Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: States petition to secede from union

sluce, BITTER, Beeyotch and 1 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    People keep saying that they don't want to pay for those who can't afford insurance but you already are. If someone needs healthcare they go to the ER, which costs more than going to the doctor. They have normally waited until their illness is advanced. The hospital must treat them. They can't pay the bill. If they qualify, the social worker at the hospital gets them on medicare/medicade. Who pays for that? YOU DO through your taxes. If they don't qualify, the hospital can try to collect the unpaid bill but will most likely end up not getting paid. They then pass that loss on to us. They raise rates so the insurance company raises our rates.

At least if everyone is required to have coverage, even if it is free or subsidized, the healthcare providers will know they are getting paid and won't spend so much time on the paperwork trying to get people on medicare/cade or collecting their money.
    So I have to pay taxes to cover them and now I have to pay more in insurance to cover them as well? That is still completely unjustifiable.
    southernbelle likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

No. Your taxes will be used to pay their share of the premiums for their policy up front instead of as it is now. It all balances in the end. I personally have used more insurance than I have paid in. My breast cancer treatment was high. You have had some injuries with your kids so if you add up all their bills, it is probably more than you have paid in premiums, or at least close. That means people who pay in, but have had no needs yet, are paying for us.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

And someday when I don't have dependants and they do, I will be paying for them, just like I did before I had kids. That still doesn't explain why my deductible went up 2.5 times this year. The only explanation is Obamacare, so I will be paying a lot more for healthcare with zero reduction in taxes. Still without justification for why my famiky's bottom line has to suffer for everyone else. I'd probably be better off dropping coverage and just paying out of pocket as we go, but oh yeah, can't do that without getting fucked on taxes some more.
    Mel1973 and southernbelle like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Is your policy through your employer? Did they change plans or reduce the amount they contribute?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yes. Our premiums went so high they had to buy a "cheaper" plan ths year. So I'm paying more and getting way less. I always thought obamacare was a bad idea once they took single-payer off the table, but now I'm fucking pissed as shit. This isn't contributing a little more for the greater good, this is contributing a lot more and getting less for my own family.
    southernbelle likes this.

I agree with Greys. That same thing has happened to me at work. So much so that I've had to lower our coverage - our insurance IS more expensive this year. Now, since I cover me and my son (medical/dental/vision/life) and we don't really get sick that often, I did lower my coverage and can only hope that I don't regret it. The major driving force in that was that my insurance went up so much. I like to be able to keep my son covered as much as I can and I don't like lowering that, but in this economy, I need to try to hold onto to some of that money.

Louis, I don't judge people who use the system - I do judge people who abuse the system. Hell, I grew up in a family of 8 that literally (yes, I'm using it correctly) lived in an old converted school bus for several years. We went for periods of time (sometimes exceeding a year or two) without even having electricity or running water. We weren't just poor - we were BUSTED. I remember my mom delivering my baby brother at a charity hospital in Baton Rouge. Back then, I don't recall us getting anything but food stamps. We had zero medical coverage and when my oldest brother was 13, he had some colo-rectal issues and had to have part of his colon removed and replaced, was in the charity hospital for months. My family was one of the families that needed medical treatment and didn't have insurance. I can't tell you how many times me or my brothers needed stitches. I understand what it means to be a family in need and not have the means to handle it without help.

Anyhoo, on the topic of "seceding", yes Texas does this every couple years. I'm guessing it ain't gonna happen but I don't think it's simply about the race of our president. Obamacare has already created a negative impact on people. I hope it does help all of us - but right now, personally I'm only feeling it in a negative way. Hell, if it clears everyone out of the ER here in Texas, that would be stupendous.
    ETA - in googling (and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong) I find an estimate of $1.3 billion dollars cost to Texas just on hospital care for illegal immigrants in 2006. On the flip side, illegal immigrants contributed something like $500 million to the budget/economy. I'd like to see something on what's going to happen with that. How are we going to fine these undocumented immigrants. Here in Texas, that IS a concern.
    Last edited by Mel1973; November 14th, 2012 at 05:32 AM.
    greysfang, dexter7, sluce and 1 others like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    We wunt tu becum owr oun cuntree.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    While I'm glad that you have this option - most people do not. What should happen to everyone else? I know from personal experience - all it takes is one unexpected illness and you are wiped out. And this is from someone (myself) who had good insurance.
    Like Sluce kindly pointed out I already pay for the safety net of others, and do so without qualms. I do believe health care is a right, not a privilege and I'm happy the system will expand to cover more people. However, I do not agree with a single payer system for all.

Can I ask why singlepeyer is problematic for you?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I heard this morning that all 50 states now have petitions to ssecede into the WH.
    I believe only TX has the 25k signatures. Wow.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Can I ask why singlepeyer is problematic for you?
    Simply because most single payer systems still use private entities to deliver health care- imo the cost would be more than revamping and making Medicaid/Medicare more efficient.

There are tea baggers in every state who are butt hurt that the rich white man did not win. There is also a petition to force Macy's to remove Donald Trump from their stores it has more than 500,000 signatures as of yesterday.

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Gun store owner says sales like "Christmas" with Obama re-election

Guns have been flying off the shelves since Barack Obama was reelected President.
    "We sold 26 firearms in a period of 12 hours, 40,000 rounds of ammunition, there's no telling how many magazines, just phenomenal," said Guns & Ammo owner Stephen Bayazes.
    Compare those numbers to their average sale of two or three guns a day which amounts to about $1,000 a day.
    "When you talk about doing $25,000 in one day; it's Christmas, thank you Mr. Obama," said Bayazes.
    Bayazes had his sales worth $25,000 on Wednesday, the day after the big election.
    Now, he says sales are starting to look like they were before the election.
    "Everything is back to normal, two to three firearms a day; sell ammunition just run of the mill," Bayazes said.
    But at their gun store they still have empty shelves that they can't restock just yet.
    "Out of 27,000 gun dealers across the United States they all went into massive horde buying because they're afraid of our beloved President fixing to put bans of firearms," Bayazes, said.
    Across the river in Georgia they've also seen gun sales spike.
    Eddie Walden the owner of Waldens explained which guns they've seen people buying, "Handguns, what the media likes to call assault weapons, like the AR-15, military style weapons and different types of shotguns."
    As gun after gun leaves the store Walden says they've seen about 25% more business since the election.
    "It's always good to sell a lot of stuff and sell guns and teach people about guns but I'd rather it be for a different reason but obviously we'll take the sales," Walden, said.
    In his last term, the President didn't clamp down on guns. Even so, people are preparing for tighter gun control laws, just in case.
    Gun store owner says sales like "Christmas" with Obama re-electi - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    There are tea baggers in every state who are butt hurt that the rich white man did not win. There is also a petition to force Macy's to remove Donald Trump from their stores it has more than 500,000 signatures as of yesterday.
    Including mine. The guy has become a national joke - is this what Macy's is trying to portray for their stores? Ugh.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information