Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin slams Obama on abortion

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    A woman can do whatever she wants, but I don't have to agree with it.
    See, that's fine. But if you support politicians and legislation that removes such a choice, that's not nice.

The health departments hand out free condoms, there is no reason for anyone to have no put one on before hand if they didn't want a pregnancy.
    Condoms fail, birth control fails, shit happens and people aren't perfect. That's the thing: conservatives like to believe the world is black and white, people should act one way or another.. but that isn't reality. The reality is that, shit happens, people aren't perfect, and things can fail.

I really dislike abortion being used as a means of birth control because someone was too lazy to spend 10 seconds unrolling the condom, or to swallow a pill in the morning. It's not that hard.
    I agree with you. Unfortunately SOME people will abuse the system, that's unavoidable.

And yes, proper sex ed should cover exactly that, but they should also encourage them to be responsible and picky about who they sleep with, because all birth controls have a 99% rate, and that 1% when it's not effective catchs up with them eventually.

Well yeah. People shouldn't be sluts, but some are.

Better it happen in a long term committed relationship than a one night stand.
    Possibly, but that isn't up to anybody to decide but the people themselves.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Ooh goody! I like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    Leave Obama Alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A LONE Sigh. I miss Keneesha.

He was interviewing for the highest job in the land, he could have had a better answer than that.
    Okay but then Sarah "Right to life/Abstinence-Only Education" should have been able to answer what the Vice POTUS of the United States AND America does. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    abstinence only doesn't work as a teaching method anyway.
    Lies! It worked perfectly well for Bristol Pad.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Kathy - that means that he is not qualified to determine when life begins, he is not a doctor or a deity .
    Lies! He is the second coming, haven't you heard?

. I really dislike abortion being used as a means of birth control

Better it happen in a long term committed relationship than a one night stand.
    Two points:
    1. I don't think people believe abortions are a great form of birth control.
    2. So people in long-term committed relationships shouldn't have the option of abortion?

::sighing::

Also, just because some people disagree with abortion doesn't mean they have the right to dictate that OTHERS cannot have a choice to do it. ANTI-CHOICE.

I meant that in a long term committed relationship, they are generally ready for a child and all that comes with it.

Something just froze over, Grimm and I agreed on something!
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

I meant that in a long term committed relationship, they are generally ready for a child and all that comes with it.

That's not true. She might not want kids, but he puts holes in the condoms, or switch her BCP with flinstone vitamins made to look like her pill.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I hear what you are saying but not everybody wants to have children or add to their brood.

SS, I'm laughing at the Flinstone conspiracy!

Ugh, Flintstone vitamins have a nasty taste, and a different look, than a birth control pill. And if she is worried about that, the depo shot is pretty much impossible to tamper with.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I am pro-choice, but I understand what the "no-choice" people feel like. When we say "it is a woman's choice", they feel like we are taking away the babies choice on whether to live or not. A woman's body, to me, is no longer just her body when she is carrying a life. I do believe in abortion and would have had one when I was younger if I needed or wanted one. It would have been very early in the process and after much thought. Once you decide to have sex, you should be responsible for any life that may be incurred in said "transaction".
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Yes, except that even if you take precautions they can fail, or a thousand other things can go wrong, thus saddling you with a pregnancy you did not want and tried to prevent.

This is why we live in modern times: we have the options to prevent or terminate. The whole "don't open your legs if you don't want a kid" thing smacks of misogyny.

We are not living in the sticks, it's not 4000 bc, we have options and ways to be responsible.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Why not use adoption? That way, the baby lives, gets a home, and the mom is still not saddled with a child she didn't want. Plus, most of the people that adopt are perfectly willing to pay medical bills and food for the mother. In fact, I'm suprised there isn't already a government agency set up for mothers to get free medical care and job placement while choosing prospective adoptive parents. That would be an agency that would have my full support.

Why should the woman have to go through a pregnancy she has not planned for and does not want?

Just pop a morning after pill and it's gone

^^ I love that so many people say that if they are so worried about the life of the child why not adopt a few?

I don't have any children, don't want any and will never ever have children. There is no way I am going to tell a woman that she cannot or should not have an abortion. It is her business, and the issue here is that whether you agree or disagree it does not matter. IT IS NOT ANYONE'S place to take that choice away from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    screed

Noun

a long tiresome speech or piece of writing [probably from Old English scrēade shred]

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

Screed

a lengthy piece of writing; a discourse or harangue.

Examples: screed of cribbing, 1884; of doctrine, 1816; of malevolence, 1902; of notes; of poetry, 1812.

my apologies....

Then why are they always bitching about personal freedoms, and how dare the government interfere with this, that and the other thing.

I truly believe that each political party has different "freedoms" that they strongly believe in. For instance... a more liberal party tends to lean to the side of freedom of choice re: abortion whereas the freedom's that a more conservative party may lean more to the side of social programs spendature and such. I don't see things in black and white but rather grey. I just do. I think each freedom may have a different meaning for each person. Each person's beliefs are neither right nor wrong imo just different from the opposing party.

Yes, hence why it's hypocritical. They harp on about personal freedom from government.. until they want the government to dictate what THEY feel should be mandated by law.

I don't think there is a party around anywhere or social setting where people don't go with the attitude say one thing, do another.

Liberals want freedom from people dictating what they can do with their own lives and bodies.

I agree.

It's a personal choice, up to nobody but the people involved.

side note.... I put my answers in bold only b/c I don't know how to separate the parts of a post yet.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Until people can discern the very real difference between a clump of cells and a viable human being we'll always have the same argument going back and forth.

Why not use adoption? That way, the baby lives, gets a home, and the mom is still not saddled with a child she didn't want. Plus, most of the people that adopt are perfectly willing to pay medical bills and food for the mother. In fact, I'm suprised there isn't already a government agency set up for mothers to get free medical care and job placement while choosing prospective adoptive parents. That would be an agency that would have my full support.
    It's a myth that there's financially stable couple looking to adopt every baby possible. There's a reason why such an agency doesn't exist. Having a baby is EXPENSIVE.

The adoptive couples I know are stable. One of them payed for the mother's bills for a full year after their son was born. And such an agency is a good idea.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information