Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol is pregnant!!!! (again?)

So she never ever learned anything that her mother didn't allow her to know. You can't tell me she didn't know about BC. I saw the pictures of her friends partying you can't tell me her and her friends never discussed it? They are able to get alcohol under age I'm sure they're able to get condoms.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Yeah because kids are as interested in condoms as they are in alcohol. Never heard a kid say "hey what are you doing Saturday? Lets go get us some condoms!" Most kids are irresponsible by nature until they are taught that they have something to fear. I had the fear of God put in me about getting pregnant when I was younger.

As much as people don't like to admit it, parents have a moral obligation to teach their kids more than "just don't do it." They could have had access to condoms but most likely not to the Pill, since its only done by prescription and most kids are scared in a small town of their parents finding out. Most likely they didn't realize just how important consistent birth control is if its not stressed - you would be surprised how many kids think they're okay if they just "pull out". Kids NEED to know this stuff, its not one of those things like "hey you're a big girl now, figure it out yourself." At least, I wouldn't want that on my conscience when my daughter gets knocked up by a local hillbilly.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

It is worrying that teen pregnancy is going back up-we need across the board sex education in ALL schools starting at 6th or 7th grade IMO. Sarah Palin! Wake up and smell the coffee. How many more young lives are going to be impacted by this backward twit of a Governor??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Oh come on, ALL 17yr olds at least know about condoms these days. Bristol's pregnancy(ies) is a big Fuck You to her absentee mother and the We're Just One Big Happy Family bullshit she puts out there.

And yeah - it was dinned into me from a very early age that pregnancy was something to fear and avoid at all costs. So I took the necessary precautions.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    It is worrying that teen pregnancy is going back up-we need across the board sex education in ALL schools starting at 6th or 7th grade IMO. Sarah Palin! Wake up and smell the coffee. How many more young lives are going to be impacted by this backward twit of a Governor??
    Not just to protect against unwanted pregnancies, but also STDs. I can't believe that parents could just ignore that little fact.

And A*O, you would not believe it, but kids nowadays often don't learn as much as they should about using CONSISTENT birth control. Yeah, call it stupidity - but wouldn't you rather educate them than have to support all of these pregnancies year after year?

I'm also sure when her mother was talking about not having sex she was also talking about what could happen, aides & pregnancy. I'm sure she was told all kinds of horrors about the premarital sexs. When it came down to the deed it was their choice. And they chose badly.

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh come on, ALL 17yr olds at least know about condoms these days. Bristol's pregnancy(ies) is a big Fuck You to her absentee mother and the We're Just One Big Happy Family bullshit she puts out there.
    Absolutely it was a big old Fuck You to Momma> kinda puts paid to the idea of the Perfect White Xian Family...

A*O

Teaching kids about birth control should be up there with reading, writing and arithmetic in my world. They need to know that it's not just about preventing a pregnancy and/or STDs, they need to be given a HUGE wakeup call about the reality of having an unplanned, unwanted baby and how it will totally fuck up their young, dumb lives one way or another. It has nothing to do with religious "morals" - it's about the impact it has on your education, your job prospects, even your relationship prospects - how many 20something men want to marry a girl with another man's toddler in tow? (we can assume the Babydaddy has long gone).

Pregnancy is short term consequence of unprotected sex - having a child to take care of lasts the rest of your life.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Silver Member

My apologies if this has already been posted...but there will be an Enquirer writeup, and it's saying that Sarah and Bristol had a falling-out...

SARAH PALIN AT WAR WITH HER DAUGHTER OVER PREGNANCY & WEDDING - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

Wonder if this is credible or not...
    Last edited by dragonlady; September 2nd, 2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spell check

apparently the Enquirer will be using the same team that broke the Edwards affair. You know whats ironic - its sad to see that its a tabloid rag that is actually digging up and vetting this. There will also also be more on Troopergate and the brother in law.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    There will also also be more on Troopergate and the brother in law.
    Good! Because I think what she did in Troopergate far outweighs what she's done to her daughter.

Gold Member

I'm 95% sure she's toast.

And if she isn't...McCain is. Some national polls may be showing that people "don't care" about this, but pretty much every Republican I know is totally disgusted by Sarah Palin.

I would also love to see more about her religious beliefs and that Dominion crap- Obama was affiliated with the Rev Wright, but what about this church.

ontd_political: EXTREMELY Informative Commentary On Sarah Palin....

This sums up perfectly what Palin stands for and the crap thats shes linked with.

The most relevant factor here is that Palin is an advocate for abstinence only. If she taught her daughter the same method she wanted taught in schools, the girl was only taught to not do it and not what to do if she chose to do it. That type of ignorance is not the fault of the daughter. Her mother is an idiot.

Yes, the daughter chose to go out and have sex. Yes, the daughter could have said no and this would not have happened. However, as a parent, it is my job to provide the education and tools necessary for my child to enter the world as enlightened as possible.

This is an epic fail for Palin. She has proven with her own family her stupidity does not work. She still will not admit her ideas are anachronistic and ineffective.

This woman has proven in less than two weeks to be totally inexperienced and nowhere near capable to handle the position she is nominated for. Her own party doesn't want her to open her mouth in public. Even they know she is detrimental to this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    The most relevant factor here is that Palin is an advocate for abstinence only. If she taught her daughter the same method she wanted taught in schools, the girl was only taught to not do it and not what to do if she chose to do it. That type of ignorance is not the fault of the daughter. Her mother is an idiot.

Yes, the daughter chose to go out and have sex. Yes, the daughter could have said no and this would not have happened. However, as a parent, it is my job to provide the education and tools necessary for my child to enter the world as enlightened as possible.

This is an epic fail for Palin. She has proven with her own family her stupidity does not work. She still will not admit her ideas are anachronistic and ineffective.

This woman has proven in less than two weeks to be totally inexperienced and nowhere near capable to handle the position she is nominated for. Her own party doesn't want her to open her mouth in public. Even they know she is detrimental to this campaign.
    Thank you! What I've been trying to say for the last two pages, you wrapped up in a few paragraphs and much more eloquently! I agree completely!

Thread Information