Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin unable to name Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I always wonder how they have sex when they're that big. Yeah, I'm sick. But I know I'm not the only one...
    I imagine Hollandaise sauce and chocolate syrup are involved.

no, those are just the byproducts of their whale humping.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Oh God, enough. Just thinking of the smells emanating from those skin folds......
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Default Read it and weep....

Here is the transcript from the interview regading SCOTUS. Horryifying.

Katie Couric: Why do you think Roe v. Wade was a good decision?

Joe Biden: Because it's as close to a consensus that can exist in a society as heterogeneous as ours. What does it say? It says in the first three months that decision should be left to the woman. And the second three months, where Roe v. Wade says, well then the state, the government has a role, along with the women's health, they have a right to have some impact on that. And the third three months they say the weight of the government's input is on the fetus being carried.

And so that's sort of reflected as close as anybody is ever going to get in this heterogeneous, this multicultural society of religious people as to some sort of, not consensus, but as close it gets.

I think the liberty clause of the 14th Amendment offers a right to privacy. Now that's one of the big debates that I have with my conservative scholar friends, that they say, you know, unless a right is enumerated - unless it's actually, unless [it] uses the word "privacy" in the Constitution - then no such "constitutional right" exists. Well, I think people have an inherent right.

Couric: Are there Supreme Court decisions you disagree with?

Biden: You know, I'm the guy who wrote the Violence Against Women Act. And I said that every woman in America, if they are beaten and abused by a man, should be able to take that person to court - meaning you should be able to go to federal court and sue in federal court the man who abused you if you can prove that abuse. But they said, "No, that a woman, there's no federal jurisdiction." And I held, they acknowledged, I held about 1,000 hours of hearings proving that there's an effect in interstate commerce.
    Women who are abused and beaten and beaten are women who are not able to be in the work force. And the Supreme Court said, "Well, there is an impact on commerce, but this is federalizing a private crime and we're not going to allow it." I think the Supreme Court was wrong about that decision.

Couric Why, in your view, is Roe v. Wade a bad decision?

Sarah Palin: I think it should be a states' issue not a federal government-mandated, mandating yes or no on such an important issue. I'm, in that sense, a federalist, where I believe that states should have more say in the laws of their lands and individual areas. Now, foundationally, also, though, it's no secret that I'm pro-life that I believe in a culture of life is very important for this country. Personally that's what I would like to see, um, further embraced by America.

Couric: Do you think there's an inherent right to privacy in the Constitution?

Palin: I do. Yeah, I do.

Couric: The cornerstone of Roe v. Wade.

Palin: I do. And I believe that individual states can best handle what the people within the different constituencies in the 50 states would like to see their will ushered in an issue like that.

Couric: What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?

Palin: Well, let's see. There's, of course in the great history of America there have been rulings, that's never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but

Couric: Can you think of any?

Palin: Well, I could think of any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But, you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a vice president, if I'm so privileged to serve, wouldn't be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today.

OH MY GOD, what the fuck is she saying? Bush makes more sense than she does.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    OH MY GOD, what the fuck is she saying? Bush makes more sense than she does.
    It's kinda scary to say that, but you're right. We've found someone more moronic and ill-informed than Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post

No wonder McCain is clenching his teeth at every appearance. He's made himself a laughingstock, screwed himself because he can't ditch her and so is forced to defend this...

I CANNOT believe McCain will let her get to the debate. All Biden has to do is politely acknowledge Palin's presence on stage (which is more than what McCain did for Obama), and otherwise focus on Ifill's questions and direct them to Americans watching at home.

Don't even bother with her, she's self-made road kill.

Biden's responses were thoughtful and well-informed. Wow.

It's kinda scary to say that, but you're right. We've found someone more moronic and ill-informed than Bush.
    No doubt that Bush probably had a fuckload of coaching from Papas Bush, Rove, and Cheney, but it's absolutely horrifying to think that Bush-level dumb is not rock-bottom.. apparently he's a few levels higher than Miss Mooseballs.

Is it Thursday night yet?

If those interviews are any indication of how tomorrow night is going to be, she's f*cked.

Debate Training - Biden learns what makes girls cry (WITH HOT PICS!) - 236.com - News

This is hilarious- its caption slide joke about Biden prepping for the debate lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Is it Thursday night yet?
    No, but it's kinda like we're being allowed to open one present on Christmas eve.

Fuck, this is like opening all my presents on Christmas Eve.. I take great pleasure in seeing people like her fail.

Gold Member

Conservatives usually know Lemon v Kurtzman, which is one of the many school prayer cases to come before the Supreme Court.

They also seem to love Bush v Gore. That was only 8 years ago.

She's a fucking idiot.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information