Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: ‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence

So the girl in the pic is pregnant and can't zip up her pants? So he unzipped his in solidarity? okee dokee.
    BITTER likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Her Daphne hair is on point.
    OrangeSlice, czb, mostroop and 2 others like this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

I read that He was doing his take on Trailer Park Boys. One of the characters always wears a black t shirt and has a glass of rum in his hands. I can see that but the fact that he’s a fan of the show shows that his viewing habits are R rated. This man has deep dark secrets.

He's butt slime. Let him burn.
    needmeds likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    And I'm just waiting on the scandal that finally takes down Franklin Graham. Samaritan's Purse is based near here and I know quite a few people that have worked there or still work there and tons more that volunteer there during their Christmas Box program. You're not allowed to say anything bad about FP or their philosophies and you're not allowed to work there at all if you disagree with any of their religious views. And he's got so much to hide.
    One of the captains I worked for does work for Samaritan's Purse. She was and is one of the most insufferable people I've ever worked for. The officers hated doing unit visits with her in the command vehicles because she would only allow religious music on the two, sometimes three hour drives. They hated her. She was always talking about religion and unfairly treated two of the openly lesbian officers we had there. She tried to get them in trouble and it backfired on her and she was forced to retire because she was not people-oriented. She started doing work for Samaritan's Purse after she got out and even got married to another volunteer there. Proof that there is someone for everyone.
    Novice likes this.

fgg

i want to see what the other instragram pics were that he posted.
    BITTER likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

See, it's not the act, but the two-faced hypocrisy...all the lecturing about not being pure and living in "God's" name....it's all bullshit when stuff like this is found out. Who can he lecture now?
    Beeyotch, mostroop and fgg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    After Falwell Stumbles, His Hometown Sees a Leader in Need of Redemption

LYNCHBURG, Va. — At the Tree of Life Ministries, down the road from Liberty University, the senior pastor, Mike Dodson, did not have to look very far for sermon material about sin, redemption and what’s expected of a Christian.

“You have watched one of the most influential leaders of this city, of the country and the world, the Christian community, go down,” Dodson said, bent with passion. “The Christian community is being laughed at.”

Jerry Falwell Jr., a close ally of President Donald Trump and one of the most prominent evangelical leaders in the country, has weathered one controversy after the next in recent years. But in the community that has been at the center of the religious empire he and his father have presided over for decades, he finally pushed the limits of his support too far after he shared an image on social media that left many angered and offended.

In it, he had his pants unbuttoned and his arm around a woman who was not his wife. In an accompanying post, he had a glass of what he described as “black water” that appeared to be alcohol.

The university said Friday that Falwell, who was the university’s president, and the board of trustees had “mutually agreed that it would be good for him to take an indefinite leave of absence.” The university did not elaborate on the reasons for the decision, but it came amid the rancor incited by the photograph.

Falwell has long been respected by many in Lynchburg, Virginia, who saw him playing an essential role in defending evangelical Christians. But after a string of controversies, there was also a sense that he needed to be removed as university president and chancellor, at least temporarily, and redeem himself if he wanted to return to Liberty and retain his position of authority within the broader movement.

So at Tree of Life and other congregations, whether or not Falwell was front and center in sermons, he was an inescapable presence.

“He’s political and a fighter,” said David Sosin, who teaches at Liberty University. “But I’m grateful that he’s stepping away.”

Sosin said his son is a student at the university and has been made uncomfortable by some of Falwell’s past remarks. Yet he contended that those statements had been blown out of proportion.

“We have a new level of scrutiny where we sanitize people, leaders, politicians,” Sosin said. “I’m hoping that will die down a little now at Liberty.”

In recent months, Falwell has been denounced for tweets involving Blackface and Ku Klux Klan imagery as well as for his decision to reopen the campus in March as the coronavirus pandemic was exploding. (He has also sparred with news organizations covering the university, including The New York Times.)

But it was the photograph that ignited the largest uproar.

“There are limits,”
    Grant Wacker, professor emeritus of Christian history at Duke Divinity School, said. “Evangelicals will forgive an awful lot. But sexual transgression of that sort, pushing the line that hard,” he said, “there are so many layers to it that are appalling.”

Students at Liberty University agree to adhere to a strict code known as the “Liberty Way,” a handbook that, in some pages, isn’t all that different from what would be seen on a secular campus, with rules on plagiarism and cheating.

But the Liberty Way ventures further. Rules bar sex outside of marriage and the consumption of alcohol, reflecting the values that draw students to the university and its mission to develop “Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge and skills essential to impact the world.”

In the photograph, which Falwell posted and deleted on Instagram, many students, faculty members and alumni said it looked like he was flouting that code.
    Christians are ridiculed all the time - when they are hypocritical dicks. There are many of them and they deserve it.
    It tells you alot about them that racism is ok but they make a massive deal out of this photo - and isn't "black water" just cocacola? Is that banned too???
    Also by reading so much more into this photo, that tells me all I need to know about the people making the assumptions (like what are they hiding???)
    BITTER and OrangeSlice like this.

fgg

Jerry Falwell Jr. says his wife had an affair with the Florida 'pool boy,' claims they were being blackmailed

Suspended Liberty University leader Jerry Falwell Jr. confirmed to Washington Examiner columnist Paul Bedard late Sunday that his wife, Becki Falwell, had an affair with a young man they befriended and went into business with in Florida eight years ago. In a long statement, Falwell said he and his wife "forgave each other" — he suggested he had also "important smaller things" to atone for, quoting a Bible verse about visual adultery — and had decided to come forward because his wife's former lover had been extorting them for "huge amounts of monies" to stay quiet. "I'm just tired of it," Falwell told Bedard.

Falwell said the young man — Giancarlo Granda — had created a "'fatal attraction' type situation," referring to a famous 1987 movie in which a jilted extramarital lover boiled a pet rabbit, among other acts of retaliatory intimidation. Granda, 21 at the time of the affair, told the Examiner in an email that "any allegation of extortion" is false, "defamatory, and belied by clear documentary evidence," adding that the attempt by the Falwells "to sandbag me" with this "last-minute story" just "reeks of desperation," and "the WHOLE truth will come out."

The salacious nature of the relationship between the Falwells and Granda emerged when Michael Cohen, the former fixer and lawyer for President Trump, told comedian Tom Arnold in a secretly taped conversation that he had destroyed risqué "personal" photographs involving the "pool boy" on behalf of Falwell weeks before Falwell unexpectedly endorsed Trump for president.

Falwell said Sunday he "was not involved" in his wife's "inappropriate personal relationship" with Granda, and mentioned "fantastic" and "prurient, untrue aspects" of the relationship "based on the individual's misrepresentations."

Liberty University, a conservative evangelical Christian college founded by Jerry Falwell Sr., confirmed Friday that Falwell has been placed on indefinite paid suspension while the university investigates "various rumors and claims" about him and decides if he will be fired. He makes about $1 million a year as president of Liberty University, The News & Advance reports.

Falwell, 58, has been on leave since apologizing for posting (then deleting) a photo of himself with his arm around a woman, both their pants partially unzipped, at a "Trailer Park Boys" costume party on a 164-foot, six-bedroom yacht owned by NASCAR mogul Rick Hendrick. Falwell's family has reportedly been taking family vacations on the yacht since Liberty University signed a multi-million-dollar sponsorship deal with Hendrick Motorsports.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jerry-fal...061600284.html

fgg

Update: Granda confirms the affair, suggests that it went on “for years,” and that it was an actual cuckold situation, whereby Jerry Falwell watched while Granda and his wife had sex. From Reuters:

“Becki and I developed an intimate relationship and Jerry enjoyed watching from the corner of the room,” Granda said in an interview. Now 29, he described the liaisons as frequent - “multiple times per year” - and said the encounters took place at hotels in Miami and New York, and at the Falwells’ home in Virginia.

https://www.pajiba.com/politics/jerr...change_article

Hahahahahhahahahahahah!!!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

i love a good evangelical sex scandal!
    i want to see this fucker squirm and i hope the pool boy has more receipts (and photos!) for the press.
    Beeyotch, fgg and OrangeSlice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

So they are all avoiding the part of this "relationship" where Falwell sucks off the pool boy while the wife watches? The rest of the story they've been avoiding for years is now all true, we just gonna leave that part out? I couldn't give a shit less about what consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom, but when it's an evangelical hero, the gross hypocrisy means you get fucking dragged.
    Mivvi21, emkat and Jadestone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i love a good evangelical sex scandal!
    i want to see this fucker squirm and i hope the pool boy has more receipts (and photos!) for the press.
    He does have the receipts. Apparently, he taped incriminating phone calls among the three of them and has played them for the press already. This Falwell dude probably never wanted to take over the university, but basically it was a cash cow he couldn't turn down when his dad died. I feel for Fallwell's kids, who are getting dragged through this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information