Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota bans all abortion, except in case of saving mothers life

Default Re: South Dakota bans all abortion, except in case of saving mothers life

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    i don't choose them.

they choo choo chooose us.

you could send them spam or something
    I sent them this and asked if they would link it to their website... what are my chances?

http://www.morgentaler.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko
    Guess maybe I'll reword that then. I am not for just random abortions but after seeing an article on this issue in it's entirety and realizing that they won't allow it in cases of rape/incest, I think that is wrong. But, no, I don't think abortion should be used as birth control cuz a pregnancy is inconvient at the time.

Does that statement meet the qualifications of allowability?
    I think most rational people know abortion is NOT an acceptable form of birth control.
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

Default Re: South Dakota bans all abortion, except in case of saving mothers life

You heard it here first folks: If Roe vs. Wade is reversed, I will bomb each and every state capital building. I will go on a rampage. There will be nothing left but smoke and rubble when I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    What's going on is so predictable. I don't see why people are freaked out about this.
    Really? You don't? What the hell is wrong with you, then?? What does freak you out, pray tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    There are many, many things that are not specifically in the Constitution. The Supreme Court rarely "changes its mind." Much careful thought went into Roe v. Wade. My opinion is that it will never, ever be reversed. I think it is ridiculous that people are worried about this.
    I THINK IT'S RIDICULOUS THAT YOU'RE NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT. Especially given your personal history.

Good on South Dakota for doing what is morally right.
    FUCK THAT! Unless of course you think it's "morally right" that rape and incest victims be forced to carry the bastard child to term. That's a fucked-up rationale, Dracko.

Here is what I'm getting from conservatives on this issue. They say that it's "morally right" to ban abortion. Now a couple of questions, 1)what morals are being violated by a woman having an abortion, and 2) why is it soo important to have abortions banned?

I just don't see why women can't choose what to do with their body. If they were raped by a stranger or a family member, should'nt they have a choice in aborting that child for the safety of that child?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority
    Here is what I'm getting from conservatives on this issue. They say that it's "morally right" to ban abortion. Now a couple of questions, 1)what morals are being violated by a woman having an abortion, and 2) why is it soo important to have abortions banned?

I just don't see why women can't choose what to do with their body. If they were raped by a stranger or a family member, should'nt they have a choice in aborting that child for the safety of that child?
    THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW!!

A*O

Most people would agree that far too many abortions are carried out for 'convenience' and because of the truly woeful ignorance of young people about safe methods of birth control. Many parents are equally clueless or too embarrassed to discuss this vitally important subject with their kids and rely on the schools to do so which is fine, except Dubya and the Christian hardliners have told US schools that the only form of birth control they are permitted to 'promote' is abstinance. Yeah, right.

So it seems that the US Federal and now State Govts are moving towards the Catholic Church's enlightened position, ie, no birth control allowed and when you inevitably do get knocked up you can't have an abortion either. It's this kind of Dark Ages mentality that makes you realise that the USA really isn't the progressive, modern nation it likes to think it is.

And to answer Mr Authority - the Pro Lifers regard an embryo/foetus from conception as a separate, individual, human being who has individual human rights separate from those of the mother. So having an abortion is violating the 'human rights' of the embryo/foetus and has nothing to do with the mother's rights to decide about her body - it's not 'her' body, the foetus is merely 'borrowing' it until he/she is born. This brings us back to the very tricky debate about when 'life' actually begins.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gold Member

We are in fucking trouble.

You nutty Americans like to shoot your presidents...

I want to know why nobody has taken a shot at Dubya
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

^^ I did. But it was his double, not the Prez-o-dent. It didn't make the news. I guess they didn't want to encourage any other attempts on his life. Oh, well. At least I tried!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    FUCK THAT! Unless of course you think it's "morally right" that rape and incest victims be forced to carry the bastard child to term. That's a fucked-up rationale, Dracko.
    HOLY CRAP! I said in a subsequent post that I favor the right of abortion in cases of rape/incest. WickedHo

HOLY CRAP! I said in a subsequent post that I favor the right of abortion in cases of rape/incest. WickedHo
    Yeah, but I don't believe you. Not after your vehement post. Dracko.

Silver Member

Okay. But what I think isn't about to change anything so it really doesn't matter if you believe me or not. It's your perogative to decide not to.

I think people forget what this issue REALLY is about--it's about an agonized woman trying to decide what would be right for her & her possible child. I think in some cases, to have an abortion would be an extremely unselfish move.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

^^Thoughtful and insightful post that brings more light than heat to the issue.

What's with the bizarre banner ad at the top? Are we touting for these nutjobs now?

They change on their own, a lot of them go by keywords from the page.^

Oh, I was worried there for a minute!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information