Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Study: False statements preceded Iraq war

^
    Agreed, Bush and his ilk knew what they were doing to get us into this illegal war. They lied and used fear to make people want to go to war and see blood. Sadly now those same people know that the war was wrong in the first place and it's too late now to take back that anger and want for war. People never learn from history.

^^The worst part is the one person who probably had the power to stop the war from happening was Colin Powell. He had the respect of Congress, the public, and the U.N. And had he called Bush out on his lies from the start, then Congress probably wouldn't have voted for the war, and a good chunk of the American public wouldn't have been fooled.

But Powell went right along with it, and then comes out and says he knew it was b.s. AFTER the fact. So, as far as I'm concerned, he, along with the media, have just as much American and Iraqi blood on their hands as Bush does.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ thats true; colin powell has a major roll in this monumental fuck up. i wonder how he sleeps at nite knowing so many of his fellow soldiers have died in this war.

^^If Colin Powell has any kind of conscience he's not sleeping well at all. I would expect Bush not to care about the troops, since he's a draft dodger. But Powell is a career military man, and I wouldn't have expected him to just casually send men and women into a war zone based on a lie.

By the way, love the picture. The SHEEP are definitely Fox News' base. LOL.

I hate Fox News.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ^^If Colin Powell has any kind of conscience he's not sleeping well at all. I would expect Bush not to care about the troops, since he's a draft dodger. But Powell is a career military man, and I wouldn't have expected him to just casually send men and women into a war zone based on a lie.

By the way, love the picture. The SHEEP are definitely Fox News' base. LOL.

I agree, I hope Colin Powell is losing a lot of sleep. My heart aches for the young men and women who have died in this sham of a war, and for those who have been permanently disabled, physically or otherwise, by their experiences in Iraq. We need to have enough respect for the men and women who volunteer to risk their lives so the rest of us don't have to. My fiance' is a former Marine and we both support the troops wholeheartedly, but both of us are vehemently anti-Iraq War. It's a crock. It started off as a crock and it will always be a crock. Generations from now, Americans will still be apologizing for this ass-clown that only some of us voted for. Bush is an embarrassment to this country.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I agree, I hope Colin Powell is losing a lot of sleep. My heart aches for the young men and women who have died in this sham of a war, and for those who have been permanently disabled, physically or otherwise, by their experiences in Iraq. We need to have enough respect for the men and women who volunteer to risk their lives so the rest of us don't have to. My fiance' is a former Marine and we both support the troops wholeheartedly, but both of us are vehemently anti-Iraq War. It's a crock. It started off as a crock and it will always be a crock. Generations from now, Americans will still be apologizing for this ass-clown that only some of us voted for. Bush is an embarrassment to this country.
    Agree with everything you wrote, especially the part in bold.

And one of my cousins is over in Iraq on his SECOND tour of duty in this stupid war. The first time, he came back in one piece, so my family was happy about that. And then he gets shipped out again, so we're hoping he stays safe this time around, too.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Agree with everything you wrote, especially the part in bold.

And one of my cousins is over in Iraq on his SECOND tour of duty in this stupid war. The first time, he came back in one piece, so my family was happy about that. And then he gets shipped out again, so we're hoping he stays safe this time around, too.
    He's in our thoughts; I hope he stays safe.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    He's in our thoughts; I hope he stays safe.
    Appreciate that. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information