Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sarah Palin will be on Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Yeah, she can have "technical trouble" whenever she gets asked a question she doesn't want to answer.

She'll probably stupidly make that fake static sound with her mouth and say "Sorry, I'm losing you!", and then walk off...

Oprah Winfrey puts Sarah Palin in the hot seat on her Nov. 16 show, addressing everything from Levi Johnston to the former GOP vice-presidential contender's disastrous interview with Katie Couric.
    According to excerpts obtained by Usmagazine.com, Winfrey asks Palin if Johnston, 19, will be invited to Thanksgiving dinner.
    "You know, that's a great question," Palin replies. "And it's lovely to think that he would ever even consider such a thing. Because, of course, you want -- he is a part of the family and you want to bring him in the fold and kind of under your wing. And he needs that, too, Oprah. I think he needs to know that he is loved and he has the most beautiful child and this can all work out for good. It really can."

Of Johnston badmouthing the family to press, the former Alaska Gov. says: "We don't have to keep going down this road of controversy and drama all the time. We're not really into the drama. We don't really like that. We're more productive. We have other things to concentrate on...."

Palin did not want to talk about her notoriously awkward interview with Couric.
    "Must we?" she asks Winfrey.

During Palin's 2008 chat with Couric, Couric asked Palin to explain why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience. When Couric asked Palin what newspapers and magazines she reads regularly, an uncomfortable Palin replied: "Um, all of them, any of them."
    Palin tells Winfrey she didn't think the sit-down wasn't a seminal defining moment for her.
    "And neither did the campaign," she adds. "In fact, that is why segment 2 and 3 and 4 and maybe 5 were scheduled. The campaign said, 'Right on. Good. You're showing your independence. This is what America needs to see and it was a good interview.' And, of course, I'm thinking, 'If you thought that was a good interview, I don't know what a bad interview is,' because I knew it was a bad interview."

News – Sarah Palin Tells Oprah Levi Johnston Is Still "Part of the Family" – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

"must we?"

Well bitch, you didnt answer the questions THEN you might as well have a second go at it.

Do you need your notes?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oprah lets America down.

Apparently Palin left Oprah's studio with good feelings and warm memories. In short Oprah did NOT ask Sarah any really tough questions.
    So for everybody who had hoped that Oprah was too independent and strong minded to conduct a soft ball interview with Palin, sorry to disappoint you.
    Winfrey seems to have interviewed her in the same manner she would use to interview Jennifer Aniston, instead of the manner in which she would interview Joseph McCarthy, which would be the much more APPROPRIATE approach.
    Here is Sarah's Facebook post about her "interview".
    Willow, Piper, and I are in Chicago and just wanted to let you know that I had a great conversation with Oprah today. We taped the show for Monday, November 16th, and enjoyed it so much that we went way over on time. The rest will air on Oprah.com. Oprah was very hospitable and gracious, and her audience was full of warm, energized and (no doubt) curious viewers.
    - Sarah Palin
    Oprah, Oprah, Oprah. You HAD her. She was right there in YOUR studio. In front of YOUR audience. Under YOUR control. You could have crushed her like a bug!
    But no. You just let her slip right through your perfectly manicured fingers. Where is your patriotism?
    Did you not receive all of the information and questions from the thousands of people who wanted you to finally confront her on the questions that she has thus far refused to answer? Did you not hear the passion in their voices? Did you not recognize their concern?
    I believe the plan is for the bloggers to head over to Shannyn's on Monday and watch this travesty together. I imagine there will be a number of catcalls and adult beverages to dull our disappointment. We might be live blogging it but I will let you know.
    Oprah, Oprah, Oprah.

The Immoral Minority: Oprah lets America down.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Levi and Katie Big Topics in Oprah-Palin Summit - E! Online

Levi and Katie Big Topics in Oprah-Palin Summit
    Today 1:31 PM PST by Gina Serpe

Celebrity Videos | E! Online

Oprah Winfrey is no Katie Couric. Which, for Sarah Palin, has got to be a blessing.

The former vice presidential candidate has completed her much-hyped interview with the openly Obama-favoring queen of daytime, and although the highly anticipated summit won't air until Monday, we got a taste of their sit-down today.

Based on the clips and transcripts, it looks like Winfrey managed to get in the questions inquiring minds want to know without Palin pulling off her microphone and sitting silently in protest.

Like that infamous, potentially campaign-costing Couric interview. Palin admits it wasn't her proudest moment, but didn't take the bait when asked if she regarded it as game-changer.

"I did not. And neither did the campaign. In fact, that is why segment 2 and 3 and 4 and maybe 5 were scheduled. The campaign said, 'Right on. Good. You're showing your independence. This is what America needs to see and it was a good interview.'

"And of course I'm thinking, 'If you thought that was a good interview, I don't know what a bad interview is,' because it was a bad interview."

Oprah, of course, knows from good interviews and has no trouble going there. Which means Levi Johnston's ears are burning.

"So, one final question about Levi," Oprah says, before pausing for the coup de grace. "Will he be invited to Thanksgiving dinner?"

It was at that point that Palin appears to go rogue, answering every question but the one asked.

"You know, that's a great question. And it's lovely to think that he would ever even consider such a thing. Because of course you want—he is a part of the family and you want to bring him in the fold and kind of under your wing," she says.

"And he needs that, too, Oprah. I think he needs to know that he is loved and he has the most beautiful child and this can all work out for good. It really can."

After waxing on about her aversion to drama and controversy, Winfrey cuts off the mouthy maverick and cuts right back to the chase.

"Does that mean yes he is coming, or no he is not?" (Oh yes she did.)

While we can probably guess the answer, viewers will have to wait until Monday's episode to hear it straight from the moose's mouth. But they won't have to wait that long to hear Johnston's reply.

"She's being smart," he tells the New York Daily News of Palin's inoffensive comments. "She knows what I got on her. It's a smart move on her part."

The professional leg spreader goes on to say that he believed her reconciliation-hinting sound bites are fake. Asked if he could picture Palin calling him family, he replies, "For a show, yeah."

Of course, discussing Johnston is only the tip of the iceberg during the interview. In a video blog posted by the big O herself, Winfrey teases what else was to come.

"It was really an interesting interview," she says. "You know, lots of people didn't want me to have her on, lots of people did. Lots of her supporters didn't want her to come here, but she did.

"But we talked about everything: We talked about inside the campaign, what it felt like when she was first was asked to be vice president. We talked about Bristol, the pregnancy. We talked about Trigg, her baby. We talked about Levi Johnston. We talked about her marriage, we talked about everything. There's nothing that we didn't talk about."

I guess the rumor about it being done remotely wasn't true, then. I saw one of the clips and her hair is ridiculous. It looks like a really cheap wig with bad highlights.

We're not really into the drama. We don't really like that. We're more productive. We have other things to concentrate on...."
    Palin doesn't like drama? Really? From the woman who tried to turn Letterman's joke about her daughter into a national political platform.

her hair is awful
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

OMG,that hair!

I wish Levi would just spill it..
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Anyone thinking that Oprah was going to conduct a hard-hitting, in-depth intelligent interview with Palin also believes in the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Anyone thinking that Oprah was going to conduct a hard-hitting, in-depth intelligent interview with Palin also believes in the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny. Ain't happening.
    Pretty much. It's a shame when perky Katie Couric does a more hard-hitting interview with Palin than anyone else does.

I watched it. It was pretty boring. I mostly wanted to go back to messing with my itunes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information