Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Supreme court to mull partial-birth abortion bans

Default Re: Supreme court to mull partial-birth abortion bans

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    How do you know that you haven't been given a gift that will bring joy and overwhelming gratitude and that you've been chosen to bring that particular human being to this world who may may have a specific calling that may serve mankind. One person alone can change the course of the world.
    And how do you know that you aren't carrying the anti-christ or the next Hitler?

You are fighting to legislate morality ... your faith is clouding your intellect. Phrases like "you have been chosen" and "may have a specific calling" are useful in church when there is faith in a higher power. But that faith does not exist in all Americans and to base legislation on that faith is unconstitutional and wrong.

One person can change the course of the world, for either good or bad. It's not a valid argument.

Edited to add: Planned Parenthood may indeed have some sort of elaborate plot to systematically de-humanize babies and revere abortions - I don't know and face it, you don't know either.

The Planned Parenthood Pimps are nothing but a front to their drive-thru carve services.
    Again, what are you basing that on.. your own opinion? It's a story you have in your head because it fits what you want to think about them.

They are lobby professionals who fight night and day to form a society that reveres abortion over adoption
    Again, what's your basis for this? Got anything to prove it? No, of course you don't.

to any logical person who fights the idea that abortion is wrong they are labeled religious freaks or crazy people
    I like how you back handedly say that anybody who thinks abortion is ONE of the solutions available is batshit crazy.. because only pro-lifer's are the sane ones.

killing an unborn human being has consequences and you must realize that harming your body and soul willingly is going to impact your life!
    LET PEOPLE WORRY ABOUT THEIR OWN BODIES AND SOULS, it's not your concern. It's their body, their soul.. NOT YOURS. What they do is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. If it impacts THEIR life, THEY are the ones who have to live with it.

NOT YOU.

How do you know that you haven't been given a gift that will bring joy and overwhelming gratitude
    They don't. That's the double edged sword of CHOICE. It's something you're too scared to have, but other people arent.

that you've been chosen to bring that particular human being to this world who may may have a specific calling that may serve mankind.
    Let me guess: the new messiah?

One person alone can change the course of the world.
    So can a bunch of fucked up fascist religious nutcases who want to control people's bodies under the misguided impression that they have a divine calling that gives them the right.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Let's make this thread 84 pages long, folks!

I have a right to my opinion- i don't consider it "loony".

And I have a right to consider your opinion loony. Cuz it is.

in your opinion.

Anybody who thinks they have over-arching morality to impose on other people is batshit.

If it doesn't concern you personally, what business is it of yours what people do with their bodies?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I could care nickel one about the woman by the time she's got feet up in stirrups- it's the baby I care about that doesn't have a say.

I could care nickel one about the woman by the time she's got feet up in stirrups- it's the baby I care about that doesn't have a say.
    That's why I'm better than you and Jesus loves me more: I care about them both. Equally.

i don't believe that for a minute. you have no compassion for the baby otherwise you would have a problem knowing how their young form is being sucked out and sold for profit. I doubt Jesus would be down with that.

i don't believe that for a minute. you have no compassion for the baby otherwise you would have a problem knowing how their young form is being sucked out and sold for profit. I doubt Jesus would be down with that.
    This is the shit that pisses me off! Come on! Your reading comprehension skills have to be better than that. NO ONE has ever said they don't have a problem with abortion. You are confused and not thinking clearly.

Screw you if you believe that. Because you know what? Abortion sucks. Literally and figuratively. There is no single hippy-dippy, yippy-skippy resolution that will make everyone happy. It's a fact. How you see that as a lack of compassion is beyond me.

And you know what else? All jokes aside, you are no more or less compassionate than I am, DP. I won't go into it because I don't feel like it (and you don't deserve it), but let's just say that you pick and choose what/who you care about, while I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    If it doesn't concern you personally, what business is it of yours what people do with their bodies?
    Against my better judgment, I'm diving back into this quagmire, but I have work to avoid so here goes.

Grimm, the basic concept of your statement (quoted) is repeated ad nauseum by lots of people, but I find it an absurd thing to say.

We all have opinions (i.e., make it our business) about all sorts of things that don't directly affect us personally, and have nothing to do with our own personal bodies.

This whole board is based on celebrity gossip, which has little or nothing to do with any of us personally, but it doesn't stop us from squawking about it. They're not our bodies, they're celebrity bodies, but boy do we have opinions about them!

I repeat a version of my earlier analogy. The little old lady in a neighboring town gets beaten & robbed. It's HER body, & it's the ROBBER'S body, & has nothing to do with MY body or MY life, but I still think it's very very wrong.

The examples are countless.

Your extremely overgeneralized comment could easily be construed to mean that people should only be concerned with themselves, and not bother themselves with the overall good of mankind or society.

Now don't trot out a bunch of IFS or SHOULDS or BUTS about ABORTION or LEGISLATION or whatever.

I am talking about your quoted STATEMENT on its OWN. It simply doesn't help your case regarding abortion.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Personal control over your own body is about the only thing people have that is theirs alone.

What you do with your body, be it get your ears pierced, dye your skin purple or chop your leg off cuz you think stumps are hot is not my business.

Would I have any right to keep you from doing any of those things because I didn't personally agree with it? No. That would be ridiculous.

I repeat a version of my earlier analogy. The little old lady in a neighboring town gets beaten & robbed. It's HER body, & it's the ROBBER'S body, & has nothing to do with MY body or MY life, but I still think it's very very wrong.
    First off, that analogy is wrong. If the old lady were beating and robbing herself, that would be more accurate. She would be choosing to do the act, upon herself. If she wants to beat or rob herself, boy howdy, let her. Its her body, her choice and if she gets off on that then by all means let her.

Your analogy has an outside force removing the old lady's choice of going about her day peacefully.

There IS no robber in the scenario of CONTROLLING YOUR OWN BODY, without outside interference.

^^ That's so absurd it makes me giggle. Call me an evil brute, but I'd pay to see an old lady both beat and rob herself. How would she do it??? What a feat!

Thread Information