Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: State dinner crashers, sad and lonely reality wannabes

I would've bought out half the men's section at DSW and snuck them in.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I would've taken my shoe off and kicked it over to him, and then told the Secret Service he stole it. Hey, no reason for both of us to end up in jail.
    I would somehow trip over my clumsy self, and my slip on pumps would just happen to slip off my feet right next to him...
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Default News exec: Dinner crashers shopping interview

Unf**king believable. Wait, maybe in these times it IS believable. Again, if it were someone with last name like Hassan no f**king way they'd be basking in the limelight like these turds, their arses would've already been in jail.

News exec: Dinner crashers shopping interview
    A television executive says the couple who crashed President Barack Obama's first state dinner is offering to talk to broadcast networks about it for a payment of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    The executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the network does not publicly discuss bookings, told The Associated Press that representatives for Michaele and Tareq Salahi contacted networks to urge them to "get their bids in" for an interview. The executive says the Virginia couple was looking for a payment in the mid-six figures range.
    The couple's success in getting into the state dinner Tuesday without an invitation embarrassed the White House and Secret Service.
    The woman, who was pictured at the dinner greeting both the president and Vice President Joe Biden, is a reality TV hopeful trying to get on Bravo's "The Real Housewives of D.C." Representatives for the Salahis did not immediately return telephone and e-mail requests for comment.
    Network news divisions say they don't pay for interviews. They have, for eagerly-sought interviews in the past, offered to pay for access to exclusive material like pictures or videos from their subjects.
    Meanwhile, CNN confirmed that the Salahis had canceled an appearance they had scheduled for "Larry King Live" on Monday.

I think they're funny.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Dead yet?

It would be funny if the Secret Service arrested them during their interview. Now that would be reality television.

It would be even funnier if nobody at all took the bait. Does anyone think they'll tell anything even close to the truth, paid or unpaid?

The SS doesn't have their shit together. Although...who the hell crashes a place like that? You crash wedding, socialite's or celeb's party. Ya don't crash The White House, #10 Downing Street or whatever your country's equivalent. They could get charged with lying to federal officials...think that is a felony.

Senators: Take action against White House crashers

The Associated Press
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 9:59 AM

WASHINGTON -- Two senators say authorities ought to pursue criminal charges against the Virginia couple who crashed last week's state dinner at the White House.

Democrat Evan Bayh of Indiana and Republican Jon Kyl of Arizona say such behavior should be strongly discouraged.

Authorities say Michaele (mih-KEL') and Tareq Salahi (TAH'-rehk sah-LAH'-hee) were allowed into the White House dinner Tuesday night even though they were not on the guest list. The Secret Service has apologized for the breakdown in security, and an investigation into possible criminal behavior is ongoing.

Bayh says it's no laughing matter that two people could get so close to President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden without being cleared.

Bayh and Kyl appeared on "Fox News Sunday."

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

^^It's funny that two famewhore gatecrashers managed to spawn some bipartisan cooperation in Washington.

^ I was thinking the same thing! And on Fox News nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    What was the secret service doing? all updating their facebook status on their iPhones?
    Haha. It's scary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    It would be funny if the Secret Service arrested them during their interview. Now that would be reality television.
    I would watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    Although...who the hell crashes a place like that? You crash wedding, socialite's or celeb's party. Ya don't crash The White House
    No kidding. They definitely have some cojones, not to mention a touch of crazy!

Haha! This may ruin their plans for an exclusive interview $$$-tell all:
    House Homeland Security Committee asks Salahis to testify Thurs.

By Garance Franke-Ruta

The next stop for the White House gatecrashers may be Congress, not cashing in.

House Committee on Homeland Security chair Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) on Monday announced plans to hold a hearing on the White House security breach that allowed Tareq and Michaele Salahi to gain entry to the White House state dinner last week.The hearing is scheduled for Thursday, December 3, at 10 a.m.

"The Committee plans to invite testimony from Mr. and Mrs. Salahi, who managed to attend portions of the State Dinner without proper White House and Secret Service clearance, and Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan, who is responsible for the safety of Secret Service protectees and the plans his agency develops and implements to secure them," a statement from the committee said.

The Salahis are not yet confirmed as attendees at the hearing and already have canceled a scheduled appearance on "Larry King Live" as they seek to sell their story to the highest bidder. But refusing to show up at a congressional hearing on the subject of their caper, even if they do not yet have a tell-all deal in hand, would likely be perceived as the height of insolence and diva-like behavior even for aspiring reality television stars.

The committee has not had to subpoena a witness in its seven-year history, a Homeland Security spokeswoman said, though she did not rule out the possibility the panel would use one should the couple decline to appear.

"This is a time for answers, recognition of security deficiencies past and present, and remedies to ensure the strength of the Secret Service and the safety of those under its protection," said Thompson in the statement.

44 - House Homeland Security Committee asks Salahis to testify Thurs.

The Committee plans to invite testimony from Mr. and Mrs. Salahi
    Is this a "gee, we'd sure like you to free up your schedule that day so you can attend this sucker" invite or is it a "you better fucking show up or we break both arms and legs" invite? Oh, and by the way, we're not paying you for THIS particular appearance.

They sound like the type that won't attend unless they can crash it and sneak in - what fun is it if you're confirmed?

Holy fuck. Why are they going to waste our money(taxpayers)to charge these fuckers? They got into a fucking party they should not have been able to get into. Who is at fault? Security. Just fucking stop the madness. Luckily everything was ok. Just don't let it happen again and move on! Damn it.

I would be more worried about Oprah. I think she might be a tad bit jealous of Michelle.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information