Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81

Thread: Sarah Palin slams Obama on abortion

  1. #61
    Elite Member FierceKiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Neverlands
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    The adoptive couples I know are stable. One of them payed for the mother's bills for a full year after their son was born. And such an agency is a good idea.
    The couples you know, this doesnt speak for everyone. Even couples in a long term marriage or commited relationship arent always financially fit to care for a child. A baby requires time and money, not as easy as you make it sound. There have been numerous stories were couples whom try to adopt also get taken for granted when the woman offering her child, suddenly changes her mind or just plays them for a fool.

  2. #62
    Elite Member viggofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    chatty I think the idea is a very noble idea with all good intentions but I don't personally feel that the government should pay for medical care and job placement solely on the grounds that she is attempting to put her child up for adoption. I think the choice of adoption is a wonderful thing ( it is another option). Now if the person is in need of government assistance ie: job training in general whether or not they are considering adoption then nothing wrong with that. jmo

    I think there are all types of people out there. Some will take advantage of the system and others will not.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

  3. #63
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    Ugh, Flintstone vitamins have a nasty taste, and a different look, than a birth control pill. And if she is worried about that, the depo shot is pretty much impossible to tamper with.
    Shits and giggles

    Depo makes your hair fall-out, your teeth weak, and it makes you gain weight... it had the same side effects as steroids.


    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  4. #64
    Elite Member viggofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    ^^ ew. that sounds nasty.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

  5. #65
    Elite Member WhoAmI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    because all birth controls have a 99% rate, and that 1% when it's not effective catchs up with them eventually.
    You are wrong. ALL "birth controls" DO NOT have a 99% (I assume you meant success) rate. You can't just keep spouting things as facts that are patently untrue.

    Failure rates of birth control methods (number of pregnancies per 100 women per year:

    Male Condom, Latex/Polyurethane: 11%
    Female Condom: 21%
    Diaphragm with Spermicide: 17%
    Lea's Shield: 15%
    Cervical Cap with Spermicide: 17-23%
    Sponge with Spermicide: 14-28%
    Spermicide Alone: 20-50%
    Oral Contraceptives--combined pill: 1-2%
    Oral Contraceptives--progestin-only minipill: 2%
    Oral Contraceptives--91-day regimen (Seasonale): 1-2%
    Patch (Ortho Evra): 1-2%
    Vaginal Contraceptive Ring (NuvaRing): 1-2%
    Post-Coital Contraceptives (Preven and Plan B): Almost 80 percent reduction in risk of pregnancy for a single act of unprotected sex
    Injection (Depo-Provera): <1%
    Injection (Lunelle): <1%
    Implant (Norplant): <1%
    IUD (Intrauterine Device): <1%
    Periodic Abstinence: 20%
    Trans-abdonimal Surgical Sterilization--female (Falope Ring, Hulka Clip, Filshie Clip): <1%
    Sterilization Implant--female (Essure System): <1%
    Surgical Sterilization--male: <1%

    http://www.fda.gov/Fdac/features/1997/babytabl.html

  6. #66
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,807

    Default re

    You are wrong. ALL "birth controls" DO NOT have a 99% (I assume you meant success) rate. You can't just keep spouting things as facts that are patently untrue.
    PSST. Don't tell her this. Let her think that whatever she is using is 99% effective, and then when she gets pregnant she can figure out what to do about it.

    Seriously, how many women and men and girls and boys are really sufficiently knowledgeable about birth control and the failure rates of various methods? That is certainly one reason unintended pregnancy occurs.

    And superimposed on that, how many sexually active people have unimpeded access to effective contraception? Not as many as you would hope.

    Yes, abstinence is the only 100% effective way to prevent pregnancy, but our bodies are hardwired to want sex. Why do we pretend that it isn't so? And let's be honest, the drive to have sex emerges way before people are intellectually and emotionally mature enough to have children.

    What a shame that we argue over abortion instead of doing what we can to get better birth control methods available to more people. While we stand here wringing our hands over abortion, unintended pregnancies continue to happen.

    Not to mention just your regular, garden variety single people having sex out of wedlock and getting pregnant stuff, I know two married women who got pregnant and had abortions. Both mature, thoughtful persons. If you knew the circumstances, you would understand why. But I don't think either of them should have to justify their decisions to someone else.

  7. #67
    Elite Member WhoAmI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,371

    Default

    ^^Agree with all.

    It ticks me off when people throw around statistics that are pulled out of their asses just to prove a point.

    I had to respond to that because it occurred to me that some dumb kid would read that post, believe it, and get knocked up.

  8. #68
    Elite Member Penny Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    21,646

    Default

    See what "abstinence only"/"a sperm load is a human being!"/"pro-choice is murder" kind of thinking gets you? You get what you pay for, I guess.

  9. #69
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    PSST.
    Seriously, how many women and men and girls and boys are really sufficiently knowledgeable about birth control and the failure rates of various methods? That is certainly one reason unintended pregnancy occurs.
    Seriously! My daughter's school does an excellent sex ed program. Extremely thorough and comprehensive. I was very impressed. It was so thorough that they told 13-14 y/o's that the WITHDRAWAL method is a viable method of birth control.

  10. #70
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Oh, Sarah please run in 2012. Sarah, you don't have the right to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body. Just like no one should get on you for allowing to unwed teens to shack under your roof, knowingly...kettles, and black pots..shouldn't meet under these circumstances.
    I want to see her debate Hillary just for fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    She has one ugly face.
    What are you talking about, she's a ~MILF~

  11. #71
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Seriously! My daughter's school does an excellent sex ed program. Extremely thorough and comprehensive. I was very impressed. It was so thorough that they told 13-14 y/o's that the WITHDRAWAL method is a viable method of birth control.
    um.... that's patently idiotic.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  12. #72
    Elite Member WhoAmI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,371

    Default

    Actually, withdrawal is not a horrible method, if you know what you're doing:

    How Effective Is Withdrawal?

    Effectiveness is an important and common concern when choosing a birth control method. Like all birth control methods, the pull out method is much more effective when you do it correctly.

    * Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.
    * Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly.

    Couples who have great self-control, experience, and trust may use the pull out method more effectively. Men who use the pull out method must be able to know when they are reaching the point in sexual excitement when ejaculation can no longer be stopped or postponed. If you cannot predict this moment accurately, withdrawal will not be as effective.

    Even if a man pulls out in time, pregnancy can still happen. Some experts believe that pre-ejaculate, or pre-cum, can pick up enough sperm left in the urethra from a previous ejaculation to cause pregnancy. If a man urinates between ejaculations before having sex again, it will help clear the urethra of sperm and may increase the effectiveness of withdrawal.

    Pregnancy is also possible if semen or pre-ejaculate is spilled on the vulva.
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...ethod-4218.htm

    I don't think it would work so well for teenagers, though, because they get so worked up and have poor impulse control.

  13. #73
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,762

    Default

    Everyone knows that dicks are like basketball players, they dribble before they shoot..always!


    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  14. #74
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    Yes, I listened. "Don't want to tax the original decision made by the mother" Well, if someone is laying there from a murder attempt, should we, by that logic, not rescue them because it taxes the original decision? Bullcorn!

    OH, and the "it will cost more to have another doctor in the room" arguement that he also gave...there is already a doctor in the room, and all of them should know how take care of a baby, they are suppose to learn that before graduating med school.
    Can someone enlighten me as to what doctors are instructed to do when this happens? Obviously they're not allowed to save it, but surely there must be something they can do to ease the suffering.
    Last edited by sparkly; April 18th, 2009 at 01:14 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  15. #75
    Gold Member Miss A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Barry Goldwater was right, government has no business legislating this issue. He said: "The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others unless the decent people connected to them recognize that religion has no place in public policy. They must learn to make their views known without trying to make their views the only alternatives." He also said "I believe a woman has a right to an abortion. That's a decision that's up to the pregnant woman, not up to the pope or some do-gooders or the Religious Right.... There is no place in this country for practicing religion in politics."

    Unlike many American voters, Watts knows that "partial-birth abortion" does not exist. Coined by anti-choice activists, this term cannot be found in any medical dictionary. Its imprecision, according to defenders of choice, could target a whole host of procedures.

    When Congress first considered the ban in 1995, Watts testified on Capitol Hill. So did Viki Wilson of Fresno, Calif., who had a late-term abortion because the brain of the fetus she was carrying had developed outside the skull. So did Vikki Stella of Naperville, Ill., whose fetus had no brain tissue and seven other major abnormalities.

    Watts, Stella and Wilson point out that in virtually all cases, late-term abortions are the only way to respond to unanticipated complications: the death of the fetus inside the womb, problems that mean the fetus can't live outside the womb, or serious threats to the mother's health.

    "No women has these procedures for frivolous reasons," says Stella. "They have them because it's their only choice."
    http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/2046/
    Last edited by Miss A; April 18th, 2009 at 12:40 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin slams President Obama for Special Olympics joke
    By MrsMarsters in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: March 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM
  2. Sarah Palin backs Alaskan parental consent abortion bill
    By WhoAmI in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
  3. Ashley Judd slams Sarah Palin
    By WhoAmI in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2009, 09:47 AM
  4. Sarah Palin heightens rhetoric on abortion during campaign speech
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: October 14th, 2008, 02:45 AM
  5. Bill Clinton slams Sarah Palin, shows fire for Barack Obama
    By bychance in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2008, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •