Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 129

Thread: Sarah Palin's ex-pastor Tim McGraw thinks GOP downplaying her religious beliefs

  1. #46
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    I HAVE done my research, I've worked as a social worker and I have had way too much interaction with home schoolers. Not that it's actually any of your business. What qualifications do you have?

    Do you actually have anything to add to the conversation on the issues or are you going to just sling mud at individuals?
    I'm a teacher so I'd say I'm pretty darn qualified.

    Anything else?



  2. #47
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Home school kids outperform academically due to overbearing 1 on 1 personal attention.

    They also tend to be malfunctioning, socially retarded adults who don't have the necessary coping skills to deal with real life because they've been sheltered so long.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  3. #48
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Home school kids outperform academically due to overbearing 1 on 1 personal attention.

    They also tend to be malfunctioning, socially retarded adults who don't have the necessary coping skills to deal with real life because they've been sheltered so long.
    Hmm.. I've never seen a study that says that. Interesting..

    Generalize much?



  4. #49
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    They tend to be special lil' snowflakes unable to cope with the real world who end up in the social service system once it comes to the attention of people with a grasp of what proper child development looks like.

    9 year olds still wearing diapers yet can recite the pledge of allegiance backwards and forwards. 15 year olds that cannot understand why everyone at Little League makes fun of them for crying when striking out. And that contingent lacking anything beyond the tiniest iota of basic info on any subject.

  5. #50
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    They tend to be special lil' snowflakes unable to cope with the real world who end up in the social service system once it comes to the attention of people with a grasp of what proper child development looks like.

    9 year olds still wearing diapers yet can recite the pledge of allegiance backwards and forwards. 15 year olds that cannot understand why everyone at Little League makes fun of them for crying when striking out. And that contingent lacking anything beyond the tiniest iota of basic info on any subject.

    Again, generalize much...

    As a teacher I've had several home schooled kids come into my class and they are way ahead of my current students in all subjects and score higher on tests.

    And no, they're not special lil snowflakes or socially retarded.
    Sorry if that's your experience.. but I'm sure as a social worker you've also seen kids just as bad that have a public school education.



  6. #51
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    i said TEND TO BE. TEND. Not all. Not every last one.

    TEND TO BE. Ie: there is a greater chance than 50%
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  7. #52
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Grimm, I would break down the stats on the ones I've worked with to be 65% undereducated, 35% properly educated and 98% socially stunted.

    One compliment I can pay Palin is that she does not home school her children.

  8. #53
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    i said TEND TO BE. TEND. Not all. Not every last one.

    TEND TO BE. Ie: there is a greater chance than 50%
    You don't think that greater than 50% equals a generalization?



  9. #54
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Laynes, I have you on ignore so babble on. I'm not responding.

  10. #55
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Grimm, I would break down the stats on the ones I've worked with to be 65% undereducated, 35% properly educated and 98% socially stunted.

    One compliment I can pay Palin is that she does not home school her children.

    Out of curiosity, where do you work? A city, rural, or suburban area?



  11. #56
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Laynes, I have you on ignore so babble on. I'm not responding.
    LOL... will do!



  12. #57
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    You don't think that greater than 50% equals a generalization?
    No, it represents a ballpark percentile.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  13. #58
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    So Grimm, what do you find the scariest about Palin's religious beliefs? The whole Armageddon thing or the pray the gay away?

  14. #59
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    the fact that anybody can surrender what little mind they have to such useless, primitive nonsense and have legions follow suite.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  15. #60
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, it represents a ballpark percentile.



    We'll agree to disagree then. I'll just say this.. as a Teacher it's frightening to see how many students come to our school that have been homeschooled and still way outperform our students.

    I personally blame No Child Left Behind! Which is why I'm not voting Republican. Worst idea ever!



Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone watching Sarah Palin's speech?
    By january in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: September 5th, 2008, 09:04 AM
  2. Sarah Palin's church thinks it can "cure" gays. Up yours, bitch.
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 4th, 2008, 09:31 AM
  3. Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol is pregnant!!!! (again?)
    By ana-mish-ana in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 440
    Last Post: September 4th, 2008, 07:32 AM
  4. Sarah Palin's husband has past DWI arrest
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: September 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: November 30th, 2007, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •