Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin's ex-pastor Tim McGraw thinks GOP downplaying her religious beliefs

*redirects the signal so that some of McCorpses followers suddenly see the light*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Oh don't worry. I'm praying for that too Grimm.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Wow, that's an extremely racist statement. I have seen 'black' churches were no one is speaking in tongues.

If Palin wants to do that as part of her religious experience more power to her but you cannot just state that Obama does it too because everyone just knows that all black churches speak in tongues. It's tantamount to announcing that all Koreans are tight with a buck and all Irish drunks.

Grimm, I'm praying for you...heheheheh
    what??? they aren't??
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

LOL! I have never heard anyone say speaking in tongues was a language anyway.

I do know a lot of people believe it in. They get the spirit and stuff comes out. Kinda like when you get scared and other noises come out.

And am I the only one that is tired of people wanting others to be tolerant of their behavior, yet they don't give the same respect to others? It boggles my mind.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    LOL! I have never heard anyone say speaking in tongues was a language anyway.

I do know a lot of people believe it in. They get the spirit and stuff comes out. Kinda like when you get scared and other noises come out.

And am I the only one that is tired of people wanting others to be tolerant of their behavior, yet they don't give the same respect to others? It boggles my mind.
    Nope.. I feel the exact same way!

No you're not.....

Camille Paglia wrote this in her column this week and it's dead 'balls on' accurate Oh, and she's Dem and an Obama supporter

"The witch-trial hysteria of the past two incendiary weeks unfortunately reveals a disturbing trend in the Democratic Party, which has worsened over the past decade. Democrats are quick to attack the religiosity of Republicans, but Democratic ideology itself seems to have become a secular substitute religion. Since when did Democrats become so judgmental and intolerant? Conservatives are demonized, with the universe polarized into a Manichaean battle of us versus them, good versus evil. Democrats are clinging to pat group opinions as if they were inflexible moral absolutes. The party is in peril if it cannot observe and listen and adapt to changing social circumstances."

"The one fundamental precept that Democrats must stand for is independent thought and speech. When they become baying bloodhounds of rigid dogma, Democrats have committed political suicide"
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

I love this topic - those flinging the racist comments and the looney comments are the ones putting down people for their faiths.

My comment was not racist, I said black Baptist church - and let me tell you it's not a put down it's a blessing for not only the person in the spirit but for those around them too. Racist? It was a compliment!!
    My point is Obama never said this stuff about Sarah b/c he knows about being in the spirit and in our faith it's a good thing.

Kingcap - like I said you should have seen my face when I realized what I did. I was embarrassed but still I laughed my arse off.. it was like hum should I hide for a while and hopefully they will forget my name or just "own it" Oh my it is what it is..
    Last edited by GaPeach; September 10th, 2008 at 10:59 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

since I have been called a redneck --------

You might be a redneck if:It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God ."
    You might be a redneck if:You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places .
    You might be a redneck if:You still say " Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival ."
    You might be a redneck if:You bow your head when someone prays .
    You might be a redneck if:You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem
    You might be a redneck if:You treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have .
    You might be a redneck if:You've never burned an American flag, nor intend to .
    You might be a redneck if:You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening

Hit By Ban Bus!

You might be a redneck if: You think the last words to The Star Spangled banner are "Gentleman, start your engines".

^Thats one of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    No you're not.....

Camille Paglia wrote this in her column this week and it's dead 'balls on' accurate Oh, and she's Dem and an Obama supporter

"The witch-trial hysteria of the past two incendiary weeks unfortunately reveals a disturbing trend in the Democratic Party, which has worsened over the past decade. Democrats are quick to attack the religiosity of Republicans, but Democratic ideology itself seems to have become a secular substitute religion. Since when did Democrats become so judgmental and intolerant? Conservatives are demonized, with the universe polarized into a Manichaean battle of us versus them, good versus evil. Democrats are clinging to pat group opinions as if they were inflexible moral absolutes. The party is in peril if it cannot observe and listen and adapt to changing social circumstances."

"The one fundamental precept that Democrats must stand for is independent thought and speech. When they become baying bloodhounds of rigid dogma, Democrats have committed political suicide"
    Well, I think the problem here is that we have this little concept of separation of church and state that is fundamental to our democracy. I watched the religious right take over the Republican Party in Texas, and it was not a pretty thing. The goal most certainly is to legislate and govern according to pretty extreme religious beliefs. I don't care what Sarah Palin or anyone believes or observes in their religious life, so long as that religion stays out of my government. And guess what? Put this ticket in office and these nonsecular issues are NOT going to stay out of the government.

So what are the Dems supposed to do? When a large percentage of Republicans are solidly united by their religious dogma, but the Dems' energies are spread among a lot of different schools of thought, the Republicans will win elections every time.

And that's really all the Republicans know how to do well: win elections. They sure aren't too good at running stuff once they get into office.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

My friend and I were walking down the street and some guy came up to us and invited us to his Pentecostal church revival. He said his church sent him out to get at least 1 person to go and it was starting in a few minutes.

We went since we had never been to a Pentecostal church before, even though we didn't believe in all that.

Shit was crazy! They were speaking in tongues, people were fainting all over, people were praying all loud and crying. Then the preacher was doing that thing where they "read your mind" or whatever by putting their hand to your forehead and pushing you down until you fall, and screaming "Praise the Lord! You are saved!" while you lay on the floor.

It was too much. We left when it was over and I still laugh when I think about it. It was fun, kind of like watching an over the top movie. Didn't make me believe in anything, but I had nothing better to do that day.

^ My daddy went to one once and he got up and said, "that bitch is crazy", and then proceeded to run out the door. haha

"Speaking in tongues" is codeword for stringing together various familiar phoenemes nonsensically. I'd be more impressed if they started talking in KLINGON.

^ My daddy went to one once and he got up and said, "that bitch is crazy", and then proceeded to run out the door. haha

It was too crazy for my taste, but they were super nice to us. We had some old ladies put us in their row and they were sweet, giving us hugs. And we just clapped along and watched the whole thing like this:

Like I said, it was fun to watch the whole thing- like some kind of train wreck. I was expecting people to do backflips and set themselves on fire, that's how into it they were. It was so over the top it didn't seem real.

^ Yes, some of them are over the top. I know exactly what you are talking about. I have seen it first hand too.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information