Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: South Dakota bans all abortion, except in case of saving mothers life

Default Re: South Dakota bans all abortion, except in case of saving mothers life

Read my last post.

Gold Member

Default Re: South Dakota bans all abortion, except in case of saving mothers life

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    A state will try to pass a law to see if the new makeup of the US Supreme Court will review their case and change their mind, i.e., overturn Roe v. Wade, which imho will never happen.

What happens is, a state will pass a law. Someone gets convicted under the law. The person appeals his conviction, claiming the law is unconstitutional. The state courts of S.D. (or wherever) will declare the law, as written, is unconstitutional. Bodda Bing, we're done. There is no way the courts of S.D. could possibly formulate an opinion finding the law constitutional, because Roe v. Wade is the law of the land. If it finds its way to the Supreme Court of the U.S., then they will declare the law unconstitutional.
    There are many people who believe RvW is not in the Constitution and belongs as a State's issue. I don't agree with you that everyone sees it as the "law of the land". RvW will be challenged.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

While all the legal bickering and wrangling goes on, the women you purport to care about Mushy will be driving/flying/whatever to get abortions where some moron hasn't made them temporarily illegal. For fuck's sake, do you get it now?

Gold Member

Abortion is not in the Constitution, it can be challenged. The SC can choose to interpret the "right of privacy" in another way. If RvW is struck down, the issue goes to the states and they decide on abortion.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

The supreme court also hasn't been tipped to the radical right with religious ideologues and those with agendas... till now. Roberts and Alito anybody?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Gold Member

If the SC chooses to hear any challenges to RvW, they may be wise to decline, they could overturn RvW. I won't be worried, I live in Cali, nothing will change here if RvW is overturned.

Gold Member

God I hope not

Hey Grimmlock I notice on a lot of your posts you "quote", but don't include the source.

I like to look at the whole article before I post, so would you please include the link/addy to your sources?

Thanks
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

It's usually in there somewhere.. i snap it off of blogs, and they usually quote where they got it from
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Good on South Dakota for doing what is morally right.

Oh, and I'd like to see the source of this article, too. Thanks for suggesting it deckchick.

One person's morality is another person's immorality.

A*O

Is South Dakota a particularly rabid nest of fundamentalist
    mysogenist/Christian/wackos/Republicans? (take your pick). I ask as an ignorant Goddam Pinko FORNER.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'm not sure, A*O, but to ban abortion even in the case of rape and incest is simply beyond imagination.

I'm assuming some virulent combination of all the categories you listed is at work.

A*O

This is another peek behind the veil of American 'society'. There are large chunks of the legislature and the people who elect them who are little better than the fundamentalists elsewhere whom they so fear and despise.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I did a little research. The governor is a Ken-doll type Repub who sees nothing wrong with the bill and plans to sign it. His name -- get this -- is Rounder. Hehehehehe.

Of course he see nothing wrong with taking away women's rights -- he's a friggin' man!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information