Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford goes AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    So, is anyone watching the press conference? I'm watching the live stream on MSNBC, waiting for it to start...
    Yeah, I'm watching him cry. So, this entire thing turned out to be just another Republican sex scandal? I like how he said he spent 5 days crying in Argentina. More like he spent 5 days fucking.

Well, if there's one person that's happy about this affair it's Senator John Ensign. The heat's off of him.

He just admitted he's been cheating on his wife with someone in Argentina for the past year or so. He's known her as a friend for 8 years, but the romantic relationship developed in the past year. His wife has known for about 5 months, and they've been working through it. He also just resigned as chairman of the Rebuplican Governors Association. Lots of apologies, to his wife, son, in-laws, etc.

What. in. the. Hell.

This is the strangest damn story.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    He just admitted he's been cheating on his wife with someone in Argentina for the past year or so. He's known her as a friend for 8 years, but the romantic relationship developed in the past year. His wife has known for about 5 months, and they've been working through it. He also just resigned as chairman of the Rebuplican Governors Association. Lots of apologies, to his wife, son, in-laws, etc.
    I knew it! I couldn't understand how unconcerned his wife was being and thought that she knew...

Mark Sanford's the king of misdirection. Making people believe he was having a nervous breakdown when he was having a brakejob. You clever bastard.

AFFAIR!!!

That explains the absurd squeal like a piggeh ruse.

I wonder if he has kids with the other woman too. He could have at least waited for another weekend besides FATHER'S DAY????

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford admits to extramarital affair - Los Angeles Times
    South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford admits to extramarital affair

Sanford admits to a love affair with an Argentine woman. 'The bottom line is this: I've been unfaithful to my wife.' He apologizes to his family and the people of South Carolina.

By Michael Muskal
    11:52 AM PDT, June 24, 2009
    South Carolina's wandering governor, Mark Sanford, said today he had an affair with an Argentine woman and that was why he disappeared without telling anyone he went to South America.

"The bottom line is this: I've been unfaithful to my wife," he said. "I've developed a relationship with a dear dear friend from Argentina."

Speaking at a nationally televised news conference, Sanford apologized to his wife, his four boys, his family and the people of South Carolina for his disappearance and for leaving his staff and family to make up excuses for his absence. Sanford's staff had insisted at one point that he was off hiking on the Appalachian Trail.

"There are moral absolutes," said Sanford, one of a cast of possible GOP presidential aspirants.

The announcement was the latest development in the bizarre case of Sanford's disappearance on June 18. It was unclear whether Sanford's comments would placate his critics, who have been up in arms. YEAH RIGHT!! Placate is the LAST thing that will ever happen now.

Among the questions have been why didn't he tell other officials that he would be out of pocket? Why didn't he tell his family? Why did his top aides finally say that he was hiking, only to be left with egg on their faces when he surfaced after a trip to Argentina?

"All we've had is lies, lies, lies," South Carolina state Sen. John Knotts said in a televised news conference earlier today. There have been "coverups where the governor is and where the governor is not," Sanford's fellow Republican said.

"I don't have a problem with the governor taking some time off," Knotts said. "But the people in South Carolina need to know that somebody is at the helm, not just a staffer."

Because of his presidential aspirations, Sanford has been one of the frequent targets of the national Democrat Party, which has trumpeted his disappearance since June 18 as an example of erratic behavior. Sanford was a visible opponent of President's Obama's economic stimulus package, at one point insisting he wouldn't accept the $700 million set aside for his state. Sanford was forced to relent after opponents won in court. **And then blamed jetting off for his affair on "recouperating from the stimulus battle."

Sanford, 49, arrived at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport this morning and told the State newspaper that he had wanted a break after the pressures of a tough South Carolina legislative session. He said he had considered hiking the Appalachian Trail but changed his mind at the last minute and went to Buenos Aires.

"I wanted to do something exotic," Sanford explained earlier, before admitting the affair, calling Buenos Aires "a great city."

The problem is that word of the trip never got to aides or even his family. In recent days, South Carolina's lieutenant governor, nominally in charge with the governor out of the state, said he had no idea where Sanford was. Sanford's wife, Jenny, said she had no idea where the governor was but insisted she wasn't worried.

"He was writing something and wanted some space to get away from the kids," she told the Associated Press before heading off with their four sons to the family's Sullivan's Island home -- over Father's Day weekend.

Sanford's staff stuck by the hiking story, saying the governor was somewhere along the 2,175-mile Appalachian Trail and couldn't be reached even by cellphone. Aides this morning have refused to discuss the matter.

Heading to South Carolina from Georgia this morning, Sanford said: "I don't know how this thing got blown out of proportion."

Sanford has been a colorful figure on the South Carolina political scene. He once put a spending clock outside his office to illustrate how quickly a proposed budget would spend state money. He also brought pigs to the House chamber to protest pork he said lawmakers had put in a budget.

Still, Sanford has been a well-respected governor, head of the Republican Governors Assn. and a strong conservative among those who are potential 2012 GOP presidential aspirants.

The presidential sweepstakes has been less than charitable to Republicans so far. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal saw his stock drop after a disastrous television appearance LOL 'member??; Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has been embroiled in feuds with her state legislators and with late-night talk-show host David Letterman; Nevada Sen. John Ensign admitted he had an extramarital affair; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was forced to back step after he used the word "racist" to describe Sonia Sotomayor, a nominee for the Supreme Court.

Sandford's disclosure comes the same month that another Republican, Sen. John Ensign of Nevada, revealed that he also had had an extramarital affair.

omg the excuses! too fucking funny.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

What the hell? Are we in some special 365-day festival of governor fucktards? Blagoviech, Palin, Jindal, and now Sanford.

This shit is comedy gold. Olbermann, Maddow and Matthews are probably cracking each other up with the material they'll be covering on this tonight.

I'm just glad the gays aren't being allowed to sully the sanctity of marriage....
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

You know Dont Cry for me Argentina is going to play in the background when the commentators talk about this.

^

"Don't cry for me Argentina
    The truth is I never left you
    All through my wild days
    My mad existence
    I kept my promise
    Don't keep your distance...."

Yeah, that!!!!

I didn't see the press conference, but according to reports, he said this to the reporters about if he ended it with the woman.

SANFORD: We developed a remarkable relationship over the years. About year ago it sparked into something more than that. I’ve seen her three times during that whole sparking thing.
    LOL, what a maroon!

I bet he's still lying. I don't think it was a woman.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

BWAHAHAHAHA

What an idiot. Who in the hell will they run out there in 2012????

Is it really that hard to be an elected person AND keep your bit and pieces where they belong?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information