Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Stephen King: Tax Me, for F**k’s Sake!

Jebus, Norwegian taxes are insane. Even nonresident tax is higher than we pay in the U.S., probably because they have what is called a wealth tax (I think that's the right translation) which I guess is almost the equivalent of capital gains here. Even with the language barrier for me, the Norwegian tax system is much more comprehensive than the U.S. system. But even so, if we ever go to Norway I and my children are entitled to free healthcare because we do pay taxes there.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't think we have ever gotten money back on taxes. We pay in our fair share and then some, for the CPA. One year we got audited and the IRS found more money we owed! I swear, it might be a good idea to send the IRS our checks & then they could mail back what they don't need.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My salary is around $34,000. I bring home around $24,000 and I get about $1,000 back.
    OrangeSlice likes this.

^ Does texas have state income taxes?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    My salary is around $34,000. I bring home around $24,000 and I get about $1,000 back.
    Something is seriously off here SB. The tax liability on 34k is not anywhere near 10k, even with SS and state taxes. I do payroll and know that my employees around the 60k bracket are not paying that much. Does this include 401k contributions or something else.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Something is seriously off here SB. The tax liability on 34k is not anywhere near 10k, even with SS and state taxes. I do payroll and know that my employees around the 60k bracket are not paying that much. Does this include 401k contributions or something else.
    As far as I know this does not include anything else. $34,000 is my salary at work (in fact it's probably actually a little less than that). Each one of my paychecks (2 per month) is just over $1,000. And my refund this year was $1,070.
    OrangeSlice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ Does texas have state income taxes?
    No state taxes in Texas, thank heavens! We get to deduct a little each year for sales tax here.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Southernbelle- At 34K and single you're in the Federal 15% bracket. Something is off. You need to check with your payroll.
    shedevilang likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Then you need to take close look at your paystubs because someone is taking your money. I just calculated and found on 34 k your fed liability is about 2,632.50, ss is about 1,920. Texas has no state income tax but you may have local and muni taxes. Still, after fed and ss your income is $29,447.50. Better find out who is taking the rest...

note - I calculated using the status of single and 1 deduction since you are not yet married and don't own a home.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thanks for the heads up. I will check with them.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I will check with them.
    This could be like winning the lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Southernbelle- At 34K and single you're in the Federal 15% bracket. Something is off. You need to check with your payroll.
    I didn't see Southernbelle mention health insurance deductions. That is usually a pre-tax amount that is taken out before you get your check, and it's a big bite - and getting bigger. Especially, if your employer doesn't kick in a lot.

I had to reduce my benefits plan to a high-deductible plan because it would have cost me almost $200/month had I stuck with the co-pay plan. My take-home pay is approximately $2400 monthly after taxes and deductions. Even though I'm not a teacher, I get deducted for the Teacher's Retirement System in my state because I work at a college. My rent has skyrocketed in the last two years, I have more bills to pay, and I haven't received a raise since I started my position 3 years ago. I try my best to live within my means, but I'm still barely holding my head above water sometimes.

Did you know the IRS has a section in their manual on how to still collect taxes after a nuclear disaster/holocaust? Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I had to reduce my benefits plan to a high-deductible plan because it would have cost me almost $200/month had I stuck with the co-pay plan. My take-home pay is approximately $2400 monthly after taxes and deductions. Even though I'm not a teacher, I get deducted for the Teacher's Retirement System in my state because I work at a college. My rent has skyrocketed in the last two years, I have more bills to pay, and I haven't received a raise since I started my position 3 years ago. I try my best to live within my means, but I'm still barely holding my head above water sometimes.

Did you know the IRS has a section in their manual on how to still collect taxes after a nuclear disaster/holocaust? Bastards.
    Who are they going to collect taxes from, the cockroaches? They are the only thing that will survive a nuclear holocaust.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you would get deducted for the Teacher's Retirement System unless you will one day be entitled to the benefits under the system. Otherwise, I think they are flat-out stealing from you to make up a budget gap. If you are eligible, you should make sure you know when you are partially and/or fully vested in the system, so that you can collect what is due to you one day.

Might have to show my husband this thread.....he's a CPA and knows his shit. He'll kick the shit outta all you ho's.

Nah, on second thought, he'll then know where I spend all my 'free' time during the day...and night. Can't be having that! Never mind!
    sluce likes this.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information