Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin video: Turkeys slaughtered behind her as she chitchats, calls it "fun"

OMG, this woman can't end a sentence to save her life. It's called a period, Sarah.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Bronze Member

It's a real life SNL sketch!!!!!!

Yes! If SNL doesn't grab onto this one, they'll be missing some huge laughs. She is just so clueless it's hysterical!
    You can't be late until you show up.

Elite Member

I don't get it, why was she pardoning a turkey?

How precious.
    She always sounds like the kid in class that didn't do their homework and is trying to bullshit their way through.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    She always sounds like the kid in class that didn't do their homework and is trying to bullshit their way through.
    Exactly. And she's getting away with it only because she's sexually attractive.

it's a thanksgiving tradition, usually done at the white house.. i dunno if they do it at state legislatures.. probably not, and she's trying to be all presidential.. stupid whore...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Love the turkey killing going on in the background! A ready made PETA ad! LOLOLOLOL Good one Sarah.

"at least this was fun"

Oh god! lmao!

Can I ask though, what method are they using to kill Turkey? I don't quite understand, is it being put upside down and then it's throat slit?
    ssabmud

"I"m so glad to be a part of this"

HAHA

Sarah Palin: EPIC FAIL

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    it's a thanksgiving tradition, usually done at the white house.. i dunno if they do it at state legislatures.. probably not, and she's trying to be all presidential.. stupid whore...
    So do they let one of the turkeys go free? Like, "I hereby pronounce you, Tom Turkey, freedom from slaughter and being a protein source this Thanksgiving?" What about all the other turkeys who aren't pardoned? How do they determine which turkey gets pardoned? The one with the biggest breasts?

What a stupid and meaningless tradition.

^ It dates back to Lincoln. He was going to kill the turkey for Thanksgiving, his son got really upset, so he decided to "pardon' the turkey, so he could keep it as a pet.

The tradition has stuck since then.

National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation is a ceremony that takes place at the White House every year. The President of the United States is presented with a live domestic turkey. Generally the National Turkey Federation and the Poultry and Egg National Board are involved. Since 1989 during the first Thanksgiving of President George H.W. Bush, the president has granted the turkey a "presidential pardon".[1] The pardoned turkey is almost always a Broad Breasted White today, but this has not historically always been so. The turkey is then taken to a farm where it may live out the rest of its natural life. For many years the turkeys were sent to Frying Pan Park in Fairfax County, Virginia. Starting in 2005, the pardoned turkeys have traveled to either Disneyland in California or Disney World in Florida to be the honorary Grand Marshals of Disney's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

The origins of the tradition of pardoning the White House turkey are controversial. Many credit President Harry Truman with starting the informal and lighthearted tradition in 1947. However, the Truman Library says that no documents, speeches, newspaper clippings, photographs, or other contemporary records are known to exist that specify that he ever "pardoned" a turkey.[2][1] The Eisenhower Presidential Library says documents in their collection reveal that President Dwight Eisenhower ate the birds presented to him during his two terms. President John F. Kennedy spontaneously spared a turkey on Nov. 19, 1963, just days before his assassination, but was not granted a "pardon." The bird was wearing a sign reading, "Good Eatin' Mr. President." Kennedy responded, "Let's just keep him." President Ronald Reagan, while never officially pardoning a turkey, did deflect jokes in 1987 about pardoning Oliver North in the Iran-Contra Affair by joking about pardoning a bird named Charlie, who was already heading to a petting zoo.[1]
    wikipedia!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

They usually don't live so long at Frying Pan Park, usually so obese they be waddling. Perhaps this years candidate can pardon Bush instead.

I guess Palin wants to introduce Joe the Turkey Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    How precious.
    That is exactly it! A perfect description.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information