Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ted Kennedy collapses during luncheon

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I'm with you Mel... Let me see, sitting on ass or having power over people and being somebody?
    If you're a Kennedy, you do both.. sit on your ass and have power - and the money too.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^ True... Can you imagine the terror that Kopechne went through while he just swam away? And people are defending him.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Elite Member

Default re

Admittedly, it is hard to reconcile the Kennedy of Chappaquiddick, who did a horrible, horrible thing, the husband to Joan, and the drunken sot of the William Kennedy Smith trial with the person who has been an effective and beloved elder statesman for the last few decades, and the paterfamilias of a famous family.

He is beloved in the Senate and in his state for what he has done for the past 30 years, not for what he did before. I guess to understand it you would have to talk with the people he works with everyday or the people in his state whom he has directly helped with their problems.

He was born with every advantage in life and he squandered those advantages for most of his young and adult life. It would have been better for him and us if he had been fairly and openly charged with an appropriate level of crime and had done some hard time time. For a lot of people, no matter what he has done since, they will always remember that. I understand that there is no making up for what he did.

As far as a curse regarding his brain tumor, he is damn lucky to be the only brother who will live out his full span of days. He's also lucky to have been given the time to try to make something of his life instead of just be the wannabe who could never become president. I'm sure he knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    So the law didn't put him away so we should all feel sorry for him? They didn't put him away because of who he is. Sickening. If I ever killed someone I wouldn't be able to go on, but him no problem. Probably didn't give it two thoughts.
    Murder shows intent. He ran of a cliff and freaked the fuck out. Humans do that. It was cowardly and despicable.

What he did was totally asinine and selfish, but it was one act. If people are going to have their whole lives judged on one act, everyone on this planet is screwed.

That situation was so questionable. Only Mary Jo Kopechne and Kennedy will ever know what really happened. If I remember correctly, she wasn't autopsied, at her family's, not Kennedy's, request and there were busted windows on the car. No autopsy? No definitive answer to reason for death, thus no manslaughter charges. The rumors indicated Ted was drunk. If others could see that, then surely she could to. Who gets into a car with a drunk ass?

I believe there was more to the story.

He didn't have to get his shit together and work to help people. He could have laid around on the Kennedy trust funds and been a lazy ass.

I never said he was perfect. I never said he was innocent. No one is. That doesn't mean I will completely ignore the his other actions.
    Last edited by RevellingInSane; January 21st, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

...dead yet?
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Murder shows intent. He ran of a cliff and freaked the fuck out. Humans do that. It was cowardly and despicable.

What he did was totally asinine and selfish, but it was one act. If people are going to have their whole lives judged on one act, everyone on this planet is screwed.

That situation was so questionable. Only Mary Jo Kopechne and Kennedy will ever know what really happened. If I remember correctly, she wasn't autopsied, at her family's, not Kennedy's, request and there were busted windows on the car. No autopsy? No definitive answer to reason for death, thus no manslaughter charges. The rumors indicated Ted was drunk. If others could see that, then surely she could to. Who gets into a car with a drunk ass?

I believe there was more to the story.

He didn't have to get his shit together and work to help people. He could have laid around on the Kennedy trust funds and been a lazy ass.

I never said he was perfect. I never said he was innocent. No one is. That doesn't mean I will completely ignore the his other actions.
    Nope, she wasn't autopsied & it was due to her family. Some say that was because she was knocked up by Kennedy and her family wanted to salvage what they could of her reputation. And the windows being knocked out was what made her inability to get out of that car so unbelievable. See, if the windows are open, why not get out? Also, even though Teddy managed to get out of a car with his big ass not really being able to fit out of a window, why were all the doors locked?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Nope, she wasn't autopsied & it was due to her family. Some say that was because she was knocked up by Kennedy and her family wanted to salvage what they could of her reputation. And the windows being knocked out was what made her inability to get out of that car so unbelievable. See, if the windows are open, why not get out? Also, even though Teddy managed to get out of a car with his big ass not really being able to fit out of a window, why were all the doors locked?
    Exactly. One question I have always had was if Kennedy found a way out the car, why didn't she? If he held her under, there would have been physical restraint marks, thus pushing him even further on the guilty side and leading to even more answers being sought. Was he a big guy back then? I don't really know what pre-bloat Ted looked like in a full length view.

Another question, why bar an autopsy that would without a doubt lead to at least a manslaughter charge unless the bigger picture would be, in the eyes of the family, worse? Even if she were knocked up by Ted, giving him a motive, it wouldn't have harmed the family's quest for justice. It would have done just the opposite!

There was also a police officer who said he saw the car, containing a man and a woman, being driven erratically, yet he didn't stop it.

If she had been my daughter, knocked up or not, his ass would be answering every fucking question and I would personally hire someone to do the autopsy, so official ME's wouldn't be able to clean up for the perp.

Well, I'll tell you, had it been my child, I'd want the sonofabitch strung up by his balls.

There are several points that indicate guilt on his part in my eyes:
    The diver, John Farrar, later testified at the inquest that Kopechne's body was pressed up in the car in the spot where an air bubble would have formed. He interpreted this to mean that Kopechne had survived for a while after the initial accident in the air bubble, and concluded that“Had I received a call within five to ten minutes of the accident occurring, and was able, as I was the following morning, to be at the victim's side within twenty-five minutes of receiving the call, in such event there is a strong possibility that she would have been alive on removal from the submerged car.[7]
    John Farrar was a guest on the Howie Carr show on the 25th anniversary of the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. The following link is the actual audio of John Farrar's interview. *The John Farrar Interview

If Kennedy, a large-framed 6 foot 2 inches tall man could manage to get out of the car, why was it impossible for Mary Jo Kopechne, a slender 5 foot 2 inches tall, not do the same?

There were also doubts about the way Kopechne died. Dr. Donald Mills of Edgartown, wrote on the death certificate: "death by drowning". However, Gene Frieh, the undertaker, told reporters that death "was due to suffocation rather than drowning". John Farrar, the diver who removed Kopechne from the car, claimed she was "too buoyant to be full of water". It is assumed that she died from drowning, although her parents filed a petition preventing an autopsy.

Investigators found it difficult to understand why he was crossing Dyke Bridge when he said he was attempting to reach Edgartown which was in the opposite direction.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

The Senator left her alone in that car from 12:30 at night until the car in the canal was found and reported by fisherman at 8:30 the next day.....he didn't even go to the police until after her body had been found by divers.

He himself testified about that night "I almost tossed and turned and walked around that room ... I had not given up hope all night long that, by some miracle, Mary Jo would have escaped from the car."

Gee, he was wishing for a miracle, when a phone call to the police might have saved her. He wasn't a child at the time. He was a grown man of 37- and he had been a US Senator for 10 years at the time.

The state of Mass did not arrest him or charge him with manslaughter due to his family's influence- even though they had probable cause.

There are two systems of justice in America, one for the average citizen and one for the high and mighty. Just like old Teddy pointed out.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

If you want to learn more about Chappaquiddick, try to find a copy of The Last Brother: The Rise and Fall of Teddy Kennedy by Joe McGinniss. It's a well-written, well-researched, and provides a balanced view of who Ted Kennedy really is.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information