Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: States petition to secede from union

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Sorry, I can't edit.

I agree that forcing people to buy something and fining them when they choose not to buy it is completely unconstitutional.
    Do you have the car insurance laws where you are? They are no different than the health insurance law. You either have insurance or you get fined.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

No, you have a choice not to drive, so its not the same at all.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

SCOTUS has also ruled at various times that separate but equal is ok, against Dred Scott, for forced sterilization, and that corporations are people.

Sometimes it takes them a few years to get it right.
    Mel1973 and laynes like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Yes, there are laws for car insurance where I am (i know you weren't speaking to me specifically)... but I choose the car, I choose the coverage and I choose where I get it serviced and who does the servicing. That comparison doesn't cut it with me because I don't have to have a car. If I don't have the car, I don't get penalized...
    laynes likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the Supreme Court (in their decision this year) has already accepted the position that it's a tax, and thus not forcing someone to buy something.
    Thanks Mo. I was about to look that up actually.

I think I knew that woman with the 80 names and 30 addresses. lol
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Thanks Mo. I was about to look that up actually.

I think I knew that woman with the 80 names and 30 addresses. lol
    And Sally Field played her in the movie version ("Cybill")!
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Yes, there are laws for car insurance where I am (i know you weren't speaking to me specifically)... but I choose the car, I choose the coverage and I choose where I get it serviced and who does the servicing. That comparison doesn't cut it with me because I don't have to have a car. If I don't have the car, I don't get penalized...
    I have insurance through my employer and I don't get to choose who my provider is and the provider makes me pick through people they pick to go to for service. I had to switch eye doctor this year because they don't like the insurance we have now.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Do you have the car insurance laws where you are? They are no different than the health insurance law. You either have insurance or you get fined.
    Yes, and it's like greys and mel said, I can choose what insurance I want and I don't have to drive a car. Since I was 16, it was always "If you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the car." It would be like buying the car without the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    The Supreme Court -- constitutional scholars -- ruled otherwise.
    They call it a tax and that makes a difference. But it's still not right to me to charge people a fine for something they may or may not want. I'm not saying I'm against socialized welfare in any way, I'm saying that I don't think anyone should be penalized for choosing not to be insured.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

well, I'll be a bitch royale and say I'm against the 80 year old cuban granny getting SSI... she didn't "work hard" and pay into the system. Let her children and grandchildren take care of her.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

and what of the corporate welfare that costs your government twice as much as real welfare and the alleged rampant abuse? what about unfair tax rates? who do you think is costing your government more money?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

If I'm not mistaken, the Supreme Court (in their decision this year) has already accepted the position that it's a tax, and thus not forcing someone to buy something.
    Yes, you are correct. Which was somewhat surprising seeing as Obama said over and over again it wasn't a tax.

Sorry... I work with the healthcare industry and I just hate Obamacare. It really does do a couple of good and necessary things..but the majority of it is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    and what of the corporate welfare that costs your government twice as much as real welfare and the alleged rampant abuse? what about unfair tax rates? who do you think is costing your government more money?
    WE know who/what is costing us the most money. Or, OUR government more money. Nobody in congress/senate or the president can agree on fucking taxes or anything else! We are a country that is STUCK right now because of division. Your everyday Joe Shmoes aren't able to effectively do shit about those taxes and the corporate abuse. Those big businesses keep our politicians in their pockets. What do you suggest, Sput -seriously. What would you honestly suggest, no sarcasm intended.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    Yes, you are correct. Which was somewhat surprising seeing as Obama said over and over again it wasn't a tax.

Sorry... I work in the healthcare industry and I just hate Obamacare. It really does do a couple of good and necessary things..but the majority of it is junk.
    Obamacare is kind of like one of those survivors in "The Walking Dead" -- it started out a lot nicer and healthier in the beginning, but by the time it got to a safe area, it was all chewed up and covered with zombie slime.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    WE know who/what is costing us the most money. Or, OUR government more money. Nobody in congress/senate or the president can agree on fucking taxes or anything else! We are a country that is STUCK right now because of division. Your everyday Joe Shmoes aren't able to effectively do shit about those taxes and the corporate abuse. Those big businesses keep our politicians in their pockets. What do you suggest, Sput -seriously. What would you honestly suggest, no sarcasm intended.
    look, i never said i had a solution, i'm just pointing out that welfare recipients and immigrants are scapegoats who always end up getting blamed - and people eat that shit up and continue to ignore the real issues or they are completely unaware of them. all to the benefit of republican politicians who can continue to campaign on a populist platform and gain votes by blaming welfare queens and foreigners, and maintain the status quo. and now you can add big, bad, unconstitutional healthcare reform to the mix as the other spawn of satan for people to get all up in arms about.

i just know that if i were american, i'd be a lot more up in arms about unfair tax rates, corporate welfare and the 25% of the federal budget that goes to defence spending, instead of worrying about the grossly overstated problems of welfare abuse and immigrants
    ManxMouse, HWBL and Snarker like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Obamacare is kind of like one of those survivors in "The Walking Dead" -- it started out a lot nicer and healthier in the beginning, but by the time it got to a safe area, it was all chewed up and covered with zombie slime.
    hahaha.. Perfect!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information