Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas may let hunters shoot pigs from helicopters

....there are shitloads in eastern North Carolina, too....the places they take over are usually pretty brushy and tough to get at....I don't hunt anything myself (takes too much time from fishing), but I've known a lot of guys lose their hunting dogs because they ran across some wild boars......those suckers are m-e-a-n.....worse than a hungry Ann Coulter.....and nearly as ugly.....

Elite Member

Palins are on their way down to help make sure this happens and they get first shot.

I think up here they only tag the deer by air, count them or something then let people go hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh,hell no! They are sinewy,no fat & disease ridden. Oh,yuck. I suppose a few die hards might,but nononon. No more that you would dine on rat or nutrias. It would be a total health hazzard. Again,theses are far,far from domestic pigs we know.
    Yes, well I do know that they a different breed than domestic pigs, I do eat wild pig meat on regular basis, but I don't know if those wild pigs are the same as the ones in texas.

In general wild pig meat is really tasty. What kind of diseases do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahti View Post
    Yes, well I do know that they a different breed than domestic pigs, I do eat wild pig meat on regular basis, but I don't know if those wild pigs are the same as the ones in texas.

In general wild pig meat is really tasty. What kind of diseases do they have?
    Here,from United Wildlife Control:
    Always be aware of the potential for disease transmission when feral hogs are associated with domestic livestock. Cholera, swine brucellosis, trichinosis, bovine tuberculosis, foot and mouth disease, African swine fever, and pseudorabies are all diseases that may be transmitted to livestock (Wood and Barrett 1979). Bovine tuberculosis was transmitted to beef cattle by wild hogs on the Hearst Ranch in California in 1965. Pork that was infected with hog cholera brought into Kosrae Island in the East Carolinas resulted in the decimation of all domestic and feral hogs on the island.

If you butcher a wild hog ,you are suppose to bury all remaining parts and your gloves!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Here,from United Wildlife Control:
    Always be aware of the potential for disease transmission when feral hogs are associated with domestic livestock. Cholera, swine brucellosis, trichinosis, bovine tuberculosis, foot and mouth disease, African swine fever, and pseudorabies are all diseases that may be transmitted to livestock (Wood and Barrett 1979). Bovine tuberculosis was transmitted to beef cattle by wild hogs on the Hearst Ranch in California in 1965. Pork that was infected with hog cholera brought into Kosrae Island in the East Carolinas resulted in the decimation of all domestic and feral hogs on the island.

If you butcher a wild hog ,you are suppose to bury all remaining parts and your gloves!
    Oh my, that's a lot of diseases. Pigs in general have a lot of diseases because they eat rats and stuff like that, but still, that's a long list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahti View Post
    Oh my, that's a lot of diseases. Pigs in general have a lot of diseases because they eat rats and stuff like that, but still, that's a long list.
    And all of it pretty horrible. Really,not for human consumption.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Poor piggies. I hate hunting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information