skin of its teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Texas as a state is a massive mess, and it is always bitching about something, and ending up in the national news for mind-bogglingly awful problems in the state.

The state is chock-a-block with the most extreme factions of the GOP. Its a pipe dream to even believe that the TX Democrats stand a snowballs chance in hell of coming into power and changing the state. And there are so many social problems in the state.

Texas is the state with the 2nd most hategroups in then nation- there are 66 active hate groups in TX.

And then there's this lovely list that I pulled together for another post, about why TX desperately needed the stimulus money that they turned down:
    - Texas has the 5th HIGHEST Alcohol-related traffic fatalities in the nation.
    - Texas has the #2 MOST STD cases in the nation.
    - Texas ranks #45 on the health index, making it the 6th most UNHEALTHY state in the nation.
    - Texas is # 3 in the nation for the most overweight / obese population
    - Texas is # 1 in teen pregnancies
    - Texas ranks # 8 for the number of people living below the poverty level
    - Texas is the # 1 state for the most people in prison.
    - Texas is the 3rd most dangerous state in the nation for violent crimes committed.
    - Texas has the 6th worst road conditions in the nation
    - And, to round it out, Texas is DEAD LAST in the nation for people 25 or older who hold at least a HS diploma.

All the stats came from here: http://www.statemaster.com/
    90 % of this is explained by:
    1) Mexicans
    2) Very large population
    I don't care if #1 is offensive, it is the God's honest truth.

And get this straight-- Rainbow Rick Perry is just trying to shore up his extreme conservative credentials for the upcoming Republican primary, in which he will get THRASHED by Kay Bailey Hutchison. Not to worry -- he is going down.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    90 % of this is explained by:
    1) Mexicans
    2) Very large population
    I don't care if #1 is offensive, it is the God's honest truth.

And get this straight-- Rainbow Rick Perry is just trying to shore up his extreme conservative credentials for the upcoming Republican primary, in which he will get THRASHED by Kay Bailey Hutchison. Not to worry -- he is going down.
    See my previous post, I already poked holes in all of your comments.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information