Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sergeant Jopek's bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    We still had a laugh when he said " I have a bracelet too" I would have laughed if it was the other way around..sounds like 2 kids on the playground..
    There you are! At least you found something to smile about. Hard as it was.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am trying to understand what's the confusion here? Jopek's mom said she was ecstatic that Obama told another version to the story?? What's the problem??
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I wouldn't say she was ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
    I wouldn't say she was ecstatic.
    The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" during Friday's debate when Senator Barack Obama mentioned the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.
    ecstatic..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I heard the same thing. She was "estatic" to have her son mentioned, and for people to hear the other side.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Like I said, I wouldn's say ecstatic.

The verdict on Obama’s bracelet

posted at 8:30 am on September 29, 2008 by Ed Morrissey
    Send to a Friend | printer-friendly

Yesterday, people pointed out that Barack Obama had been asked to stop wearing the bracelet of Sgt. Ryan Jopek by his mother Tracy, who had given it to him early this year but had second thoughts about his using it as part of his campaign speeches. The Associated Press got in touch with Tracy Jopek, who confirmed that but also said she had no problem with Obama’s use of the bracelet in the debate:
    After Tracy Jopek gave Sen. Barack Obama a bracelet in honor of her son who was killed in Iraq, she asked Obama not to mention the bracelet on the campaign trail.
    But Jopek told The Associated Press on Sunday that she’s satisfied with how Obama discussed it during last week’s presidential debate. …
    “His response in the debate was exactly that, a response, after John McCain put it out there first,” she said. “I think it was an appropriate response — he was just saying there’s another side to the story, there’s two different viewpoints.”
    Ms. Jopek also said her ex-husband mischaracterized her viewpoint during his interview on a Wisconsin public radio talk show. She asked Obama to stop talking about the bracelet out of respect for the feelings of other Gold Star families who still support the war. She was afraid the issue would get exploited by anti-war groups, and apparently she doesn’t want to become the next Cindy Sheehan. Ryan’s father Brian may feel differently about his son’s sacrifice (Brian is currently stationed in Guantanamo Bay), but Brian Jopek didn’t give Obama the bracelet.
    We can criticize Obama for his delivery and for forgetting Jopek’s name in that moment of the debate, but Obama didn’t disrespect Tracy Jopek’s wishes.

Hot Air Blog Archive The verdict on Obama’s bracelet

I can't believe there's a discussion about who told who to wear a bracelet.

Clearly it is the most important issue in the campaign.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Why are we fighting about this issue? She asked Obama not to mention her son in his speeches, she didn't tell him to stop wearing the bracelet AND she confirmed that he did not violate that request in the debate. Done and done.

Grimm & Cupcake - please stop responding to each other. You 2 are taking over the entire board and ruining every thread with this playground kindergarten crap. I appreciate your opinions on the issues being discussed but you are adding pages and pages of nothing constructive with 'me too' 'no you' 'i'm not touching you' silliness.

Funny, I thought I was discussing the topic. The ignore button can be used if you like. I don't plan on altering my interaction with anybody.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I can't believe there's a discussion about who told who to wear a bracelet.
    I know right. People are actually asking for facts and proof of wrong doing over a silly bracelet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Why are we fighting about this issue? She asked Obama not to mention her son in his speeches, she didn't tell him to stop wearing the bracelet AND she confirmed that he did not violate that request in the debate. Done and done.

Grimm & Cupcake - please stop responding to each other. You 2 are taking over the entire board and ruining every thread with this playground kindergarten crap. I appreciate your opinions on the issues being discussed but you are adding pages and pages of nothing constructive with 'me too' 'no you' 'i'm not touching you' silliness.
    It really takes away from the side they support when people act like that.

Question: Why would someone be mad that Obama is wearing the bracelet if they GAVE it to him, obviously to WEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I guess you missed the above story in your searches though. It must be because Obama is THE ANTI CHRIST.
    You know, I missed this anti-Christ thing you guys keep talking about? Who posted Obama was the anti-Christ? Seriously?! LOL

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I dont get how people can call him that.
    Religion is overrated...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information