Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford goes AWOL

Oh give me a break. Its easy to be "in love" when you're sneaking around and have no real commitments or drama. This is a woman who he didn't live with, who he could confide anything to, that he would meet up with occasionally for sex. Its EASY. She probably does sound like a saint next to a frazzled wife because he only can see one side of her. Try moving in together, have your relationship tested, get married, have kids, go through all kinds of problems and obstacles...the true test of "love" (to me) is commitment and longitude. What they have is infatuation. He wanted something "new" because that initial feeling he had with his wife has worn off in the last twenty or so years. It would wear off with this Maria girl as well if they ever seriously left everything and got together. He would realize that life isn't rainbows and sunshine, and that Maria isn't quite so lovely 24/7. They're both idiots and living a fantasy. He knows its a fantasy as well or else he would have left everything a long time ago for her - he knows the fantasy is better than the real thing.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

What irks me is that it's his wife who made Mark Sandford. Regardless how loveless or cold, that was the deal. He used her money, power, and influence to be politically viable. He willing sold his soul for power, and now he has to pay the piper. He can't have it both ways. Nothing is for free. If he wanted "love" he should have married that, not money to enhance his career. His side of the deal was not to f*ck up his career. Now they're both screwed.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

I can't believe he took off to be with his lover over Father's Day, thats whats so damn cold to me. How do you explain that to your kids?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^^ They go to counceling with Balthazar Getthy's kids.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I can't believe he took off to be with his lover over Father's Day, thats whats so damn cold to me. How do you explain that to your kids?
    You don't. You never tell them, they find out on their own because you're a weaselly, lying, piece of shit, sorry excuse for a man. Then again, he's a politician so nobody should have been too surprised.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Damn, I finally grew a heart over some idiot getting his dick wet south of the border. I need to check my meds.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Whoa - where did we get that the wife is cold and loveless? They do have 4 sons together. She has been his campaign chair that got him the governorship. Wow, he writes some smaltzy emails which would have most of us gagging over our morning coffee and it's true love? He abdicates ALL of his resposibilities both personally and professionally and Butt is swooning? He's a hypocrite of the highest order, so it's romantic? Maybe it's the death of the 70's affecting everyone...this is NOT the GR I am used to....

**COLLECTIVE SLAP TO THE BOARD** Now snap the fuck out of it.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Oh give me a break. Its easy to be "in love" when you're sneaking around and have no real commitments or drama. This is a woman who he didn't live with, who he could confide anything to, that he would meet up with occasionally for sex. Its EASY. She probably does sound like a saint next to a frazzled wife because he only can see one side of her. Try moving in together, have your relationship tested, get married, have kids, go through all kinds of problems and obstacles...the true test of "love" (to me) is commitment and longitude. What they have is infatuation. He wanted something "new" because that initial feeling he had with his wife has worn off in the last twenty or so years. It would wear off with this Maria girl as well if they ever seriously left everything and got together. He would realize that life isn't rainbows and sunshine, and that Maria isn't quite so lovely 24/7. They're both idiots and living a fantasy. He knows its a fantasy as well or else he would have left everything a long time ago for her - he knows the fantasy is better than the real thing.

Perfectly stated. I think some people here needed a reality injection and you provided it.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin69 View Post
    What irks me is that it's his wife who made Mark Sandford. Regardless how loveless or cold, that was the deal. He used her money, power, and influence to be politically viable. He willing sold his soul for power, and now he has to pay the piper. He can't have it both ways. Nothing is for free. If he wanted "love" he should have married that, not money to enhance his career. His side of the deal was not to f*ck up his career. Now they're both screwed.
    Really? Wow. I had no idea his wife played such a vital role in his political career.

Like Jon Stewart said on TDS, "A conservative mind with a liberal dick."

Ditto 100%. He ditched his wife and kids to diddle his dick in someone else, no amount of sloppy, sappy, silly love notes that could be in any teenager's inbox erases that fact.

Ditto 100%. He ditched his wife and kids to diddle his dick in someone else, no amount of sloppy, sappy, silly love notes that any teenager could have written erases that fact.

Sanford has to be happy that MJ took the media's focus off of him. Although they did release some airport security footage of him today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Really? Wow. I had no idea his wife played such a vital role in his political career.

There was an article that detailed how much she had worked to get him elected, I'll try to find it again.

Here's something from wikipedia, so anything goes with that:

In 1994, she managed her husband's successful campaign for Congress, as well as his successful gubenatorial campaign in 2002. According to the Governor's website, she assisted him daily during his first term as Governor, and co-managed his successful re-election campaign in 2006.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

More details on Sanford via Countdown. And, naturally, Rush blames Obama for Sanford's affair.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x18g8V-IEis[/YOUTUBE]

Ah, Rush. I didn't know Obama grabbed Sanford's dick and shoved it in a woman who's not his wife.

Thread Information