Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Screw you neocon fundie weirdos! - a rant

Default Re: Screw you neocon fundie weirdos! - a rant

Do recall she left college, probably before or at the instant this was added to the roster..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^That's right. And universities are hellholes of dangerous, leftist, thinking.

Damn you, Moomies! You outed me!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    Yikes. Why so angry?
    I've been trying to figure that one out since the first day she attacked us with her opinions but it's a sisyphian task.

When a woman calls other women "broads" it's always a tip-off that there's some irrational anger brewing. What makes one woman a "broad" and not another? Define "broad". Why would you use it? Makes no sense.

It's not like I'm the spokesperson for the pro-life movement!!! I believe what I say and now I'm an A-hole? One doesn't need to have a degree to have opinions- not in America- maybe you do in England, France, or even certain parts of Guatalahara- not in America.

No, but a degree helps you be informed about those opinions instead of just repeating little understood arguments
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

We're not asking if you have opinions. We're asking you to back up those opinions by either coherently presenting arguments to support them or to present the research of those who can think logically.

BTW: I believe you mean "Guadalajara." Don't need a degree to use a dictionary. However, should you decide to get one: http://www.udg.mx/idiomas/ingles/index.html

[quote=Grimmlok]No, but a degree helps you be informed about those opinions instead of just repeating little understood arguments [/quote A degree also helps you to look at a situation from all angles, instead of just one. Another benefit of an educational background is that it can help you to realize that anyone who disagrees with you is not necessarily a tool of Satanic evil.

What the argument here comes down to, is not whether a woman should have the right to choose or not. In the end, it comes down to what you believe is or is not life.

(Most) pro-choicers believe that fetuses are not yet humans, at least for the 1st and prolly 2nd trimesters. However, pro-lifers, believe that life begins at conception.

There.

Ah ah.. they're called "Forced Pregnancy Nazi's" now, because if they had their way that's what it would amount to.

A removal of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    It's still bunk because it's a belief backed up by nothing but opinion. Same as "life doesn't start till yer born". How do you quantify what is essentially a matter of opinion? When you have conclusive evidence either way, it stops being an opinion.
    I agree with the bolded part of your first statement. Not that my belief is bunk, but I've never said that it wasn't anything but opinion. But anyone else's different opinion on this subject, including yours, is likewise "bunk" by your own definition.

Like I keep repeating, I'm totally up for seeing some credible studies. Until then, I'll just go with what makes sense for me. Same as you.

We don't have that, so what we have is "belief". However, the forced pregnancy nazis assert that their BELIEF is indeed fact, based mostly on the hallucination that Jebus spelled it out in their cereal some morning.
    I'm not a Forced-Pregnancy nazi, so you simply can't be referring to me, and I've never said my opinion is fact. Where do I fit in all this sterotyping?

No, I'm not tripping up on anything. I just can't prove it right at present because it requires some digging and i'm still at blippin work!
    This refers to my contention that you can't prove that I ever used religion in an attempt to bolster my beliefs about abortion or when life begins. Heck, I don't even go to church. Yeah, I love Jesus, but I have no clue how He feels about this subject. He's never told me.

Why can't you just admit that you *might* be mistaken on this point?

I said MOSTLY, dear. Especially coming from the direction of the Forced-Pregnancy nazis.
    I still contend that morals & ethics may be incorporated into a debate by perfectly rational non-rabid humanists with absolutely no connection with religion. I'm surprised you think otherwise. Where'd you get your statistics for that "mostly"???
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Ok, here's my opinion. A fetus, for most of the stages of pregnancy, has no more biological complexity nor dependence, than say a liver. And it is not illegal to hurt yourself or to kill yourself, so, to have an abortion I think should have the same repurcussions as an attempted suicide. That is, a recording of the incident, and periodic monitering and checking in from a professional because abortion should never become a viable alternative to birth control. It should be available, but it should be difficult and onerous to obtain. Pregnancies (excluding rape which is a special circumstance), are not like food poisoning where you can catch it by accident. In my opinion, abortion should be possible to obtain, but still discouraged.

Just my humble opinion!

I've had enough of this subject and I don't need the hassle from a bunch of used up cleats.

Convenient, considering you're backed into a corner

LOGIC PREVAILS!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information