Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin's plan for tonight's debate

joy... dumb vs. dumber
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Palin forgets quite a lot. At least she and the Crypt Keeper have senility in common. I love to see bonding between the generations.

If Biden is "old", McCain is prehistoric. I can't wait to witness one of the most epic failures in history.
    And if it happens, we get to watch Tina Fey put her own spin on it on SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Palin preparing for the debate probably includes some wild prayer, human sacrifice and a whole lotta listening to 'Eye of the Tiger'

or nothing at all....
    I swear to god you people are going to short out my keyboard.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The aide said Biden will be "keeping the eye on the target, which is McCain."
    I hope he sticks with this strategy and leaves Palin to shoot herself in the foot. Going after her will make him look like an asshole and she can hang herself without any help.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Again, he needs to keep her on the defensive.
    We all know she can't explain anything without losing herself in a blunder of words that are totally off topic.
    Then she won't have time to mock him over his age and other things that are completely irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    She doesn't have a chance. I don't want to sound "elitist" but Obama is probably helping to coach Biden, and they both have law degrees from highly respected universities, and she has a journalism degree from Podunk U. McCain has no law training either, he's just a military man through and through (and was at the bottom of his class). Obama and Biden have got it all over them with education and training.
    Co-signs.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I came across this article on DU- apparently she used index cards during the debates- but she wont be able to in the VP ones.
    Palin surprised Alaska rivals as confident debater | Politics | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

By the way guys pics of her today has her hair down
    Guess she'll have an earpiece then.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    Guess she'll have an earpiece then.
    They should have someone in there with a signal blocker just in case.

Listening to surrogates and aides to John McCain on Thursday, one is left with the impression that there is no great need for Gov. Sarah Palin to actually answer questions during tonight's vice presidential debate.

Indeed, the spin coming from McCain surrogates and strategists is that all Palin has to do is pass a sort of artificial personality test, in which she strikes an emotional thread with the average voter -- question, answers, or intellectual capacity be damned.

Such were the talking points mere hours before the debate in St. Louis, which peaked with Sen. Joe Lieberman - a man not unaccustomed to the pressures of such a forum - actually proclaiming that Palin's relative ignorance helped her relate to "regular people."

"She's not lived in the world of Washington, so she doesn't know every detail of all the questions senators deal with," Lieberman told NBC's Andrea Mitchell. "But, frankly, that's her strength. I think that's why a lot of regular people out across America think she's going to be their voice."

Mitchell interjected, "Senator, she wants to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. You know, that doesn't mean just being an average mom, it means bringing other skills."

But Lieberman stayed on the point, stating later, "I think tonight is not a kind of final college exam. I think the point is who is she as a person... Whether she can answer every detailed question, I don't think that ultimately matters to the American people so long as they think she passes those other personal thresholds."

It was the ultimate setting of expectations -- a political get-out-of-jail-free card should Palin stumble this evening. And it wasn't an isolated incident. Over on Fox News, Chris Wallace was relaying a conversation with a McCain "strategist" in which the metrics for debate success were once again defined in strictly personal terms.
    "They say they want to show that she is plain spoken, that she relates to Joe Six-Pack and embrace the contrast her to a smooth-talking Washington insider like Joe Biden," Wallace reported. "I said: 'But what if she does not know some of the answer to something?' They said, 'Look, she should not be embarrassed by that. She should say 'I'm not a Washington insider. I'm going to learn about that but I was a reformer in Alaska and I shook things up.'"

Earlier in the day on Fox News, McCain aide Meg Stapleton was also playing up Palin's "Joe Six-Pack" attributes, even arguing that Palin's "experience as an ordinary American" qualified her to be "one heartbeat away" from the Oval Office... "god forbid."

"So if it's the economic crisis, she can certainly speak to the fact that she carries a mortgage. She's got kids ready to go to college, she has a son who is also heading off to the military. So from a military perspective, she is engaged just like any ordinary American. So if she is one heartbeat away, as she is one heartbeat away as a vice presidential candidate, and she assumes the presidency, god forbid -- in terms of John McCain, I don't wish ill, but as your question points -- if she becomes president of the United States, she is ready, and that is because she has the experience of an ordinary American who can get in there and knows what is on people's minds and what people need."

McCain Camp's Pre-Debate Spin: Palin Doesn't Need To Pass IQ Test

'adopting liberal positions'? man, if she says that I'd be so tempted to say, well what positions did you adopt with Brad Hanson...

one is left with the impression that there is no great need for Gov. Sarah Palin to actually answer questions during tonight's vice presidential debate.

This leads me to believe she has no grasp of the issues and didn't learn anything during her time at "debate camp."

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And if it happens, we get to watch Tina Fey put her own spin on it on SNL.
    McCain has to face the music. He chose a scandalous, moronic, unqualified, albeit lucky, uneducated, regardless of which of her five colleges handed her a degree, close-minded, politically inept, whiny-voiced, attention-addicted, delusional, arrogant, self-absorbed twit as his running mate.

If either McCain or Palin truly cared about the country, she would not have been considered, or she would have bowed out by now. She does not even have the qualifications to be a business executive's assistant, let alone the second most powerful person in the United States.

I hope Tina Fey takes incredible notes tonight!

Elite Member

She's not going to give a straight answer on a single question. Betcha. She's just going to try to portray herself as a "regular" person, implying that she cares about the concerns of the middle class. She'll do that circular answer the question by restating the question over and over again and talk about being "ready" and "doing what's right for America" without ever explaining what any of that means. And millions of idiots out there are going to say she nailed it

im sorry, she's going to be allowed to get away with "well shit, i dont know the answer to that, arent i fucking cute though?"

Are you for fucking real?

.. PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK THATS OK??!??1?1?1?1?1?

God fuck people are retards!

Jesus christ on a stick with crab juice!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

We've missed you today Grimm, stuck in meetings all afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Palin preparing for the debate probably includes some wild prayer, human sacrifice and a whole lotta listening to 'Eye of the Tiger'

or nothing at all....
    Moose sacrifices LOL. Spread the blood on her face and chant.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I came across this article on DU- apparently she used index cards during the debates- but she wont be able to in the VP ones.
    Palin surprised Alaska rivals as confident debater | Politics | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

By the way guys pics of her today has her hair down
    I noticed that too..hmm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information