Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: State dinner crashers, sad and lonely reality wannabes

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    They also crashed events during the Inauguration. I bolded it in the story below.
    I thought that's what Brookie might have been referring to, but that wasn't at the White House. Besides, it was after the event. Probably anyone could have gone up there after the concert was all over when they were taken things down, but most people also aren't into faking connections with the rich and famous day and night. Plus, it was getting f*cking cold toward the end of the concert!
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    I thought that's what Brookie might have been referring to, but that wasn't at the White House. Besides, it was after the event. Probably anyone could have gone up there after the concert was all over when they were taken things down, but most people also aren't into faking connections with the rich and famous day and night. Plus, it was getting f*cking cold toward the end of the concert!
    And they crashed events at the Kennedy Center, too. It's ridiculous that the Secret Service didn't notice a pattern with these two people constantly showing up, before they eventually wormed their way into the White House.

And they crashed events at the Kennedy Center, too. It's ridiculous that the Secret Service didn't notice a pattern with these two people constantly showing up, before they eventually wormed their way into the White House.
    I don't know if you could say that they crashed the Kennedy Center. Anyone can go to the Kennedy Center, and it commonly has more than one event going on every evening.

It says they got photographed with Oprah when she was taping her show there during the inaugural week. I don't know how hard it was to get tickets to Oprah when she was here, but if they're regular party goers, it couldn't have been that hard for them to get them through knowing someone who knows someone... I will say, though, that their need to get photographed with anyone famous they meet is, IMO, pathetic.

I don't know if you could say that they crashed the Kennedy Center. Anyone can go to the Kennedy Center, and it commonly has more than one event going on every evening.

It says they got photographed with Oprah when she was taping her show there during the inaugural week. I don't know how hard it was to get tickets to Oprah when she was here, but if they're regular party goers, it couldn't have been that hard for them to get them through knowing someone who knows someone... I will say, though, that their need to get photographed with anyone famous they meet is, IMO, pathetic.
    I don't think just anyone could walk into the Kennedy Center during inauguration week. Even if Oprah was taping her show, people still had to have tickets/be invited. But, apparently, you can walk in off the street and head into a state dinner at the White House.

On the surface, this incident, along and Dubya's shoe-throwing incident, are funny. But they also show how the Secret Service is slipping when it comes to protecting presidents.

Sorry about that - when I was referring to it as a "White House event", I meant that it was Presidential-related, not necessarily geographically located at The White House.

On the surface, this incident, along and Dubya's shoe-throwing incident, are funny.
    Sorry, but the shoe-throwing incident will be funny long after I've met my maker. It wouldn't have surprised me to learn that the Secret Service bought a pair of sandals and gave it to the guy to heave at Bush at the appropriate time. I laughed until I cried when I saw that video; still do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Sorry about that - when I was referring to it as a "White House event", I meant that it was Presidential-related, not necessarily geographically located at The White House.

Sorry, but the shoe-throwing incident will be funny long after I've met my maker. It wouldn't have surprised me to learn that the Secret Service bought a pair of sandals and gave it to the guy to heave at Bush at the appropriate time. I laughed until I cried when I saw that video; still do.

Don't get me wrong, I will ALWAYS think the shoe-throwing incident was funny. But I also wonder what would've happened if the guy wasn't throwing shoes, but had a gun instead and managed to fire off two bullets.

I agree, king - that wouldn't have been funny in the least. But throwing sandals - yep. Funny as hell.

Let's pause and remember that funny moment, Brookie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwxIjQZF98[/youtube]
    Last edited by kingcap72; November 28th, 2009 at 05:13 PM.

CLASSIC! Thanks for the memories of administrations gone by....

I don't think just anyone could walk into the Kennedy Center during inauguration week. Even if Oprah was taping her show, people still had to have tickets/be invited.
    Actually, you can. Sure, you'd have to have tickets to get in to the audience - into whichever theater Oprah was using - but that doesn't preclude you from getting into the Kennedy Center.

Besides, we don't know that these famewhores DIDN'T have Oprah tix. It couldn't have been that hard for them if they go to as many DC parties as their Facebook pics show.

Don't get me wrong, I will ALWAYS think the shoe-throwing incident was funny. But I also wonder what would've happened if the guy wasn't throwing shoes, but had a gun instead and managed to fire off two bullets.
    i'm assuming there were at least security checks to make sure people didn't bring in weapons. but how do you prevent shoe attacks, other than by making everyone go barefoot...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i'm assuming there were at least security checks to make sure people didn't bring in weapons. but how do you prevent shoe attacks, other than by making everyone go barefoot...
    I'm not talking about preventing the shoe attack. My issue was that they gave the guy enough time to throw TWO shoes. They should've been on him after the first shoe.

Hey, I would've handed him mine to throw, too, if I'd been there.

The couple could have grabbed a knife of the table as well. If they were there to do harm
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Hey, I would've handed him mine to throw, too, if I'd been there.
    I would've taken my shoe off and kicked it over to him, and then told the Secret Service he stole it. Hey, no reason for both of us to end up in jail.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information