Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin unable to name Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    My house also. Brown V the board of Education. I'm an elementary school librarian and I teach every grade from 1 through 6 about that case. There are some great childrens books on segregation. It is such a foreign concept to young kids it makes a real impact. With the 5th & 6th graders we read "To kill a mockingbird". A book I'm sure Palin would want banned.
    I remember even doing mock hearings to Brown. To pass to the seventh grade, one had to be able to write an essay on that case.

Nana, there is a thread in this forum listing apparent lies told by Palin. Near the end, there is a link which leads to the books she asked to have banned from the library. The list is appalling, as it includes works from everyone from Rowling and Koontz, to Angelou and Twain!

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I remember even doing mock hearings to Brown. To pass to the seventh grade, one had to be able to write an essay on that case.

Nana, there is a thread in this forum listing apparent lies told by Palin. Near the end, there is a link which leads to the books she asked to have banned from the library. The list is appalling, as it includes works from everyone from Rowling and Koontz, to Angelou and Twain!
    I have seen that list and I'm proud to say we have all those children's books in our library and I have refused to remove any of them. I have been asked by parents to do so. I just ask them to give me a list of the books they prefer them not to read and keep the list.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

I have seen that list and I'm proud to say we have all those children's books in our library and I have refused to remove any of them. I have been asked by parents to do so. I just ask them to give me a list of the books they prefer them not to read and keep the list.
    Nana for VP!

That is how I feel. I believe in parents having choice in monitoring their child's activities. What I don't believe in is allowing their beliefs to dictate what other children do. Be a parent and supervise your child. Don't tell my child what to read. I am doing my job.

Applause to you for sticking to your guns and not letting the ultra conservatives bully you.

^ Notice on the list it has Harry Potter, which is funny because Harry Potter had not even came out at that time. Another lie, or the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ Notice on the list it has Harry Potter, which is funny because Harry Potter had not even came out at that time. Another lie, or the truth?
    When do you claim Harry Potter was released? 2009?

Every Harry Potter book released was done so during her tenure as Mayor of Wasilla, Chairperson of the AOGCC, or Governor. Each book was released between June of 1997 and July of 2007. Also note the later installments are not on the list.

You were saying?

^ Well since it's not yet 2009, and it has already been released, I guess you are just trying to be a smartass with that question? But, there will be one released in 2009.

Harry Potter was released in 1997. The book banning incedent happened in 1996.

Harry Potter: Harry Potter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Book banning: Palin pressured Wasilla librarian: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Harry Potter has been out for years. there are 7 of them you know. They usually came out every year, but sometimes it was more than a year in between. I wish I could remember off the top of my head when the first one was published.

Also at my school I am known affectionally as "The Library Dragon". The kids think it's funny, but I will stand up to teachers and parents.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

I think the first one was published in 1999.

edit. It was 1997.

Harry Potter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since the 1997 release of the first novel Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, which was retitled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the United States, the books have gained immense popularity, critical acclaim and commercial success worldwide.[1] As of June 2008, the book series has sold more than 400 million copies and has been translated into 65 languages, and the last four books have consecutively set records as the fastest-selling books in history.

Harry Potter has been out for years. there are 7 of them you know. They usually came out every year, but sometimes it was more than a year in between. I wish I could remember off the top of my head when the first one was published.

Also at my school I am known affectionally as "The Library Dragon". The kids think it's funny, but I will stand up to teachers and parents.
    Thanks for the input, but if you had taken the time to click on my links you would know the first one came out in 1997. The book banning happened in 1996.
    Now how did she demand for Harry Potter to be banned when it had not even come out yet? That I would like to know.

she could smell the witchcraft and black magic from a rift in space time
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ Well since it's not yet 2009, and it has already been released, I guess you are just trying to be a smartass with that question? But, there will be one released in 2009.

Harry Potter was released in 1997. The book banning incedent happened in 1996.

Harry Potter: Harry Potter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Book banning: Palin pressured Wasilla librarian: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
    I'm aware of the date. I am not interested in any Potter release dates, since I don't read them. Of course, if I want to, I would have the option to do so, unless a fascist were to find her way into office.

No one is looking at the option Palin did not make a one time request? That list could very well have been a list of all requests Palin has ever made, beginning in 1996.

I am willing to cut the Potter requests from the list, as there is controversey surrounding the dates. That still leaves other works which I know without a doubt were in published before Palin ever found her way into a position of authority.

^ Well if the list is incorrect to begin with, that makes me question the story as a whole.
    I am not saying it didn't happen, but when a red flag like that comes up, it makes you wonder if you really can believe any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    You're right. I shouldn't have painted communication majors with a broad brush. But every indicator points to Palin not being particularly good academically.
    No worries! I was just teasing!! Academically, the woman's a moron. Or moran, as the Republicans spell it.

The list is fake.

snopes.com: Books Banned by Sarah Palin

She asked the librarian about banning books but no specific books were named.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Another lie exposed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information