Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sarah Palin's son-in-law gets job he's not qualified for, gee wonder why..

Add:

And if he electrocutes someone or starts a fire because he was unqualified for the job and didn't understand basic algebra, and, by golly, your company is sued for knowingly hiring someone who didn't meet the minimum education standards, remember that that's the American way--lying to get what you what. It worked for me, also, too, you betcha."

Elite Member

Default re

1. "Knowing someone" is the classic way to get a job--not just in the US, but everywhere. You don't even have to know the governor. You've just got to be so-and-so's son, friend's son, etc.

2. Sticking to educational requirements (high school diploma or GED) and job prerequisites is important--that's the real story. As someone else pointed out, it's potentially dangerous to employ someone who might not have basic reading/math skills. Plus, if you can drop out of high school and get into a good apprenticeship program b/c you know someone, where's the incentive to complete high school?

3. I feel sorry for Levi, as his relationship to all this political stuff is so tangential. He has a loser mom, and his an 18 year old father. But it's time for Levi to man up, get his GED, and earn himself a living and the right to be a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm not surprised.

To be a legacy or have connections are the only ways to get into a good paying blue collar union in my state......like electricians, plumbers, iron workers, carpenters, etc.

You cannot get into these unions on your own. I imagine it's the same in most other states.
    My friend's husband is working his way to being an electrician in Washington state. He got in the old fashioned way--he applied and met the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    My friend's husband is working his way to being an electrician in Washington state. He got in the old fashioned way--he applied and met the requirements.
    Washington must be less corrupt than NY

I'm glad to hear that there are places where fairness still counts for something.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

He's not a son-in-law. He's a baby daddy.

And even if McDonald's had positions open...McDonald's has standards.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Washington must be less corrupt than NY

I'm glad to hear that there are places where fairness still counts for something.
    Things can vary regionally from state to state so much. Part of the reason why The Sopranos was set in the Tri-State area instead of the west coast. Not saying the mafia doesn't exist in some form out west, but it doesn't have the foothold in some areas that it has or had in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Same with a friend, he's a millwright apprentice. Not always the case though. I am hoping he can use his clout to get my son in (who is a HS graduate).

From an Alaskan blog:
    Defending Dan

(1/10/09) Our friend and fellow blogger Dan Fagan has come under attack for raising the question about how the governor's future son in law, landed a position as an electrical apprentice without meeting minimum qualifications; primarily not having a high school diploma or a GED.

Emails by Fagan's critics (link below) and letters to the editor in the Anchorage Daily News have been merciless. In today's ADN, Vince Beltrami President of the AFL/CIO takes off after Dan for not doing enough research before he penned his piece.

"If only Fagan had done a minimal amount of accurate research, then perhaps his attempt at skewering the governor would have come off as something more than his typical vitriolic blowhard message of hate disguised as "journalism," Beltrami writes in his opinion column.
    In fact Fagan had done accurate research to support his main contention.

Fagan's main contention was that the governor's future son in law got a position without the proper qualifications.

This was proven accurate by his research.
    In Fagan's initial column he reported that he contacted the sponsor company of the apprentice program and confirmed that one of the company's core requirements was that participants must have a high school diploma or a GED equivalent.

When asked how the governor's future son in law got the job after admitting that a high school diploma was a necessity, the company spokesman couldn't or wouldn't say how the eighteen year old high school dropout got the job.

Fagan might have been wrong in asserting that all apprentice programs require a high school diploma, but the program that mattered, the one the governor's future son in law was enrolled in, certainly held that requirement.
    But there is more surrounding the whole discussion about Governor Palin's future son in law being high school drop out and all of the shrill voices seeking to attack those who are simply reporting on the facts.
    Yesterday, Pat Dougherty the Senior Vice President and Editor of the Anchorage Daily News was a guest on the Mike Porcaro Radio Program. According to Dougherty, Palin sent him an email in December 31, 2008 asking about the Daily News running stories that stated her future son in law was a high school drop out.
    Palin's implication was that the ADN was being unfair and untruthful.
    I took the email very seriously and spent most of my day crafting a response, Dougherty told Porcaro. He said his email reply to Palin stated that they had three stories since September, all from the Associated Press, that said Levi Johnston was a high school drop out.

Dougherty than said he offered to print a retraction/correction if the governor would verify that Johnston was in fact not a high school drop out. According to Dougherty, Palin never replied to the email even though she received it on December 31, 2008, the same day she had sent her original complaint.
    On January 5, 2009, five days after ignoring Dougherty's offer to print a retraction about Johnston being a high school dropout, Palin sat for an interview with a film maker doing a documentary on how the media treated conservatives like Palin unfairly during the election.
    Palin said this about the media in her interview:

"This report that Bristol and Levi are high school dropouts and they're just going to look for government handouts to raise their child, that couldn't be further from the truth. I asked some in the media to correct that and they haven't corrected that and that gets frustrating."

So let me get this straight; five days after the media offers to correct the story about Levi Johnston being a high school drop out if Palin will simply confirm that Johnston is not a high school drop out, Palin tells a conservative filmmaker in a documentary about bias in the media, that the media is biased because it hasn't corrected the story about Johnston?
    The fog of Palin's narcissism is getting so thick you couldn't even cut it with a high school diploma.
    Meanwhile, Pat Dougherty at the Anchorage Daily News was still waiting for a response from Palin to verify that Levi was not a high school dropout so he could correct the story.

Read about Fagan's emails:
    E-Mails show most angry with me over Levi Johnston story | The Alaska Standard

Defending Dan | AndrewHalcro.com

The fog of Palin's narcissism is getting so thick you couldn't even cut it with a high school diploma.
    In a nut shell.

A Day In The Life..........

(Author's Note: Any resemblance to actual real life public figures is either purely coincidental or the result of hours of interviews.)

1/12/09 - With one quick pull, the faux Burberry scarf comes unwrapped from around the governor's neck as she strolls into the office, the clock reads 10:00am. Seems earlier than normal she says to herself.

While the governor huddles in her office with her assistants cackling and complaining about the prior days media coverage and Dan Fagan in general, the governor's husband makes a bee line to the inner office to talk to a staff member.
    I want the windows on the Suburban tinted really dark; we need privacy when we drive into town, the first spouse says.
    But the staff member knows that the request for darker tinted windows isn't because of a desire for privacy, it's because over the last few months complaints have been filed about the governor's apparent disregard of posted speed limits on the Glenn Highway.

After being told that the vehicles factory tint on the windows is the darkest allowed by Anchorage Municipal code, he stalks off as if looking for another answer from another staff member. The governor's husband has become a permanent fixture in the office, more so than any previous first spouse.

Later that morning, the phone rings in a staff members office and its a commissioner saying he's having a hard time getting in to see the governor. The employee calls up the governor's schedule and sees nothing but blank spaces.

However, the employee has grown quite accustomed to seeing a blank daily schedule for this governor. The employee has also seen where the schedule has been modified with meetings the governor did not actually attend.
    In the first eighteen months of the governor's term, the governor has held less than six full cabinet meetings.

Her failure to meet with community leaders, commissioners, lawmakers or even return phone calls has become legendary.
    If not for the prepared pep rally speeches to various civic groups or bill signing ceremonies where there is little substance, we wouldn't see the governor at all.

During the employee's tenure under former governors, their schedules were always full of meetings. Meetings where they did the talking instead of having their staff talk for them. The lack of substance during the business day is the reason why the current governor shed her security detail.

Forget Wooten. Given how much time she spends not working on state business, the bigger threat was having State Troopers hanging around while she's shopping or doing personal political interviews or photo shoots in her living room during the work day?

The truth is the operations of the governor's office has changed dramatically since this governor has taken over. The executive office now hosts more public relations people that public policy people. The governor's office was remodeled to make room for more in house PR people who are tasked with keeping the governor's image up on the national stage.
    In fact, this governor has spent more time over the last two years speaking to members of the national news media about her personal political aspirations than speaking to Chamber of Commerce members about her vision for the State of Alaska.
    Meanwhile the governor's spokesman is on the phone to a local reporter who has called to inquire about rumors swirling around about the governor's daughter and her boyfriend whho have just become proud parents. The type of rumors that could land a huge payday from inquiring minds.

Consider yourself fortunate because the governor hasn't even returned the phone calls of Barabara Walters or Chris Matthews, the former news reporter turned press flack says to the young local reporter.

But the reporter isn't buying the fortunate son angle. He's knows his intel is solid and the governor will have no choice but to pick up the phone and talk to him. And that she does.
    Later in the day, the governor's voice can be heard getting louder from her office.

A bill to cover the travel expenses for her children has landed on her desk and she is incredulous.
    From now on, if I get invited to an event I'm not accepting the invitation unless my children are also included and their airfare covered, she tells her assistant.

It's 3pm....time to head home.

Tell the commissioner to talk to the Chief of Staff she says to her assistant. Don't worry the governor says, I have my Blackberry. The governor's faux Burberry scarf can be seen trailing her into the elevator.

Sleep well Alaska, the state is in good hands.

A Day In The Life.......... | AndrewHalcro.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information