Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59

Thread: Sarah Palin's plan for tonight's debate

  1. #31
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    She's not going to give a straight answer on a single question. Betcha. She's just going to try to portray herself as a "regular" person, implying that she cares about the concerns of the middle class. She'll do that circular answer the question by restating the question over and over again and talk about being "ready" and "doing what's right for America" without ever explaining what any of that means. And millions of idiots out there are going to say she nailed it

    yeah, true. And like it or not she's not, she's a beauty queen, most 'regular people' are ugly. She shucked and jived her way to a governorship and a nom for national office. She's a fraud, as most people who only pay attention to the trappings are. I wish this could have been addressed somehow during the campaign, that people like her who only focus on the outside are people who can be stunted intellectually and emotionally, and this happens with attractive women way more than it should. It's like she's got a stump from an amputation, and it's her brain instead of one of her limbs.

  2. #32
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    What is the most disturbing is how far the republican ticket has managed to go with lying, smokescreens, flip-flops, and overt conning. People want to see McCain as the better man, so they convince themselves.

    As an American, even I am asking WTF is wrong with people in this country.



  3. #33
    Silver Member mintjelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I came across this article on DU- apparently she used index cards during the debates- but she wont be able to in the VP ones.
    Palin surprised Alaska rivals as confident debater | Politics | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

    By the way guys pics of her today has her hair down
    Yeah, people are already talking about her hair. Oh well...Bush got away with cheating, so I won't be surprised if she does too. Pisses me off though.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

  4. #34
    Elite Member Quazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Palin is going to attack Biden on foreign policy?
    She is an expert on Russia.

  5. #35
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,128

    Default

    I'm reading the Anderson Cooper 360 Blog and the comments there are encouraging. No one is buying her B.S.

    Best comment evah!

    Only in a Republican America is a black man who is a Harvard Educated Constitutional Scholar, with 8yrs as State Senator and 4 yrs as US Senator and member of the Foreign Relations Committe deemed not ready to lead yet a white evangelical ultra conservative woman, with 20 mos as Governor of Alaska and a Bachelor of Journalism considered ready on day one.

    America first my eye. It’s the republican base catering to their constituency of the easily fooled and narrow minded. It’s a disgrace that she is even on the ticket.

  6. #36
    Elite Member ana-mish-ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    Yeah, people are already talking about her hair. Oh well...Bush got away with cheating, so I won't be surprised if she does too. Pisses me off though.

    I hope there are some people in the audience with jammers - and I dont think it helped Bush when he wore one anyway- and the answers are short time frame - I still think she will flub even wearing a wire.

  7. #37
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I hope there are some people in the audience with jammers - and I dont think it helped Bush when he wore one anyway- and the answers are short time frame - I still think she will flub even wearing a wire.
    I think there's a chance it may confuse her more, having someone talking in her ear while she's trying to say something to stall. I wish like hell they'd call her out on it.

  8. #38
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    McCain has to face the music. He chose a scandalous, moronic, unqualified, albeit lucky, uneducated, regardless of which of her five colleges handed her a degree, close-minded, politically inept, whiny-voiced, attention-addicted, delusional, arrogant, self-absorbed twit as his running mate.

    If either McCain or Palin truly cared about the country, she would not have been considered, or she would have bowed out by now. She does not even have the qualifications to be a business executive's assistant, let alone the second most powerful person in the United States.

    I hope Tina Fey takes incredible notes tonight!
    Agree with everything you wrote. McCain keeps talking about how he puts 'country first' and then he's willing to put an idiot a heartbeat away from the presidency. Not even thinking that if he dies, or becomes incapacitated, that she has to take over. He's putting his political career first and country a distant second. And for somebody who likes to remind people EVERY SINGLE DAY that he was a POW, he should know better.

    And the funny thing is, I just came back from covering the opening of a Democratic campaign headquarters, and I asked some of the candidates and the Democratic chairperson, off the record, what they thought of Palin and they couldn't think of anything worthwhile to say about her. They just said she's making a mistake attacking Biden on foreign policy or anything else.

    As for Tina Fey, she's probably going to Tivo the debate.

  9. #39
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Agree with everything you wrote. McCain keeps talking about how he puts 'country first' and then he's willing to put an idiot a heartbeat away from the presidency. Not even thinking that if he dies, or becomes incapacitated, that she has to take over. He's putting his political career first and country a distant second. And for somebody who likes to remind people EVERY SINGLE DAY that he was a POW, he should know better.

    And the funny thing is, I just came back from covering the opening of a Democratic campaign headquarters, and I asked some of the candidates and the Democratic chairperson, off the record, what they thought of Palin and they couldn't think of anything worthwhile to say about her. They just said she's making a mistake attacking Biden on foreign policy or anything else.

    As for Tina Fey, she's probably going to Tivo the debate.
    I agree KC. As a parent, I would not place in my will that just anyone could have custody of my child if I became incapacitated. View the president as the parent and the Veep as the willed guardian. McCain is basically telling the US he doesn't give a damn what happens if he can't have the power, as long as this idiot can help him shuffle into the White House.

    I am glad you mentioned the POW issue. Remember how McCain pointed out Obama didn't understand the difference between strategy or tactics? Apparently, neither does McCain. The last time I checked, POWs somehow were captured. If he is the master military tactician he alludes to, he wouldn't have the POW banner to wave.

    Those you spoke to off the record know this pit bull is more like a teacup chihuahua. She barks, but no one takes her seriously.

    Tina Fey will be observing every frame in slow mo!



  10. #40
    Gold Member mamaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    fishcakes... blah blah blah
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    God fuck people are retards!
    Grimm, that's old news.

    I'm really tired of living in a country where being stupid and uninformed is okay.

  11. #41
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I agree KC. As a parent, I would not place in my will that just anyone could have custody of my child if I became incapacitated. View the president as the parent and the Veep as the willed guardian. McCain is basically telling the US he doesn't give a damn what happens if he can't have the power, as long as this idiot can help him shuffle into the White House.

    I am glad you mentioned the POW issue. Remember how McCain pointed out Obama didn't understand the difference between strategy or tactics? Apparently, neither does McCain. The last time I checked, POWs somehow were captured. If he is the master military tactician he alludes to, he wouldn't have the POW banner to wave.

    Those you spoke to off the record know this pit bull is more like a teacup chihuahua. She barks, but no one takes her seriously.

    Tina Fey will be observing every frame in slow mo!
    Exactly. Not to mention, he crashed his plane four or five times before he was captured and finished near the bottom of his class. Some military tactician.

  12. #42
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Exactly. Not to mention, he crashed his plane four or five times before he was captured and finished near the bottom of his class. Some military tactician.
    Only four or five? That is why he likes the name Maverick. I guess the nation will be Goose. *cue Kenny Loggins music*

    Are we sure this isn't Bush in a mask? Remember, he has "military" experience as well.



  13. #43
    SVZ
    SVZ is offline
    Do fish have boogers? SVZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,000,003,609

    Default

    Sarah Palin's preparation for the debate:

    Victoria Secret Ipex push up bra

    Chicken cutlets

  14. #44
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Only four or five? That is why he likes the name Maverick. I guess the nation will be Goose. *cue Kenny Loggins music*

    Are we sure this isn't Bush in a mask? Remember, he has "military" experience as well.
    Highway to the Danger Zone! That sums up McCain/Palin.

    And I think McCain is more dangerous than Bush. Bush is an idiot, but McCain actually has some brains. He's just not using them lately.

  15. #45
    SVZ
    SVZ is offline
    Do fish have boogers? SVZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,000,003,609

    Default

    at least he can blink in unison

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Plan B proposed for Friday's Presidential debate
    By Belinda in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: September 26th, 2008, 03:56 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: September 26th, 2008, 03:51 AM
  3. Sarah Palin's wasteful ways
    By ConstanceSpry in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 18th, 2008, 10:53 AM
  4. As if we didn't know: Sarah Palin's a big liar
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 18th, 2008, 01:30 AM
  5. Anyone watching Sarah Palin's speech?
    By january in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: September 5th, 2008, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •