Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas drivers license requirements go too far

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    I got a tiny taste of that with my DMV experience and it really, really sucked. It was like talking to a brick wall: what do you mean my US passport and certified birth certificate don't prove I'm a citizen? All that just to be able to drive my car.
    Any chance that you just happened to get a dumb DMV person when you went in? Last time I went to get a driver's license (not in TX), I was told I needed two pieces of mail. I brought one. I came back with two pieces. Saw a different person. That person only cared to look at one.

Since when is prying into a a person's medical history for facts, which do not affect driving, legal? If people with epilepsy and Tourette's are allowed to drive, the person who had a difficult life even occur really isnt a priority to watch on the road, imho.

Let's not even talk about the 4'5" little old lady in the tank who is running across lines and onto sidewalks. She is mentally stable, just not able to control 1.5 tons of metal effectively.

In honor of McJag I won't make any obvious jokes about Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    In honor of McJag I won't make any obvious jokes about Texas.
    She was waiting for just such an insult. She so appreciates such kindness.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Ha! That is where you would have the best time & be totally accepted. We like em- the more outspoken & outrageous,the more dinner parties! We could have the greatest time! Take Louisiana-drive through dacquies. Alcohol at breakfast,lunch,dinner-matters naught! The Cochon de Lait Festival-you would love Ville Platt! The parade is something else-everyone so plowed they are falling off their horses,but rally for the dance later. No sleep needed-you might miss something! Yep,you'd be happy as a crawfish!
    Coming from a family of serious alcoholics, (most dead now because of it) I can't think of anything more fun than being with a bunch of drunks all day.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Coming from a family of serious alcoholics, (most dead now because of it) I can't think of anything more fun than being with a bunch of drunks all day.
    Butt & her sister in law will love them! Not sure for how long...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Any chance that you just happened to get a dumb DMV person when you went in? Last time I went to get a driver's license (not in TX), I was told I needed two pieces of mail. I brought one. I came back with two pieces. Saw a different person. That person only cared to look at one.
    I think it was equal parts stupid clerk and stupid laws. She turned away at least 4 people in front of me for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Ha! That is where you would have the best time & be totally accepted. We like em- the more outspoken & outrageous,the more dinner parties! We could have the greatest time! Take Louisiana-drive through dacquies.
    We have drive-through dacquiries in Texas too: Eskimohut | The Sight - Home You can even tell them how many shots you want in the things. They serve it to you in a big to-go cup with a straw, sealed in a plastic bag to keep it just-barely legal.

Texas is alright, the people here are amazing (at least the liberal ones ). But there isn't much here for me. I lived in California for so long that this place just isn't home anymore. It feels like a police state - I'm carded for eevvvvverything, and I don't remotely look under 18. Hell, I was carded for buying white-out the other day at Wal-mart. And all the cough medicine is behind the pharmacy counter and you have to sign your name and give your DL # just to get some frickin' Sudafed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    I think it was equal parts stupid clerk and stupid laws. She turned away at least 4 people in front of me for similar reasons.

We have drive-through dacquiries in Texas too: Eskimohut | The Sight - Home You can even tell them how many shots you want in the things. They serve it to you in a big to-go cup with a straw, sealed in a plastic bag to keep it just-barely legal.

Texas is alright, the people here are amazing (at least the liberal ones ). But there isn't much here for me. I lived in California for so long that this place just isn't home anymore. It feels like a police state - I'm carded for eevvvvverything, and I don't remotely look under 18. Hell, I was carded for buying white-out the other day at Wal-mart. And all the cough medicine is behind the pharmacy counter and you have to sign your name and give your DL # just to get some frickin' Sudafed.
    Yes-that always makes me feel guilty! About a year or so ago,gangs of people (from OKLAHOMA,of all places) would spread out around the DFW area and shoplift it all to make illegal drugs. We were heavily targeted here. And about the carding-even great Grandmothers get there birth dates listed. I think they have to prove they asked & got your birthdate now. Overkill,for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information