Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Shockingly, Newt Gingrinch slams Barack Obama over Chavez handshake

Elite Member

Default re

The reading or not reading is a tough one. I mean, I have no intention to read Sarah Palin's book, or Joe the Plumber's book. I'm pretty sure those are crap.

As far as the book Chavez gave Obama...Most North Americans don't know much about Latin America. Yet we share a hemisphere and so many Americans come from there. I think we'd be better off learning as much as we can about LA, including why some people there think the way they do.

I don't know...Does this mean that I should read SP's book?

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    The reading or not reading is a tough one. I mean, I have no intention to read Sarah Palin's book, or Joe the Plumber's book. I'm pretty sure those are crap.

As far as the book Chavez gave Obama...Most North Americans don't know much about Latin America. Yet we share a hemisphere and so many Americans come from there. I think we'd be better off learning as much as we can about LA, including why some people there think the way they do.

I don't know...Does this mean that I should read SP's book?
    I have no desire to read those books either, guess ill hear about that too.
    Thanks Sweetie...and for the record, Im not a republican, I just voted for one this time around, and for me it was the lesser of two evils since I didnt care for either one of them. Im supportive of who is in office.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

A couple of things...

As far as judging the 'worthiness' and 'truthiness' (LOL) of a book one hasn't read:

When you weigh an out-of-the-blue idiot with newfound celebrity and no intellectual credentials slapping together a book for money and future fame compared to scholar using evidence and research to establish a thesis and little monetary interest it is logical to think the latter holds more water. Of course, not reading a book, these are all assumptions.

Also, there is the excellent point that if you do not wish to read a book, then you do not read a book. You do not therefore cram it up someone else's orifices and have a bonfire with it later.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    A couple of things...

As far as judging the 'worthiness' and 'truthiness' (LOL) of a book one hasn't read:

When you weigh an out-of-the-blue idiot with newfound celebrity and no intellectual credentials slapping together a book for money and future fame compared to scholar using evidence and research to establish a thesis and little monetary interest it is logical to think the latter holds more water. Of course, not reading a book, these are all assumptions.

Also, there is the excellent point that if you do not wish to read a book, then you do not read a book. You do not therefore cram it up someone else's orifices and have a bonfire with it later.
    LOL so thats the part that got me in trouble...
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information