Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas education board approves Conservative Curriculum changes by far right

So... we are now literally and legally teaching Texan kids to be the next generation of conservative idiots. Awesome.

A fucking embarrassment. As much as Texas is full of conservative idiots, I don't believe what this board has done is representative of the beliefs of the state's population. They operate like a dictatorship. In fact, McLeroy and one of the other main wingnuts was just voted out...they're gone next month, but apparently decided to go out with a bang. I hope this doesn't just die down. The public should be PISSED, this is just outrageous bullshit.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It's hitting nearly every news site but Faux. The comments are growing. People are laughing and pissed off at the same time. I think this might meet a challenge.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    as the saying goes.. liberals like information to be factual.. conservatives like information to be conservative.
    The facts have a liberal bias.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    This bullshit in Texas is actually a good argument for national standardized textbooks. Why should the kids in Texas get an inferior education because the adults in charge are retards?
    Seriously!

This makes me so mad. And the fucking Democrats just WALKED OUT of the meetings and gave up. Real leadership right there.

Some other awful changes:
    - 'In one of the day’s more bizarre debates, again in sociology, Cargill successfully eliminated discussion of “sex and gender and social constructs.” “This allows students to go into the world of transvestites, transsexuals and God-knows-what-else,” Cargill said.'

- 'One filed by McLeroy called for study of the notion of American Exceptionalism, a concept that has sparked much debate.

- Another, from Bradley, ensured study of the “unintended consequences” of the Great Society, affirmative action, and Title IX.

- 'Teachers in Texas will be required to cover the Judeo-Christian influences of the nation's Founding Fathers, but not highlight the philosophical rationale for the separation of church and state.

- Then Berlanga looked across the room to see conservative member Don McLeroy proposing the inclusion of three new white historic figures, including Sul Ross, a Texas Governor, Confederate general, a president of the university now called Texas A&M. “Every Aggie knows him. He’s a fine gentleman,” McLeroy explained.

Um Wow- I'm speechless.

What? Democrats folded? no wai.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

They were outnumbered and had no chance of having any of their proposals agreed to. They could have stayed and argued, but it would have been futile.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    They were outnumbered and had no chance of having any of their proposals agreed to. They could have stayed and argued, but it would have been futile.
    Frankly I don't care. Walking out assured a loss. Yet by staying in the room, they were at least leaving the door open, and as far as I'm concerned, that's why I elect these people. If I vote for someone, I'm voting bc they are an experienced politico who can sit their ass in that chair for as long as is required, in the hope that they might find a window to work. I want them to stay in that meeting, looking for every opportunity to try to bridge that gap and win votes. Sure, it probably wouldn't have happened. But by leaving, they assured that it wouldnt. Had they stuck with the meeting- who knows? At least the possibility existed before they left.

Sigh. Texas Democrats need to work on refining their will and, for lack of a better phrase, their political balls. They can't ever expect to get anywhere if they just head for the hills at the first sign of being outnumbered.

lol that's all democrats do. look nationally: they quiver with fear
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    A fucking embarrassment. As much as Texas is full of conservative idiots, I don't believe what this board has done is representative of the beliefs of the state's population. They operate like a dictatorship. In fact, McLeroy and one of the other main wingnuts was just voted out...they're gone next month, but apparently decided to go out with a bang. I hope this doesn't just die down. The public should be PISSED, this is just outrageous bullshit.
    It is a total fucking embarrassment. I wanted to fucking cry when I heard this shit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

^^Yeah, it's weird, isn't it? I felt so angry and sad and horrified and so many other things when I read this, despite the fact that the heathens will never be impacted by this, albeit directly. Unfortunately they may come into contact with the poor kids who grow up thinking this stuff is true or, at the very least, have to live in a world where the next generation is woefully mis-informed and brainwashed and some of them may get into power.
    And that's the crux of the thing: it's a way of making sure these asshats insane ideas carry on into the next generation. If I lived in Texas I'd be swiftly investigating private schools. Or moving.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

My son starts kindergarten in the next school year.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    My son starts kindergarten in the next school year.
    In Texas? Move. Or go private. You do not want that lovely heathen having his mind warped. Alternatively, work counter-intelligence (or intelligence, as it were) and refute all the bullshit they teach him, making sure that he knows he's only regurgitating this shit to get the grades so he can grow up and have a decent life. Or move.

--Sinclair Lewis

Making a game plan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information