Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sore losing Clintonistas vow to vote for John McCain. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed View Post
    The "if you are not with us you are a racist" stuff is getting SO old. Most people who dislike Obama describe him as dishonest, arrogant or a crybaby. It has nothing to do with his skin color.

Anyway people are free to vote for whoever they want. The voters don't owe Obama anything. It's the politician's job to attract voters-that's what politics is all about. McCain isn't whining because the conservatives can't stand him, he's reaching out to them. If Obama wants unhappy Hillary supporters to vote for him he needs to do the same.
    I agree, I for one am sick of anyone who doesn't like Obama being branded a racist (and I'm not implying you said that January, I'm speaking generally.) Not everyone who dislikes Hillary Clinton is sexist, and not everyone who brings up Obama's inexperience or voting record is using it as a cover. Some people are actually concerned about if he is going to be up to the job and able to handle the pressure of leading the entire country. Personally, I think he will be, but I can see how people would be concerned if they didn't know much about him.

and I do remember some Obama supporters saying they either wouldn't vote if Hillary was the nominee, or they would switch to McCain, so it's kind of funny that they're changing their tune now

I dislike Hillary (and Bill) because I'm just sick of the Clintons, like I'm sick of the Bush's.

But, she got a raw deal. The MSM were like sharks circling, just waiting for any indication she may not be the nominee and WHAM, came out full force against her in every way possible. Yeah, I thought her crying stuff was lame. But the way the media went on and on and on made it clear to me what horse they were backing.

And the clear neglect to challenge Obama on his past with that church (or anything!) is proof the media fears its own name calling... don't challenge Obama out of fear of being called racist.

That race card is sickening. Martin Luther King Jr. is rolling in his grave.
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

The "if you are not with us you are a racist" stuff is getting SO old. Most people who dislike Obama describe him as dishonest, arrogant or a crybaby. It has nothing to do with his skin color.

Anyway people are free to vote for whoever they want. The voters don't owe Obama anything. It's the politician's job to attract voters-that's what politics is all about. McCain isn't whining because the conservatives can't stand him, he's reaching out to them. If Obama wants unhappy Hillary supporters to vote for him he needs to do the same.
    Dishonest, seriously what was he dishonest about, and please no manufactured made up crap. Post things of real substance.

I feel that ANY woman who was a Hillary supporter votes for McCain is stupid. He will appoint justices to overturn Roe vs. Wade, his health care plan would leave a lot of them without health insurance(especially if they have a pre-existing health condition). It's time to make conscious decisions about your lively hood, and what a McCain Presidency would do to that said lively hood.

Arrogant, wow..intelligence and confidence equals arrogant now...okay!

Crybaby, about what???
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

Google Obama and dishonest, arrogant or crybaby and see how many hits you get. You are free to hunt down all those evil people and demand an explanation.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Google Obama and dishonest, arrogant or crybaby and see how many hits you get. You are free to hunt down all those evil people and demand an explanation.
    I am aware that all of those things are out there. I also know what to believe, and what not to believe. I also know how to decipher bullshit from reality. I can also tell you that I know what is at stake, what is being offered by the republicans... If all the republicans can do is smear and scare..then, my choice for President is doing something right!! So, thank you very much for telling me how to use google, but I know how to research the facts, from the fiction. So, as I sip my latte, and walk around my 40 acres, glancing at my mule...I say with arrogant intelligence Obama 08!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

McCain isn't whining because the conservatives can't stand him, he's reaching out to them. If Obama wants unhappy Hillary supporters to vote for him he needs to do the same.
    He's already started. Check out his web ads:

And on the homescreen of his website:

And here: Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In

And his remarks in his speech last week:
    'That is particularly true for the candidate who has traveled further on this journey than anyone else. Senator Hillary Clinton has made history in this campaign not just because she's a woman who has done what no woman has done before, but because she's a leader who inspires millions of Americans with her strength, her courage, and her commitment to the causes that brought us here tonight.

We've certainly had our differences over the last sixteen months. But as someone who's shared a stage with her many times, I can tell you that what gets Hillary Clinton up in the morning – even in the face of tough odds – is exactly what sent her and Bill Clinton to sign up for their first campaign in Texas all those years ago; what sent her to work at the Children's Defense Fund and made her fight for health care as First Lady; what led her to the United States Senate and fueled her barrier-breaking campaign for the presidency – an unyielding desire to improve the lives of ordinary Americans, no matter how difficult the fight may be. And you can rest assured that when we finally win the battle for universal health care in this country, she will be central to that victory. When we transform our energy policy and lift our children out of poverty, it will be because she worked to help make it happen. Our party and our country are better off because of her, and I am a better candidate for having had the honor to compete with Hillary Rodham Clinton.'
    Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In |

Its got to be a two-way street. The job of the Obama supporters is not just to show why we support him, but to open that door and invite and welcome the Hillary supporters. And the job of the Hillary supporters is to open their minds, and consider coming over.

Gold Member

I disagree, it's not a two way street. Voters do not owe anything to candidates. Calling Dems racists, old, less educated, bitter, etc..turned off voters. If Obama wants their votes he's going to have to go out and work for them. The "Hillary and I are friends" ads are cute but not effective. He needs to stress his positions on the issues that are important to those voters and over time many of them should come back.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

I disagree, it's not a two way street. Voters do not owe anything to candidates. Calling Dems racists, old, less educated, bitter, etc..turned off voters. If Obama wants their votes he's going to have to go out and work for them. The "Hillary and I are friends" ads are cute but not effective. He needs to stress his positions on the issues that are important to those voters and over time many of them should come back.
    Well and seriously... does anyone really BUY the 'kiss and make up' crap? These two loathe each other, plain and simple.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Haha, that reminds me of when Mitt Romney suspended his campaign to endorse John McCain. Lots of smiles and pats, but the entire time, both of them looked like they were sucking on shit-flavored gumdrops, lol.

I didn't say it was a two-way street; I said it NEEDED to be.

Obama, and his entire campaign, have been very focused on working with the Clinton campaign and supporters. It isn't just 'cute' ads; it goes much deeper than that and it is being backed up in every way.

And as much as I have my own opinion about Hillary Clinton, I understand that her supporters are not her. I understand and respect that they have a leader they support just as strongly as I support Obama. I know we are more alike than different. And I want us to all close rank and fight the good fight together. Most other Obama supporters feel the same way.

But the battle we are fighting is that many Hillary supporters are still very closed off. They won't consider supporting Obama. They don't want to hear any of our peace-making overtures. Hence, it NEEDS to be a two-way street. The Obama folks are opening that door, and I personally feel that many of the Hillary people are laughing at us for it. I don't know how to fix that, other than time.

Granted, there are some amazing Hillary supporters who defy this. A friend of mine went to the TX State Convention last weekend as a delegate, and had an amazing story. The Hillary and Obama people were separated at first, with the Hillary people loudly protesting. The Chair of the Convention said something very diplomatic and moving that escapes me now. At any rate, the Hillary people soon came over and the convention ended with the delegates united. That is what needs to happen.

And for the record, Obama never said that voters or Hillary supporters were 'racists, old, less educated.' And the bitter comment wasn't even directed at Hillary supporters.

Gold Member

Even with the word needs, I still don't believe any voter owes a politician their vote. Maybe we are talking about 2 different things. You seem to be talking about people who work on campaigns, I'm talking about voters. It's the job of the candidate to go out and get votes. It's been like that since the beginning of time. If he wants those unhappy Hillary supporters, he's going to have to work for them.

One the dangers of running a divisive campaign is that the nominee has to play catch up with voters that should already be in the D column. He's going to have to spend the next 5 mos convincing women, older voters and Hispanics to vote for him.

I also want to point out that Hillary supporters are not like Obama supporters. They don't care about speeches or a leader who will give them hope and inspiration. They will probably never like or trust Obama but it doesn't mean they won't vote for him. For the next 5 mos he's going to have to explain to them how he will make THEIR lives better, they are all issue voters. So my point is making peace and being friends is not necessary, it's politics. Obama revamping his message is the most effective way to get to those voters.

I also want to point out that Hillary supporters are not like Obama supporters. They don't care about speeches or a leader who will give them hope and inspiration. They will probably never like or trust Obama but it doesn't mean they won't vote for him. For the next 5 mos he's going to have to explain to them how he will make THEIR lives better, they are all issue voters. So my point is making peace and being friends is not necessary, it's politics. Obama revamping his message is the most effective way to get to those voters.

Which is why I think they'd be crazy to vote McCain over Obama, because Obama and Clinton were sooooo alike on all the issues. During the primary, many Obama and Clinton supporters got wrapped up in love with their own candidate, which is good, but the entire time, they pretty much had the same policies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information