Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senator Barack Obama finally seals Democratic nomination

Oh i doubt that. She already said she expects Obama to offer to her and then she'll decline.

Her people then said he "better not offer it to another woman after"

Like, who the fuck are you? Oh right, the people that lost. Piss off.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This is interesting....

June 4, 2008 --

Barack Obama clinched the Democratic nomination for president last night, propelling him to history as the first black standard-bearer for either major party.

"Tonight, I can stand before you and say that I will be the Democratic nominee for president of the United States," Obama said during a huge rally in St. Paul, Minn. - the city where John McCain will accept the GOP nomination this summer.

PHOTO GALLERY: Barack Obama's Campaign

MORE: Full Text Of Obama's Speech Last Night

Appearing overwhelmed, Obama paused for a long period as the crowd of roughly 17,000 people at the Xcel Energy Center erupted in wild applause and sign-waving.

Another 15,000 people were outside, and chants of "Yes we can!" - Obama's catch phrase - were heard throughout his speech.

"Tonight we mark the end of one historic journey with the beginning of another - a journey that will bring a new and better day to America," he said.

Obama's victory will be made official with the vote of delegates at the Democratic convention in late August.

It sets up a race between a 46-year-old opponent of the Iraq war and John McCain, a 71-year-old former Vietnam POW and supporter of the current US military mission. In his remarks, Obama complimented Hillary Rodham Clinton and even mentioned her husband, Bill, who's been deeply critical of him.

Singling her out for praise for her stance on universal health care and poverty and calling her campaign "barrier-breaking," he said, "Our party and our country are better off because of her, and I am a better candidate for having had the honor to compete with Hillary Rodham Clinton."

He tried to call her twice following the speech - but got her voicemail. She finally returned the call as his plane was about to fly out of St. Paul to Washington.

MORE: Hill's Still Not Giving Up | Peyser: Hillary's Not Even a Good Loser

He offered to meet with her, but nothing was finalized.

OBAMA CAPTURES HISTORIC PRIZE - New York Post

Hmmmm......

I was surprised about the praise he gave her. I thought it showed a lot of class and respect for his fellow candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I was surprised about the praise he gave her. I thought it showed a lot of class and respect for his fellow candidate.
    That's standard politics. They all play the game. Tear each other down and then kiss and make up.

^^ That's the truth. I laugh when people say it shows he has class...

S.O.P. for politicians. All of them. Them's the rules....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    That's standard politics. They all play the game. Tear each other down and then kiss and make up.
    That's definately politics. She would be doing the same thing if it was the other way around.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

whatever, I thought his speech was a heck of a lot nicer to both Clinton and McCain than either of their speeches were about him. I realize it's politics and that they have to be nice but I still thought it showed him in a better light.

Gold Member

I bet he's not crying about the superdelegates picking the nominee anymore.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

well after the delegates went over to him, and he got the popular vote, all that's left was the supers
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    well after the delegates went over to him, and he got the popular vote, all that's left was the supers
    That's right, he got the delegates, he got the popular vote, then the super delegates.

If he was playing politics, he would have said a few words. Not the things he said to her. He has always said nice, and gracious things about her while giving her respect, even when she put him down... he was both nice to McCain, and her..he went above and beyond. It's not politics, it politeness!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'm glad he made it, I really like him and I can't stand Hillary.
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    yeah I'm sure it has nothing to do with him wanting to make sure her supporters to vote for him now

anyways congrats to him, obviously I would have liked Hillary to be the nom, but we can't always get what we want in life

Hit By Ban Bus!

Is it over, or is it only the first episode?

(I hope its over, but she isn't going away yet)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8lvc-azCXY[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    yeah I'm sure it has nothing to do with him wanting to make sure her supporters to vote for him now
    although it appears his supporters are doing everything they can to insure they don't pick up any of her supporters votes...

Like the petition here on GR....and people still referring to her by rude names....

But hey, it's not like they need those supporters.....oh, wait, they do
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^ exactly, it's not very smart at all, the best way to get all of her supporters (and she had millions) behind Obama is by respecting them- not ridiculing them. But oh well, I guess people won't mind Bush part deux for 8 years.

**Hint hint to all the people making fun of her and her supporters**

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information