Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 441

Thread: Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol is pregnant!!!! (again?)

  1. #241
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Don't have a daughter yet, she's still in China and a glint her father's eye. But I would wholeheartedly support her and encourage her to keep the child. I wouldn't do anything different than what Palin is doing now.
    I know this is off topic, but I'm curious, how long have you been waiting for your daughter? I have friends that have been waiting FOREVER for their baby.

    Another question, on topic: you said you agree with Palin, so, you believe in abstinence before marriage, correct? If you believe so strongly in it, and teach your daughter that, and then she ends up pregnant anyway, there's no disappointment at all? I think that's my disconnect. How do you reconcile it? Family values = keeping a baby? So, it's OK for teens to become pregnant? Would you allow your daughter to take birth control? Would you discuss sex with her in practical terms so she thoroughly understands the consequences of her actions? Or, do you just tell her not to do it?

  2. #242
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Another question, on topic: you said you agree with Palin, so, you believe in abstinence before marriage, correct? If you believe so strongly in it, and teach your daughter that, and then she ends up pregnant anyway, there's no disappointment at all?
    AH! Tulip! I totally forgot that Palin is all about abstinence before marriage! And was reading they don't even have much sex ed in Alaska. WTF?

  3. #243
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I know this is off topic, but I'm curious, how long have you been waiting for your daughter? I have friends that have been waiting FOREVER for their baby.

    Another question, on topic: you said you agree with Palin, so, you believe in abstinence before marriage, correct? If you believe so strongly in it, and teach your daughter that, and then she ends up pregnant anyway, there's no disappointment at all? I think that's my disconnect. How do you reconcile it? Family values = keeping a baby? So, it's OK for teens to become pregnant? Would you allow your daughter to take birth control? Would you discuss sex with her in practical terms so she thoroughly understands the consequences of her actions? Or, do you just tell her not to do it?
    It is estimated I won't be going to China until 2012-2014. Its crazy!!!!

    Of course there would be disappointment. And it isn't ok nor does it condone teen pregnancy. Yes, I would allow her to go on birth control, and would calmly have a conversation with her that, yes, I want her to be abstinent, but if she's thinking of having sex, give her the options to be safe. I don't believe in 'hiding' things from children, especially when it comes to sex, age appropriate, of course.

    A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

  4. #244
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Don't have a daughter yet, she's still in China and a glint her father's eye. But I would wholeheartedly support her and encourage her to keep the child. I wouldn't do anything different than what Palin is doing now.

    But what if your girl didn't want to keep the child? What would you do then? What if you knew the pregnancy made her absolutely miserable?

    Though, with all this being asked, I certainly do hope you can get your daughter, soon.

  5. #245
    Elite Member kasippu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Just my two cents
    This woman is campaigning something even her own family does not believe in. How can she govern America.... She is a joke. She can not keep her own daughter in line how will she deal with world politics?
    You would think if you can go for VP you have to be convincing and obviously she was not convincing enough for her daughter.
    Apparently the boyfriend was more convincing maybe HE should become the next VP

  6. #246
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    But what if your girl didn't want to keep the child? What would you do then? What if you knew the pregnancy made her absolutely miserable?

    Though, with all this being asked, I certainly do hope you can get your daughter, soon.
    I would try my hardest to convince her to keep the baby or put it up for adoption. If she is old enough to understand the ramifications of her decision, though I would be heart broken and extremely sad, what else can I do but be a mother to my daughter and support her?

    kassipu, are you perfect? Have you ever made a mistake? Do you 100% agree with your parents?

    A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

  7. #247
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    I would try my hardest to convince her to keep the baby or put it up for adoption. If she is old enough to understand the ramifications of her decision, though I would be heart broken and extremely sad, what else can I do but be a mother to my daughter and support her?

    kassipu, are you perfect? Have you ever made a mistake? Do you 100% agree with your parents?
    Well, I don't agree with forcing an unhappy child to keep her pregnancy, but if that's your deal, then that's your deal.

  8. #248
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Well, I don't agree with forcing an unhappy child to keep her pregnancy, but if that's your deal, then that's your deal.
    Where did I say I'd force her?

    A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

  9. #249
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    What sucks here is that this 17 year old girl is going to have to marry this dude Levi. They prob weren't even planning on going to prom together. All so Mommy can look good for the press.

    Dios mio.

  10. #250
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    You said you'd encourage her to keep it. In my opinion, you may aswell say you'd force her, because you don't believe in abortion. Of course you'd force her to keep it.

  11. #251
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,330

    Default

    ^^ I have known several families who did not believe in abortion but supported their teenage daughters when they made that choice for themselves. Life is not always so black and white. It is mostly gray.

  12. #252
    Elite Member ana-mish-ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Personally I dont believe in abortion, but I wouldnt judge or force someone not to have one and especially in the case for rape, incest or even severe disability. The woman has to face the pregnancy and its her body.
    What I really hate about the whole nutty anti abortion freaks is how they always proclaim its heartless and easy for those women to have an abortion- its not, yes I know there are some idiotic women who would do this but most women have to face upto the emotional repercussions of having one.

  13. #253
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    14,175

    Default

    I am non American but your politics affect me as Sweetie so kindly pointed out to me..
    It is creepy to think elections that might change lives of trillions depend on the hormones and issues of a horny teenager...
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator


  14. #254
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    erm... there are only 6 or 7 billion on the planet so far..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  15. #255
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    14,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    erm... there are only 6 or 7 billion on the planet so far..
    Poetically speaking..ever the perfectionist you...
    How about the animals anyway?
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin's Predator Control Program
    By ConstanceSpry in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 09:40 PM
  2. 2 TOP Alaska newspapers question Sarah Palin's fitness for VP
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 12:13 AM
  3. Sarah Larson pregnant?! Ohh Lawd ha' mercy...
    By gossipmaven in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: July 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
  4. Prison Break actress Sarah Wayne Callies is pregnant
    By Otaku in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 24th, 2007, 06:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •