Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme court to mull partial-birth abortion bans

Default Re: Supreme court to mull partial-birth abortion bans

We're back to fighting, I see.

I'm going to post my Abortion Thread Mantra now.

Pro-lifers, in the strictest sense, are not anti-choice. You won't understand where they're coming from until you understand this:

They believe that babies are being killed. Otherwise, they wouldn't give 2 hoots about what women do with their bodies.

Pro-choice people condemn pro-life people for being intrusive & meddlesome, but if you believe babies are being killed, how can you stand back & say nothing?

If I saw my neighbor raising up his golf putter to bash in his baby's head, I would intervene. Would you think me wrong? Pro-lifers strongly believe that the soon-to-be-aborted fetus is a baby with a golf putter over its head.

Whether or not you agree that the fetus is a baby is another issue.

Pro-lifers condemn pro-choice people for being selfish, unfeeling, irresponsible, evil murderers. But if you sincerely don't believe that you're killing a baby, but removing cells or whatever instead, why is that wrong?

Dammit, I say this over & over. Neither side is evil. I daresay that 99% of everyone on both sides would rather the issue just disappear, and there not be a problem. Sane reasonable people do NOT want to control others bodies, nor do they want to kill babies.

However. You halfway pull out a viable fetus & kill it, then you are a murderer. I don't give a damn about what any ticket-writing cop says.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by equallydivided
    You aren't trying to control what I believe in? Have you been typing in the past half hour, or was it your alter ego? The rest doesn't even deserve a response, as it sounds like it comes from a three-year old.
    No, I'm not trying to control what you believe in. You go right ahead and think abortion is evil, nobody will stop you.

We WILL stop you when you dare to prevent US from doing what we want to our own bodies.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia

Pro-lifers, in the strictest sense, are not anti-choice. You won't understand where they're coming from until you understand this:

They believe that babies are being killed. Otherwise, they wouldn't give 2 hoots about what women do with their bodies.

Pro-choice people condemn pro-life people for being intrusive & meddlesome, but if you believe babies are being killed, how can you stand back & say nothing?

If I saw my neighbor raising up his golf putter to bash in his baby's head, I would intervene. Would you think me wrong? Pro-lifers strongly believe that the soon-to-be-aborted fetus is a baby with a golf putter over its head.

Pro-lifers condemn pro-choice people for being selfish, unfeeling, irresponsible, evil murderers. But if you sincerely don't believe that you're killing a baby, but removing cells or whatever instead, why is that wrong?

Dammit, I say this over & over. Neither side is evil. I daresay that 99% of everyone on both sides would rather the issue just disappear, and there not be a problem. Sane reasonable people do NOT want to control others bodies, nor do they want to kill babies.

However. You halfway pull out a viable fetus & kill it, then you are a murderer. I don't give a damn about what any ticket-writing cop says.
    Dammit, you said that so well.

If being Canadian were a factor in this argument, why are you commenting on a U.S. Supreme court decision? Because you like us, admit it.
    Because I can, and because I want to?

.. oh you didn't just trot out the "you're just jealous!" troll argument, did you?

God, that's so fucking played out...

Again, think it all you want. Try to prevent anybody from being in charge of their own bodies and you become a fascist.

That's the problem with choice: SOMETIMES THE CHOICES ARE NOT PLEASANT, but i'd rather have an unpleasant choice than none at all.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Because I can, and because I want to?

.. oh you didn't just trot out the "you're just jealous!" troll argument, did you?

God, that's so fucking played out...
    There was NOTHING in that statement that even hints at 'you're just jealous' enough with the drama. Played out? WTF, when did I ever say that? I think YOU just played out trying AGAIN to 'spin' a debate. NICE

I'm sorry, perhaps I misunderstood this sentence:

Because you like us, admit it.
    I'm perfectly open to being wrong, so kindly explain where I erred?

I'm out of here. I'd rather debate with my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    I'm sorry, perhaps I misunderstood this sentence:

I'm perfectly open to being wrong, so kindly explain where I erred?
    I was trying to be cute and end a debate with something like "still friends". I guess you don't do cute. What the fuck ever. I do 'cute' so well in person.

I'm out of here. I'd rather debate with my dog.
    At least you'll be on a level playing field.

p.s. I don't do "cute".

Adorable yes, not cute. Cute what you call an ugly person to avoid shattering their last remaining shred of self worth

I am entitled to have the morals that I have.
    Yes, dear, they work FOR YOU and not for everyone else. And that is fine. Just don't impose YOUR morality on everyone else. That is all the 5 of us gang-bangers are trying to drill into what seems to be that thick skull of yours.

*ahem*

Did you two read my mantra?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    Yes, dear, they work FOR YOU and not for everyone else. And that is fine. Just don't impose YOUR morality on everyone else. That is all the 5 of us gang-bangers are trying to drill into what seems to be that thick skull of yours.
    Fuck you too babe I'll see you tomorrow. I'm sure we'll find something to rag errrrrr talk about.

That is by far the best post on this thread. It's exactly where I'm coming from.

If you would go back and actually READ the whole thing, you could probably 'get it' without my help. But if you need me to, I'll hold your hand and show you.

And just maybe when some of you actually grow up to be more concerned about society and our future, instead of yourselves, you'll understand.
    Not only can I read, but I am capable of comprehending what I read. So, again, I say:
    what the fuck makes it ok for you to tell ME what to do with MINE? Hypocrisy much?

.... we should totally impose our morality on her now.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    That is by far the best post on this thread. It's exactly where I'm coming from.
    That review is biased!

Ebert will eat your babies!

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information