Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol is pregnant!!!! (again?)

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Sweet baby Jesus... They didn't know because they could not TELL. I have never been around a woman who was 7 months pregnant and she had to inform that she was pregnant, or where I couldn't tell!!!!!!!
    So because you haven't experienced it, it isn't possible?

How many celebs threads have there been where women didn't even look nine months pregnant, let alone seven? How many girls in high school successfully hide pregnancies wearing bigger clothes? Lots.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

TKDgirl, do you have a daughter? If she were a teenager, now, and you found out she was pregnant, what would your reaction be? I'm sure you wouldn't be taking it in stride, like Sarah Palin seems to be doing.

I sure as hell wouldn't be pleased with a seventeen year old getting married regardless of pregnancy. Too young.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I just read this from Sally Quinn of the Washington Post-On Faith and it sums up my thoughts pretty well:

Palin's Pregnancy Problem

My first reaction was shock. Then anger. John McCain chose a running mate simply because she is a woman and one who appealed to the Republican's conservative evangelical base. Now, with news that Palin's 17-year-old unmarried daughter is pregnant, McCain's pick may not even find support among "family values" voters.

It has happened before, of course. Geraldine Ferraro was chosen as the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 1984 because she was a woman, but that was 24 years ago. I thought we were past ithis. Apparently not. McCain's choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate is a cynical and calculated move. It is a choice made to try to win an election. It is a political gimmick. And it's very high risk. I find it insulting to women, to the Republican party, and to the country.

This is nothing against Palin. From what little we know about her, she seems to be a bright, attractive, impressive person. She certainly has been successful in her 44 years. But is she ready to be president?

And now we learn the 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, is pregnant. She and the father of the child plan to marry. This may be a hard one for the Republican conservative family-values crowd to swallow. Of course, this can happen in any family. But it must certainly raise the question among the evangelical base about whether Sarah Palin has been enough of a hands-on mother.

McCain claims he knew about the pregnancy, and was not at all concerned. Why not? Not only do we have a woman with five children, including an infant with special needs, but a woman whose 17-year-old child will need her even more in the coming months. Not to mention the grandchild. This would inevitably be an enormous distraction for a new vice president (or president) in a time of global turmoil. Not only in terms of her job, but from a media standpoint as well.

McCain's cynical choice has created a dilemma for many women. For still-angry Hillary Clinton voters, they will have to decide if they want to vote against their concscience and political interests by voting to elect a Republican woman who's even more conservative than McCain.

Evangelical women also will have to decide if they will vote against their conscience by voting to put the mother of young children in a job outside the home that will demand so much of her time and energy.

Southern Baptist leaders like Richard Land and Al Mohler have praised McCain's choice. But these are the same men who support this statement from the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message:

"A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ. She, being in the image of God as is her husband and thus equal to him, has the God-given responsibility to respect her husband and to serve as his helper in managing the household and nurturing the next generation."

Palin's lack of experience and her family situation are both valid and vital considerations here, especially when she will be running with a 72-year-old presidential candidate who has suffered four bouts of a deadly cancer.

And by the way, how can McCain call Barack Obama unqualified, inexperienced, not ready from Day One, not able to be commander in chief, and then put someone like Palin in a position that is a heartbeat away from the presidency?

I don't blame Palin for accepting the position. How could she or anyone turn down such an opportunity? I was once in a similar position. After four years of reporting at the Washington Post, I was chosen by CBS to be the first network anchorwoman in America, to co-anchor their Morning News. I had never been on TV a day in my life. I was 32. There were women at CBS who were much more qualified than I was and certainly other men. They chose me because they wanted a woman. I didn't even want the job, but I didn't feel I could turn it down. Of course it was a disaster. I lasted four months. I wasn't ready for Network TV. Palin isn't ready to be leader of the free world.

The calculation on the part of the McCain people is clear. Palin's candidacy could draw some of the 18-million Hillary Clinton voters who are not happy she lost and who want to vote for a woman on a national ticket. Palin is not of Washington and that will be appealing to some. Most importantly for McCain, Palin is decidedly anti-abortion and that will keep the Republican base under control and appeal to some evangelicals who might be considering Obama. She has a son who is headed to Iraq.

Those are positives for a McCain-Palin ticket, but what about the negatives?

She has no national political experience, especially in the area of foreign policy. That fact that she is not of Washington also will be difficult for her. Barbara Bush once told me that her husband had been a congressman, UN ambassador, ambassador to China, and head of the CIA and they thought they were prepared for the vice presidency (under President Reagan). But she said nothing can prepare you for the criticism and scrutiny of being in the White House. Sarah Palin is not prepared for that.

Is she prepared for the all-consuming nature of the job? She is the mother of five children, one of them a four-month-old with Down Syndrome. Her first priority has to be her children. When the phone rings at three in the morning and one of her children is really sick what choice will she make? I'm the mother of only one child, a special needs child who is grown now. I know how much of my time and energy I devoted to his care. He always had to be my first priority. Of course women can be good mothers and have careers at the same time. I've done both. Yes, other women in public office have children. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has five children, but she didn't get heavily involved in politics until they were older. A mother's role is different from a father's.

These are dangerous and trying times for the entire world. This is no time to to play gender politics. The stakes are too high. And given McCain's age and history of health issues, the stakes for choosing a qualified vice presidential candidate have never been higher.

Maybe this will work. Maybe McCain will win with Sarah Palin as his running mate. But if he does, it will be for all the wrong reasons.

I bet they all screw all the time because what else can you do in Alaska? Oh yeah, they say they hunt a lot. Probably use it as foreplay for screwing. Wanna hunt, bitch? Uh-kay *grabs condoms* Or doesn't grab condoms, in this case.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

I have a friend who is six months pregnant and unless you knew, you wouldn't be able to tell. And she's not overweight. She's just small, and dresses well.

ETA: I think Quinn is right on the money in her column and I don't normally agree with her.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I think I found Levi.

Second pic, second row down.
    MySpace.com - *..mercede..* All Photos
    Look at Sarah in those pics. Supposedly, she should have just given birth, right? Doesn't look like it ...

This shit keeps getting better and better!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the National Enquirer is going to get into this shit especially after today's stork announcement ;D

Did this woman did not think she could get away with it with the national and international spotlight on her - knowing with all the babies in her closet.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    So because you haven't experienced it, it isn't possible?

How many celebs threads have there been where women didn't even look nine months pregnant, let alone seven? How many girls in high school successfully hide pregnancies wearing bigger clothes? Lots.
    Yes, I have, twice. Unfortunately, I've never made it out of my 6th month of pregnancy with either one of my daughters. Thank you very much. So, yes I have experienced it, and know that even when you want to keep it secret, there are some tell tale signs that will give it away.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

A*O

That Sally Quinn article pretty much sums it up. If Palin is smart she will use this as her excuse to back out of the VP ticket ("family commitments"). Nobody would blame her for it - in fact she'd probably win a lot more support from her fanbase - and McCain can pick someone else.

Conspiracy Theory #8736 : Doesn't it seem mightly convenient coincidence that right in the middle of all this rumour about Palin's 5th pregnancy she announces that her daughter is now pregnant? It certainly shuts up all the speculation. Anyone want to bet Bristol suffers a tragic "miscarriage"?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    And let's be honest...if her mom wasn't a delusional wack job who didn't believe in no BC teaching, her daughter would've known what was out there to protect herself. What about STD's, she could've caught one of those...thank God she didn't...asweknowof...

Forget your stance on teenagers having sex, not talking with your kids about sex, protection, and STD's is clearly irresponsible as a parent.
    Who says Sarah Palin didn't talk to Bristol about sex, protection, etc.
    Please.. my Mother talked to me about drinking and smoking and I still tried both of those.

Bristol is 17... I'm not holding her Mother accountable for her actions. This entire thing is getting ridiculous.

Once again.. Palin is not qualified but it has nothing to do with the way she "runs her family".

And if you truly think this is going to have a dramatic effect on who doesn't vote for McCain...think again. The voters who you'd think she would lose from this little mistake are the ones that will NEVER vote for Obama. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    That Sally Quinn article pretty much sums it up. If Palin is smart she will use this as her excuse to back out of the VP ticket ("family commitments"). Nobody would blame her for it - in fact she'd probably win a lot more support from her fanbase - and McCain can pick someone else.

Conspiracy Theory #8736 : Doesn't it seem mightly convenient coincidence that right in the middle of all this rumour about Palin's 5th pregnancy she announces that her daughter is now pregnant? It certainly shuts up all the speculation. Anyone want to bet Bristol suffers a tragic "miscarriage"?
    I wouldnt be surprised if this was the case- but then again this would be another huge gamble that has the potentially blow up BIG time. They dont seem to stop the speculation about Palin's pregnancy but actually seems to highlight how stupid and incompetant she is about the whole situation. I also just read on Democratic Underground that Palin has hired a criminal lawyer over Troopgate- this was broken by MSNBC.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    And if you truly think this is going to have a dramatic effect on who doesn't vote for McCain...think again. The voters who you'd think she would lose from this little mistake are the ones that will NEVER vote for Obama. Trust me.
    Good point. The Aussie press is following the US election race with great interest and several commentators have said just that. One even went so far as to say that despite all the optimistic idealism about a real Change in the bedrock of US politics, the stark reality is that America is fundamentally conservative (with a small "c") at heart and just isn't ready for a black or a female President yet. My heart wants Obama to win, my head says he won't.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    TKDgirl, do you have a daughter? If she were a teenager, now, and you found out she was pregnant, what would your reaction be? I'm sure you wouldn't be taking it in stride, like Sarah Palin seems to be doing.
    Tell me...what else are you supposed to do?

I mean, is the world ending? NO. You accept it, support her, and move on with life.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information