Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take your diplomacy & shove it - Fox News takes on Canada

But he did not want to bite on the bate from a low-rent American TV show.

Good to see the champion of lowbrow 'news' is excelling in the proof reading dept.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I didn't even notice lol

This IS a goofball show, but I think the host is one of the most honest and forthright people on FOX news--as well as one of the most libertarian--and he should get credit for that. The "Red Eye" ratings are solely based on entertainment, as it shows after midnight in most areas; it's not a true news show, and the hosts and guests are not expected to be totally up to date on political matters.

I think it's unfortunate timing to have this discussion while Canadian military men are being buried. I am sorry for that.

But it IS the general perception of Americans that Canada is a peace-loving country that's a refuge for draft-dogers, and frankly, Canada could use the help of a PR or advertising firm to change that perception to be more in line with the truth.

*snort* Americans should try opening a book or visiting instead.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I knew my uncle's email address I'd send this video to him. He'd love the bit about the mounties.
    He was a mountie for most of his life (retired a few years ago), and was a personal bodyguard for Trudeau when he was PM, so I'm sure he'd LOVE this video

I'm happy being known as a peace loving Country and friendly. Like Grimm said, open a book and read about us or better yet, visit us!! Try the poutine while up here and have a Tim Hortons.

yeah, i like how it's somehow our fault that other people are ignorant LOL

Yes, US East- and West-coasters readily admit that 90% of Americans are completely ignorant morons. But to our chagrin, these morons are the ones who get the FOX news ratings up, and these morons are the ones who elect the most evil of all mother---kers, GWB, president... so he can start an illegal "war" and bring Canadians and Brits and others into danger.

I wish the Canadians had the nerve to stand up and NOT fight this particular war. That would be more brave and honest and smart than openly admitting that they need to take a year off to fix their military. Because the baseline perception--Canadians love peace--plus this announcement that the Canadian military will not be ready for war for a year is what is completely ridiculous.

I mean, a Canadian military seems kind of an oxymoron in the first place, and saying you need a year off is just driving that point home.

I think it's important to remember that this isn't American opinion, it's FOX. That means it's probably not the opinion of any informed person. In fact American soldiers would probably be among the most offended by these statements. They know what it's like on the ground over there.

As a matter of fact if FOX really wanted to calm things down, then they should interview a some American soldiers serving in Iraq, and ask them their opinions about the Red Eye statements. You might find that they'd be less enthused than anyone.
    Last edited by AgentOrange; March 25th, 2009 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snakebread View Post
    Yes, US East- and West-coasters readily admit that 90% of Americans are completely ignorant morons. But to our chagrin, these morons are the ones who get the FOX news ratings up, and these morons are the ones who elect the most evil of all mother---kers, GWB, president... so he can start an illegal "war" and bring Canadians and Brits and others into danger.
    Actually the afghanistan mission was sanctioned by the UN and NATO.. it's not illegal. Iraq on the other hand...

I wish the Canadians had the nerve to stand up and NOT fight this particular war.
    Me too, but it was a relatively just war. Dismantling the Taleban IS a good thing, or at least would have been if womens rights and more progress had been made.

That would be more brave and honest and smart than openly admitting that they need to take a year off to fix their military.
    Considering they've been there since 2002, it's not unreasonable to take a year off and resupply. WW2 only went 6 years.

Because the baseline perception--Canadians love peace--plus this announcement that the Canadian military will not be ready for war for a year is what is completely ridiculous.
    Canadians will try for peace before going to war. War to Canadians is a last resort.. however once the decision is made Canadians throw themselves right into it. Canadians will not, however, fight what appears to be an unjust war. Even the afghan mission isn't exactly what we would call worthy.. it's right on the line. That's why there's so much internal debate over it up here.

In WW1 and WW2 the Germans feared the Canadian corps more than anyone else, we had a reputation for being fierce fighters, but were also fair in prisoner treatment.

We don't want to fight anybody, we'd rather everybody just grew up and behaved like responsible adults. However, that's not always possible so we'll be around to kick people's asses and then wag our finger at them for some time.

I mean, a Canadian military seems kind of an oxymoron in the first place, and saying you need a year off is just driving that point home.
    Sure, if you're ignorant and don't know any history.

On behalf of Australia, I would like to apologise for the existence of Rupert Murdoch and News Corp.

that's not going to be good enough.

We demand cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    that's not going to be good enough.

We demand cake.

SVZ

that cake is crumbly and does not satisfy me.

kinda looks like someone threw up in the fruit

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information