Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford goes AWOL

And Fox labels him a Democrat:

They're getting a bit predictable.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

ZOMG those family values are sure in effect here! What a fine GOP role model this guy is.

...by the way are we sure this Arentinian "woman" is'nt code for tanned, built, pool boy in Miami Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

As if passing him off as a player for the other team would have really helped their reputation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

Gotta love Fox. They never disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    ZOMG those family values are sure in effect here! What a fine GOP role model this guy is.

...by the way are we sure this Arentinian "woman" is'nt code for tanned, built, pool boy in Miami Beach?
    I was starting to wonder about that when he kept saying 'this person' instead of 'this woman.' I thought it was going to be another Jim McGreevy situation.

How come we never hear about Feinstein, Pelosi, Boxer, or any other female politicians having a hard time keeping their vag's in their pants? Hmm? I think men with power are total entitlement whores.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I would almost bet that this guy crucified Bill Clinton for having an affair with Monica Lewinsky,and probably called for his head on a silver platter. Republicans are such hypocrites that it's sickening.

Ha! This is way too random! I bet some friends that he was in South America bumping culos with a sidepiece. I even got the right continent!

I'm gonna get so drunk on their money.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    I would almost bet that this guy crucified Bill Clinton for having an affair with Monica Lewinsky,and probably called for his head on a silver platter. Republicans are such hypocrites that it's sickening.

here ya go

Governor Mark Sanford's admission that he has had an affair with a woman from Argentina, whom he met through the exchange of emails, promises to spark yet another round of reflection and debate over how significant a politician's personal life is when judging their professional conduct.
    The South Carolina Republican, who apologized to his wife, family, staff and friends, said that he was willing to face the consequences of his actions. One of those was consequences was immediate, facing the judgment of the press, he said. Another was his resignation from the chairmanship of the Republican Governors Association. Whether the consequences extend to his resignation from the governor's chair remains to be seen.
    The standard Sanford has set for other politicians over the years has been fairly high. A member of the House of Representatives during the heyday of the Clinton-Lewinsky affair, he was often a harsh critic of the president for his marital misconduct.
    This is "very damaging stuff," Sanford declared at one point, when details of Clinton's conduct became known. "I think it would be much better for the country and for him personally (to resign)... I come from the business side," he said. "If you had a chairman or president in the business world facing these allegations, he'd be gone."
    Explaining his decision to back impeachment articles against Clinton, he added, "I think what he did in this matter was reprehensible... I feel very comfortable with my vote."
    Sanford's complaints were directed primarily, although not entirely, at Clinton's lying about the affair rather than the affair itself. At one point, however, he proclaimed that Clinton was likely to get away with his infidelities and indiscretion because he already had the perception of someone who was untrustworthy.
    "In politics you can get away with anything as long as it's what's expected," he was quoted saying in a Boston Globe article published in December 1998. "If people expect you to be a rascal, you can be a rascal."
    At another point, however, Sanford seemed to acknowledge that when it came to politicians, skeletons in the closet were to be expected. "This is a human institution," he said of Congress, in a Maclean's article from September 1998. "Take it as a given that weird stuff goes on."
    More than anything else, Sanford -- after initially cautioning the press to withhold judgment until all the facts in the Clinton case were known -- became deeply skeptical of the president's motives. He was one of only five members of the House of Representatives (and one of two Republicans -- Ron Paul being the other) to vote against expressing support for U.S. troops in combat after Clinton ordered bombing raids in Iraq. Sanford reasoned that the president was trying to distract attention from his marital issues. And toward the end of the saga, he insisted that Clinton could not operate with any effectiveness because he'd been untruthful.
    "The issue of lying is probably the biggest harm, if you will, to the system of Democratic government, representatives government, because it undermines trust," he told CNN. "And if you undermine trust in our system, you undermine everything."
    Now, of course, he is working to rebuild the trust he lost from an affair of his own.

His wife issued a statement saying she told him to move out two weeks ago and not to talk to her anymore. Finally a political wife with some guts.

Hold up on praising his wife. Looks like she's giving him another chance.

(CNN) South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford's wife Jenny released a statement Wednesday afternoon.
    Full text:
    Statement from First Lady Jenny Sanford

I would like to start by saying I love my husband and I believe I have put forth every effort possible to be the best wife I can be during our almost twenty years of marriage. As well, for the last fifteen years my husband has been fully engaged in public service to the citizens and taxpayers of this state and I have faithfully supported him in those efforts to the best of my ability. I have been and remain proud of his accomplishments and his service to this state.
    I personally believe that the greatest legacy I will leave behind in this world is not the job I held on Wall Street, or the campaigns I managed for Mark, or the work I have done as First Lady or even the philanthropic activities in which I have been routinely engaged. Instead, the greatest legacy I will leave in this world is the character of the children I, or we, leave behind. It is for that reason that I deeply regret the recent actions of my husband Mark, and their potential damage to our children.

I believe wholeheartedly in the sanctity, dignity and importance of the institution of marriage. I believe that has been consistently reflected in my actions. When I found out about my husband's infidelity I worked immediately to first seek reconciliation through forgiveness, and then to work diligently to repair our marriage. We reached a point where I felt it was important to look my sons in the eyes and maintain my dignity, self-respect, and my basic sense of right and wrong. I therefore asked my husband to leave two weeks ago.
    This trial separation was agreed to with the goal of ultimately strengthening our marriage. During this short separation it was agreed that Mark would not contact us. I kept this separation quiet out of respect of his public office and reputation, and in hopes of keeping our children from just this type of public exposure. Because of this separation, I did not know where he was in the past week.
    I believe enduring love is primarily a commitment and an act of will, and for a marriage to be successful, that commitment must be reciprocal. I believe Mark has earned a chance to resurrect our marriage.
    Psalm 127 states that sons are a gift from the Lord and children a reward from Him. I will continue to pour my energy into raising our sons to be honorable young men. I remain willing to forgive Mark completely for his indiscretions and to welcome him back, in time, if he continues to work toward reconciliation with a true spirit of humility and repentance.
    This is a very painful time for us and I would humbly request now that members of the media respect the privacy of my boys and me as we struggle together to continue on with our lives and as I seek the wisdom of Solomon, the strength and patience of Job and the grace of God in helping to heal my family.
    Sanford's wife: He's earned a second chance

Damn her. Grow some ovaries already, woman. She'll probably divroce him after it dies down. Folks in COLA don't know how to stay married.

Default Sanford, lover carried on a romantic e-mail exchange

Sanford, lover carried on a romantic e-mail exchange | McClatchy

Sanford, lover carried on a romantic e-mail exchange
    John O'Connor | The State
    last updated: June 24, 2009 06:08:46 PM

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford carried on a lively e-mail exchange with his lover in Buenos Aires, praising her "gentle kisses," her tan lines and the "curve of your hips," according to copies of the e-mails given to McClatchy's The State newspaper.

The newspaper posted excerpts on its Web site, after removing the woman's full name and other personal details, including her street address, e-mail address and children's names.

In the e-mails, Sanford recounted his schedule, including a meeting with Sen. John McCain, then the Republican nominee for president. In that e-mail, Sanford told his lover, who The State identified only as "Maria," that the visit had sparked discussion of Sanford as a possible vice presidential candidate.

He also hinted at the emotional struggle his sexual relationship with the woman was causing him. "This is ground I have never certainly never covered before - so if you have pearls of wisdom on how we figure all this out please let me know," Sanford wrote. "In the meantime please sleep soundly knowing that despite the best efforts of my head my heart cries out for you, your voice, your body, the touch of your lips, the touch of your finger tips and an even deeper connection to your soul."

The relations also caused Maria conflicts. "As I told you I shouldn't have done this trip but I would have felt worst if I wouldn't have come," she wrote. "He is a very nice guy, great heart ... but unfortunately I am not in love with him ... You are my love."

Sanford's office did not dispute the authenticity of the e-mails on Wednesday.

McClatchy special correspondent Angeles Mase visited the 14-story apartment building in Buenos Aires Wednesday where the woman lives, according to the emails, which included her address. The woman at the address answered to the name in the emails and, at first, agreed to speak to a visitor, but she declined after the visitor identified herself as a reporter.

The doorman at the building, shown a photograph of Sanford, said he did not recognize him. According to the doorman, the woman has two sons, one a teenager of driving age and the other younger. The emails refer to the woman's two sons.

Here're excerpts:

From Gov. Sanford, Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 12:24 a.m.

"One, tomorrow leave at 5 a.m. for New York and meetings. Will think about you on its streets and wish I was going to be there later in the month when you are there. Tomorrow night back to Philadelphia for the start of the National Governor's Conference through the weekend. Back to Columbia for Tuesday and then on Wednesday, as I think I had told you, taking the family to China, Tibet, Nepal, India, Thailand and then back through Hong Kong on world wind tour. Few days home then to Bahamas for 5 days on a friend’s boat for the last break of the summer. The following weekend have been asked to spend it out in Aspen, Colorado with McCain - which has kicked up the whole VP talk all over again in the press back home . . .

"Two, mutual feelings . . . You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light - but hey, that would be going into sexual details ...

"Three and finally, while all the things above are all too true - at the same time we are in a hopelessly - or as you put it impossible - or how about combine and simply say hopelessly impossible situation of love. How in the world this lightening strike snuck up on us I am still not quite sure. As I have said to you before I certainly had a special feeling about you from the first time we met, but these feelings were contained and I genuinely enjoyed our special friendship and the comparing of all too many personal notes ...

"Lastly I also suspect I feel a little vulnerable because this is ground I have never certainly never covered before - so if you have pearls of wisdom on how we figure all this out please let me know... In the meantime please sleep soundly knowing that despite the best efforts of my head my heart cries out for you, your voice, your body, the touch of your lips, the touch of your finger tips and an even deeper connection to your soul.”

--------------------

From Maria, Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:14 p.m.

“As I told you I shouldn't have done this trip but I would have felt worst if I wouldn't have come because it was too over the date, he is a very nice guy, great heart ... but unfortunately I am not in love with him ... You are my love ... something hard to believe even for myself as it's also a kind of impossible love, not only because of distance but situation. Sometimes you don't choose things, they just happen... I can't redirect my feelings and I am very happy with mine towards you.”

--------------------

From Gov. Sanford, Tuesday, July 8, 1:42 a.m.

“Got back an hour ago to civilization and am now in Columbia after what was for me a glorious break from reality down at the farm. No phones ringing and tangible evidence of a day's labors. Though I have started every day by 6 this morning woke at 4:30, I guess since my body knew it was the last day, and I went out and ran the excavator with lights until the sun came up. To me, and I suspect no one else on earth, there is something wonderful about listening to country music playing in the cab, air conditioner running, the hum of a huge diesel engine in the back ground, the tranquillity that comes with being in a virtual wilderness of trees and marsh, the day breaking and vibrant pink coming alive in the morning clouds - and getting to build something with each scoop of dirt.”

LOL! OMG, how do they get this stuff? Someone must have had something and was about to go public, thus the impromptu Father's Day trip to Argentina to settle some affairs, so to speak.

Those e-mails are a laff. They sure did try to klass up their diddling each other. How sad for their families (each of which include children) that the adults didn't bother to use that effort toward their duties to their families, and of course, to Gawd.

Probably a peri-op tranny.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Talking

Ian Gurvitz: "Where I Was" by Governor Mark Sanford

"Where I Was" by Governor Mark Sanford

I was hiking the Appalachian trail and my GPS went, like, totally batshit.

I was on a double secret intelligence mission, investigating the South American cocaine trade, and tracked the source of the problem to the ass cheeks of an Argentinian stripper.

Fine, I was planning on starring in a local production of Evita and went to Buenos Aires to research the role.

Look, you just can't get good Gaucho steak in the states, ok?

I was taking tango lessons so I could take my wife dancing for her birthday. It was going to be a surprise, so thanks for screwing THAT up.

I was on a trade mission, trading American dollars for Argentinian blow jobs.

I was on a boat, cruising the Argentinian coastline. Alone. Totally alone. Completely and totally alone. I resent any and all implications that I was not totally alone.

I categorically deny that I was visiting the love child I fathered with an Argentinian supermodel. They don't even have Father's Day in Argentina, so there!

At least I wasn't in a Minneapolis airport bathroom.

John Edwards, people. John Edwards.

You remember how President Bush used to disappear to his ranch in Crawford? Well, I was practicing for when I became president and was checking out ranch property in Buenos Aires.

It was President Obama's fault. He forced that stimulus package on me so I went to get my package stimulated.

Hey, I'll tell you the same thing I told my wife: none of your fuckin' beeswax.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information