Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas threatening to secede from the nation

at least they have their village idiot back
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Texas should write an apology letter for the entire Bush Error.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Obama may be half white, but he's still considered black by the majority of the world. The whole 'one drop' rule, dumb as it may be. In a perfect world he would be considered mixed, or it just wouldn't be an issue at all.

And Obama can apply some of the Bush Doctrine and use the massive American military to invade Texas to take the oil, NASA and anything else we want...while, of course, bringing Democracy to the third world Republic of Texas.
    1. Based on the "one drop rule", I think we're all "black".
    2. As God is our witness, we will burn it all before we let anybody take anything from US (that's us, not U.S.). It will look like Atlanta three days after Sherman went through.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Texas and Alaska can go bye-bye. (No offense to any non-crazy Texas on GR).
    No such thing exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Texas contributed GW Bush. End of discussion.
    BULLFUCKINSHIT - he's a fucking yankee!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Texas should write an apology letter for the entire Bush Error.
    NO, Texas shouldn't - his momma and daddy should...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I kinda really hope Texas considers seceding. It would solve so many problems! And honestly, Perry and the Republicans who have the state on lockdown are just crazy enough to make good on the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Yadayada. *makes note if this happens to take out King first. Hell with the manicure.*
    *makes note to have Homeland Security save a spot at Gitmo for McJag after making a terrorist threat. *

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    1. Based on the "one drop rule", I think we're all "black".
    2. As God is our witness, we will burn it all before we let anybody take anything from US (that's us, not U.S.). It will look like Atlanta three days after Sherman went through.

No such thing exists.

BULLFUCKINSHIT - he's a fucking yankee!

NO, Texas shouldn't - his momma and daddy should...
    Shhh, you'll scare some of the crazy Texans like Rick Perry and Chuck Norris.

I got into an argument with a former professor over the secession thing. I have no idea how people with such boneheaded political views can ever become professors.. you know.. people who SHAPE YOUNG PEOPLES MINDS?!! It's frightening.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I kinda really hope Texas considers seceding. It would solve so many problems! And honestly, Perry and the Republicans who have the state on lockdown are just crazy enough to make good on the threat.
    Why?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Why?
    Texas as a state is a massive mess, and it is always bitching about something, and ending up in the national news for mind-bogglingly awful problems in the state.

The state is chock-a-block with the most extreme factions of the GOP. Its a pipe dream to even believe that the TX Democrats stand a snowballs chance in hell of coming into power and changing the state. And there are so many social problems in the state.

Texas is the state with the 2nd most hategroups in then nation- there are 66 active hate groups in TX.

And then there's this lovely list that I pulled together for another post, about why TX desperately needed the stimulus money that they turned down:
    - Texas has the 5th HIGHEST Alcohol-related traffic fatalities in the nation.
    - Texas has the #2 MOST STD cases in the nation.
    - Texas ranks #45 on the health index, making it the 6th most UNHEALTHY state in the nation.
    - Texas is # 3 in the nation for the most overweight / obese population
    - Texas is # 1 in teen pregnancies
    - Texas ranks # 8 for the number of people living below the poverty level
    - Texas is the # 1 state for the most people in prison.
    - Texas is the 3rd most dangerous state in the nation for violent crimes committed.
    - Texas has the 6th worst road conditions in the nation
    - And, to round it out, Texas is DEAD LAST in the nation for people 25 or older who hold at least a HS diploma.

All the stats came from here: http://www.statemaster.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Texas as a state is a massive mess, and it is always bitching about something, and ending up in the national news for mind-bogglingly awful problems in the state.

The state is chock-a-block with the most extreme factions of the GOP. Its a pipe dream to even believe that the TX Democrats stand a snowballs chance in hell of coming into power and changing the state. And there are so many social problems in the state that its mind-boggling.

Texas is the state with the 2nd most hategroups in then nation- there are 66 active hate groups in TX.

And then there's this lovely list that I pulled together for another post, about why TX desperately needed the stimulus money that they turned down:
    - Texas has the 5th HIGHEST Alcohol-related traffic fatalities in the nation.
    - Texas has the #2 MOST STD cases in the nation.
    - Texas ranks #45 on the health index, making it the 6th most UNHEALTHY state in the nation.
    - Texas is # 3 in the nation for the most overweight / obese population
    - Texas is # 1 in teen pregnancies
    - Texas ranks # 8 for the number of people living below the poverty level
    - Texas is the # 1 state for the most people in prison.
    - Texas is the 3rd most dangerous state in the nation for violent crimes committed.
    - Texas has the 6th worst road conditions in the nation
    - And, to round it out, Texas is DEAD LAST in the nation for people 25 or older who hold at least a HS diploma.

All the stats came from here: http://www.statemaster.com/
    All of those statistics are sad indeed, but that doesn't mean that the US should sever ties with them as a part of our country. Each state carries its own good and bad statistics. I can't help but think many Dems would be upset if TX was a blue state. To me, that just encourages the mob mentality. We need different opinions in this country, that's how it works. If no one openly disagreed to politics, welcome to Communism.

erm no, communism has zero to do with not agreeing in politics...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

And... wait for it..... now Glenn Beck has joined the Secessionist movement!
    Glenn Beck Praises Texas Secessionists As Patriots: They Just Think Texas Does America Best

Video (can't get it to embed): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl7A_KY0A4

On last night's (4/15/09) On The Record, Greta Van Susteren interviewed Glenn Beck at a tea party protest at The Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. Beck who, you may recall burst into tears on national television just thinking about how much he loves his country, nonetheless praised the Texans behind him who cheered raucously when Van Susteren referred to Texas Governor Rick Perry's recent statement that Texas might have to secede. “They just think Texas does America best,” Beck said jovially about the secessionist-supporting crowd. With video.

Standing in front of the Alamo, Beck said, “This is the place – everybody's always heard, you know, 'Draw a line in the sand' – this is where it happened. They drew a line in the sand and said 'Enough is enough.'”

Beck later told Van Susteren, “Texans understand a republic better than anybody else in the country.” Wild cheers erupted behind him.

At that point, Van Susteren brought up Governor Rick Perry's statement earlier in the day, after speaking at that same protest, in which he suggested to reporters that Texas might have to secede. “Governor Perry has some pretty harsh words for the federal government right now,” she said. Another wild cheer broke out at those words.

Beck responded by saying he had talked to the governor and while he didn't know how popular Perry is (another big cheer), “His words rang true to an awful lot of people, not just in Texas, but I think a lot of people all around the country.” Speaking figuratively to the federal government, Beck said, “You need to back off!” That brought on another burst of loud approval.

“I don't want to be too dramatic,” Van Susteren said, “but it almost seems like Texas is looking to secede from the rest of the nation.” Now there were cheers, applause and banner-waving.”

Beck didn't disagree.
    He asked the cameras to get a shot of a large banner of the Texas flag with the words, “Texas Independence” on it. That prompted what were probably the loudest, longest cheers yet.

Bragging about how well he understands Texas (because he lived there for four years), Beck said, “These people love America (more cheers). They just think Texas does America best.”

The crowd erupted into a “USA!” chant.
    http://www.newshounds.us/2009/04/16/...erica_best.php
    Last edited by Cali; April 16th, 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Oh Sparkly, according to the teabaggery fun with the Gov., they WANT to secede. We're just agreeing and not putting any of them regulations in the way. See, it's a public service.

you know if texas decides to walk, they take 34 republican reps from congress with them.

how soon can they go?

Elite Member

I really like this idea (apologies to all the normal Texas folk on this board). Perry could be President and Chuck Norris could be Secretary of Defense. They would need a strong SOD because they'd constantly be trying to defend themselves against Mexico.

Or they could just become a dictatorship.

Hmm. I think this could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    erm no, communism has zero to do with not agreeing in politics...
    Yeah, I get that.
    I was merely pointing out that if no one can have a dissenting view, and they have to follow the mob mentality, it's equivalent to living under communism in the sense that those people don't have that right either, which is true.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information