Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 149
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: States petition to secede from union

  1. #121
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,678

    Default

    Gun store owner says sales like "Christmas" with Obama re-election

    gee, you'd think the reporter would have bothered to research and note that the week before and at the start of hunting season is always the busiest time of year for gun dealers everywhere in the country.

    but why do that when you can stir shit, 'ooh noes people are arming themselves for the revolution'.
    sluce and shedevilang like this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  2. #122
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    Those militias are getting armed watch out!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  3. #123
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Oh for Pete's sake! They all need to get over it.

    I ike my sisters take on New Orleans: she said the smell of urine is everywhere because so of many people peeing in their pants at once due to the Obama win.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  4. #124
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    There are tea baggers in every state who are butt hurt that the rich white man did not win. There is also a petition to force Macy's to remove Donald Trump from their stores it has more than 500,000 signatures as of yesterday.
    Right.. The rich half white guy won instead.

    Agreed about The Donald. His hair is bad enough, but he's
    an obnoxious knob too!
    Gossiplover likes this.



  5. #125
    Super Moderator Tati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Your Pocket
    Posts
    18,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I have insurance through my employer and I don't get to choose who my provider is and the provider makes me pick through people they pick to go to for service. I had to switch eye doctor this year because they don't like the insurance we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    What we really need is a single payer system - "Medicare for All". Get rid of the insurance companies - why do we need them again? Everyone pays, through taxes, directly to the government and this is how it's paid for. And for people saying they don't want the govenrment making decisions on their healthcare - 1. they already do once you start collecting Medicare and 2. the insurance companies are already doing this now. How many of us had procedures or drugs prescribed for us by doctors only to be denied by our insurance companies as not necessary? Pretty much all of us have experienced this...
    It's frustrating that these facets of the US system get conflated with true universal healthcare offerings. I have universal healthcare, and I have complete choice over every physician I see and what care I receive. I chose my family doctor, I chose my Ob-Gyn (and even switched to a new one with my second pregnancy just seven months later), I chose my optometrist, my dentist, etc., and I can switch if I'm unhappy with them and can request to see a specialist. I can go to any hospital or clinic in any city in any province in the country (and have done so while traveling and after moving), they just swipe my health card and that's that. Some services are private, and I can get private insurance almost effortlessly though an employer, my school, or a self-funded plan at a very reasonable rate to cover those or I can pay a fairly reasonable rate for those services out of pocket. I have actually been opting out of private insurance for years because, at - wait for it - forty bucks a month - it wouldn't have been worth it to cover anything I would need to pay for out of pocket.

    I think the problem arises when governments half-ass policies like this. Maybe healthcare reform shouldn't be achieved in tiny, incremental and needlessly complicated shifts. Just fucking get that shit sorted. Your system frustrates the hell out of me (on your behalf), and it frustrates me even more that the problems with any changes that do come about seem to be blamed on their "socialist" natures. The problem, imo, isn't with how the policies are socialist, it's with how they're obtuse, restrictive, tied so closely to a profit-driven system, and generally fucked up. If it were actually "socialist" it would likely work a lot better, and I will never understand why that seems to be completely out of the question for so many. I hate that so many people in the US have to worry so much about this; I hate that it's a huge burden and stressor and determinant of other, more important, life decisions like what job to take. I want to just give you some of my healthcare.
    laynes, sputnik, sluce and 8 others like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

    - Kahlil Gibran

  6. #126
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    Well said Tati. Too much attention gets paid to things like the bank bail outs while everyone ignores how we are being raped by the insurance industry and healthcare system on a daily basis.
    Mel1973, dexter7 and shedevilang like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  7. #127
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    It's frustrating that these facets of the US system get conflated with true universal healthcare offerings. I have universal healthcare, and I have complete choice over every physician I see and what care I receive. I chose my family doctor, I chose my Ob-Gyn (and even switched to a new one with my second pregnancy just seven months later), I chose my optometrist, my dentist, etc., and I can switch if I'm unhappy with them and can request to see a specialist. I can go to any hospital or clinic in any city in any province in the country (and have done so while traveling and after moving), they just swipe my health card and that's that. Some services are private, and I can get private insurance almost effortlessly though an employer, my school, or a self-funded plan at a very reasonable rate to cover those or I can pay a fairly reasonable rate for those services out of pocket. I have actually been opting out of private insurance for years because, at - wait for it - forty bucks a month - it wouldn't have been worth it to cover anything I would need to pay for out of pocket.

    I think the problem arises when governments half-ass policies like this. Maybe healthcare reform shouldn't be achieved in tiny, incremental and needlessly complicated shifts. Just fucking get that shit sorted. Your system frustrates the hell out of me (on your behalf), and it frustrates me even more that the problems with any changes that do come about seem to be blamed on their "socialist" natures. The problem, imo, isn't with how the policies are socialist, it's with how they're obtuse, restrictive, tied so closely to a profit-driven system, and generally fucked up. If it were actually "socialist" it would likely work a lot better, and I will never understand why that seems to be completely out of the question for so many. I hate that so many people in the US have to worry so much about this; I hate that it's a huge burden and stressor and determinant of other, more important, life decisions like what job to take. I want to just give you some of my healthcare.
    Shit, in looking at what I paid last year and how much I used it... it's frustrating. The healthcare industry (including the insurance companies) are really putting the screws to us. It's sad because people NEED it... I hope to see some kind of overhaul of these insurance companies. My friend with the "quads" was telling me that she was taking her kids to the doctor and the receptionist was talking to someone who did NOT have insurance and told that person that they would need to pay $20.00 for the office visit and then when my friend WITH insurance got up there, hers was $30.00 and then later be billed for anything insurance didn't cover. And since she works for the same company I do, I'm guessing her monthly insurance cost is similar to mine - $311.51 per month. I mean, that's a whole lotta money to pay in a year, you know? And to then see yourself penalized and charged more because you have a job & insurance? WTF IS THAT?
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Well said Tati. Too much attention gets paid to things like the bank bail outs while everyone ignores how we are being raped by the insurance industry and healthcare system on a daily basis.
    I agree. I'd like to see some changes (and would REALLY like to see some criminal charges) in the insurance industry.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  8. #128
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    I got so frustrated when my former eye doctor said they wouldn't take my insurance. Well why the fuck not? If I have insurance you should have to take it but the doctors and insurance compies and drug companies are all in some circle jerk to keep fucking us over and making themselves rich.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  9. #129
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    Mel - I would love to pay $311.51 per month!!! I pay well over 700 per month and my insurance is crap - no dental, vision or presscription coverage. Obamacare says they can't deny me for a pre-existing condition, but they can still rape me with me higher fees.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  10. #130
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    For the last couple of years my husband has been unemployed and I have had to purchase my own insurance for myself and the family. I paid $1450-1500 a month for a plan with a limited network of doctors. Due to some snafu (their fault not mine) there was an issue with some referrals and we are now also responsible for >$8000 in medical bills. My appeals were denied and I filed a complaint with the attorney general, but so far, no joy. And this is with Romneycare.

    My freelance work was a real job in every sense. I worked 50-60 hrs per week, brought in good money, paid taxes up the butt. But because of the issues with benefits, I took a regular job a couple of months ago. My income has gone way down but I have benefits.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

  11. #131
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I got so frustrated when my former eye doctor said they wouldn't take my insurance. Well why the fuck not? If I have insurance you should have to take it but the doctors and insurance compies and drug companies are all in some circle jerk to keep fucking us over and making themselves rich.
    I'm not so sure that any healthcare provider should "have to take it." That particular insurance company might not pay enough to make it worth it. They might be super difficult to work with, like denying claims all over the place or requiring ridiculous paperwork that takes way too much time. Some providers just say fuck it, I'm just not going to accept this particular insurance but it's not a conspiracy to fuck anybody over. It's just being fed up with having to jump through hoop after hoop trying to get paid for a service. Which is all the more reason why our current "system" (lol) is a mess. I don't have any answers. I feel like this kind of thing is a little over my head but it's probably because I have a mental block about it. Hate the subject.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  12. #132
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    We will just have to disagree about that one Lobes. I just feel like I'm paying out the ass for my insurance and just because it isn't BlueCross doesn't mean it isn't good. It seems to pay good everywhere else I go that accepts it. It feels like to me that they pick and choose what they want to take by who is giving them some kind of kick back.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  13. #133
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,800

    Default

    I've been a healthcare provider for 20 years. Some insurance companies just don't gel with some providers for a myriad of reasons, so whether or not the insurance is "good" is subjective, especially for smaller offices who don't have the manpower to deal with certain insurance companies. I've heard of doctors & dentist & therapists who reach a level of frustration with a company and break ties, or even with the entire deal and refuse to take ANY insurance anymore. To be able to bill Blue Cross, I have to fill out a packet of paperwork that's seriously an inch thick. I very recently fought with them for months because they DEMANDED to know wtf I was doing for the 9 months of my life back in the EARLY 90'S between my graduation and my licensure. I wasn't working in a professional capacity and kept telling them as nicely as I could that it was none of their goddamned business what I was doing or where I was and to kindly go fuck themselves. I added "DID NOT WORK" to my resume for that time period but nooooooooo, they wanted more. I swear to God, I was as mad as I've ever been in a work situation and every time I saw an email about it, my blood pressure shot up. I work for a large agency so it wasn't my call to just tell BC to forget the whole thing, but I swear I would have done it if I could. Whew, pisses me off just typing that!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  14. #134
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    I will hate them for you as well as it pisses me right off that they have a stranglehold on the insurance business here in the south!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  15. #135
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,800

    Default

    Thank you! They all seem to be assholes and bullies but the bigger the company, the more they get their way.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Maryland trying to secede from the South
    By buttmunch in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2010, 11:52 PM
  2. Texas threatening to secede from the nation
    By buttmunch in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: April 21st, 2009, 07:17 PM
  3. Georgia Senate now threatens to secede
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: April 20th, 2009, 06:15 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
  5. Did Sarah Palin once wish to secede from the Union?
    By mintjelly in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •