Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Supreme court to mull partial-birth abortion bans

Default Re: Supreme court to mull partial-birth abortion bans

^Then I'll take silly for $200, Alex. I cringe over organizations that disguise themselves as a moral authority over the right to life.

I cringe over people who think they have moral authority over everybody else.

^exactly! People who think they have a moral authority to profit $$$ off of a woman's pregnant body.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    Just when I thought we had an american hero, I learned today that Warren Buffet has sent the anti-abortion movement back to the stone ages. He is a large supporter of the organized abortion crime racket, specifically, Planned Parenthood and will have a large portion of his fortune going to organizations like that. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060629/...aires_abortion
    I like Warren Buffett more and more everyday! I think I will ask SVZ if I can change my user name to "#1 Warren Buffett Fan"!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    By that definition, any fetus is developing. Denying it the right to live because it's still developing is bullshit.

Nobody with any common sense and honesty could deny that an 8 month fetus who is born prematurely is a baby. You cannot deny that. The ONLY variable in this situation is that the same fetus is killed before it can be completely removed.

It's a nasty little loophole, so as to avoid having to call it a baby. That would be inconvenient, since everybody frowns on killing "babies" (well, most everybody.) But since it's not completely out, you can technically call it something else, so therefore it's ok to kill it. Call it what you want. Call it basket, a brick, or a microwave, it's STILL a viable human being.

If anybody says differently, then it's because they want to preserve their current legal right to be a selfish piece of shit. With any luck at all, my view WILL be forced on people because I am very much not alone on this, and I'll sleep quite well at night when it happens.
    D&X abortions account for something like 2% (or less) of all abortions. The stereotype of 'sluttish woman gets knocked up and can't be bothered to do anything about it earlier cause she's lazy and selfish' needs to be put WELL to bed. We're not talking about killing healthy babies at eight months gestation just because the woman finds pregnancy to be inconvenient.

Number of points:
    1. D&X abortions are performed only for health reasons, usually on DEAD or DYING fetii. In the case of hydroencephalitis the brain can swell to a width of twenty inches. There is not way of getting a fetus such as that out of a woman without causing massive damage. It will not pass through the birth canal, and a c-section is major abdominal surgery that is far more dangerous to a woman than the D&X. The skull NEEDS to be drained and collapsed.

2. Going back to the law - Arguing over whether or not it should be murder (because it isn't classed as murder under current law, the law being the only institution that catergorises human behaviour and its effects) is pointless. People will still be pro choice or pro life regardless of what abortions is called.

3. Shrimp V McFall (if you're from the US) - the right to bodily integrity outweighs the right to life, regardless of situation or consequence. A woman is no more obligated to provide a womb than she is to provide blood or bone marrow, regardless of whether or not that upsets someone else's moral code. (I'm repeating myself from an earlier post, i do realise).

4. I have no problem calling it a 'baby'. I'll even call it 'bean' if you want. Words and their use really have no bearing on the issue.

^exactly! People who think they have a moral authority to profit $$$ off of a woman's pregnant body.
    They are providing a medical service. They charge for that here. Abortions, especially early terminations, are very reasonably priced. Have you been to a dentist lately?

I was talking about YOU. You think you have the moral authority to decide what a woman may and may not do with her body. YOU are the evil one here.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness
    I was talking about YOU. You think you have the moral authority to decide what a woman may and may not do with her body. YOU are the evil one here.
    Evillllllllllll!!! EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeviiilllL!!!!

2 years...

^To the 3 posters above me: You can rot straight to the horned one!

... I think she's hitting on you
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Just when I thought we had an american hero, I learned today that Warren Buffet has sent the anti-abortion movement back to the stone ages.
    But... but... the anti-abortion movement is in the Stone Ages.

Are you drunk??

What surprises me is you complain about too many liberals being on here..but yet you have the nerve to upset that people disagree..and that we must all be anti life terrorist lovers..too me that is just insane especially since no one on here has said anything like that despite your views...
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

^I meant what I said about profiting off of a woman's body. The Planned Parenthood Pimps are nothing but a front to their drive-thru carve services. They are lobby professionals who fight night and day to form a society that reveres abortion over adoption and to any logical person who fights the idea that abortion is wrong they are labeled religious freaks or crazy people but killing an unborn human being has consequences and you must realize that harming your body and soul willingly is going to impact your life! How do you know that you haven't been given a gift that will bring joy and overwhelming gratitude and that you've been chosen to bring that particular human being to this world who may may have a specific calling that may serve mankind. One person alone can change the course of the world.

*backs out of thread, terrified of DP's loony ravings about Planned Parenthood*

Thread Information