Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarah Palin is scaring the shit out of FL voters, and Pat Buchanan LURVES HER

^McCain HAS to win Florida or he'll never make 270.

^I know, that's why I'm hoping he doesn't.

Silver Member

Exclamation

in mine little area of central florida

i see these signs of support

mitt romney car sticker
    kerry/edwards new looking car stickers
    bush/cheney new looking car stickers
    3 obamas car stickers
    3 mccain/palin car stickers
    1 mccain car sticker
    1 obama yard sign- small black owned business
    4 mccain yard signs
    1 big hand made mccain/palin yard by a black homeowner
    1 ron paul car sticker
    1 "bros before hos" front car license plate with barack and hillary pictures-looks home made

i noticed this time a lot of people are not showing support for either party

in november, are the numbers going to that same lack of interest with voters

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    To add to that, in south Florida the east coast of Florida (Boca, West Palm, Miami) is more liberal while the west coast (Lakeland, Tampa/St. Pete) tends to lean towards the conservative side. Obama has a good share of supporters on the West coast of FL. Unfortunately with Crist as the governor, I think FL. will go to McCain but I hope it doesn't.
    Amazes me that Christ has such a high approval rating..He is really showing his extreme conservatism as of late..but they seem to love him here..I am personally not a fan of his
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

^Even though property taxes didn't fall like he promised, I think Crist has maintained his popularity due to his shift on global warming and healthcare and stayed away from hot buttion issues like abortion and creationism but ultimately he's a Republican which I think may translate to McCain winning Florida.

he is playing it safe
    Florida Gov. Charlie Crist won't campaign for anti-gay-marriage amendment

Crist says he'll focus on McCain presidential bid

By Josh Hafenbrack | Tallahassee Bureau September 10, 2008 TALLAHASSEE - Gov. Charlie Crist on Tuesday said he won't actively support a state constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage, casting doubt on whether the issue will pack a political punch this fall.

Instead the Republican governor, who has shown little appetite to delve into divisive social issues, said he'd focus his energies during the next eight weeks promoting Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign.

"I'll support it, I'll vote for it, move on," the governor said of the Amendment 2 gay-marriage ban in an interview during a trip to tour flood-damaged areas in Central Florida. "It's not top-tier for me, put it that way."

The gay-marriage issue has gained fresh prominence, as the only major constitutional amendment left on the Nov. 4 ballot after last week's state Supreme Court decisions removing a high-profile tax-swap proposal and two measures dealing with school vouchers.

The one-sentence amendment defines marriage as between one man and one woman and bars any other "legal union" that is an equivalent to marriage — a standard that would ban civil unions and, critics contend, could cast doubt on domestic-partner benefits.

But unlike 2004, when gay-marriage bans passed handily in 11 states, the political climate appears dicier this presidential election year. A Quinnipiac University poll this week showed the proposal getting 55 percent of the vote — short of the 60 percent needed to pass. Gay marriage has not been a big issue in the presidential campaign.

Crist's campaign skills might have helped the cause of Florida's social conservatives, like last winter when the governor appeared in TV ads and billboards to promote another amendment cutting property taxes. It passed.

But when asked if he'll spend time plugging Amendment 2, Crist said, "I don't think so. I think I will campaign for candidates much more extensively — Sen. McCain." The governor also reiterated his position of precluding the Republican Party of Florida from spending money to support the gay-marriage ban.

The stance fits Crist's moderate, pragmatic political ideology, which advisor Brian Ballard describes as "live and let live," but his refusal to spend political capital on the gay-marriage issue could irk conservatives and the Religious Right.

"It's sad that Gov. Crist would not be a strong advocate, because marriage is good public policy," said Sheila Hopkins, of the Florida Catholic Conference, an Amendment 2 supporter who acknowledged the proposal faces an uncertain future at the ballot box. Derek Newton, campaign manager for Say No to 2, said Crist's lukewarm endorsement of the marriage ban is just the latest indicator that the "passion and the fire and the light around this issue has dimmed."

Print

Related topic galleries: Political Candidates, Regional Authority, Same
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

crist is a closetcase anyway, the religious right already doesn't like him
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ of course he is...that's why he got engaged to Carolyn Rome *cough beard cough* when he was in contention to be McCain's running mate. But as much as the religious right in Florida doesn't like Crist, they will vote for McCain over Obama because of Palin.

I always thought he was gay to..I still do..Why doesnt he just come out..
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I just came back from visiting family in Jacksonville, which is in north Florida (the deep south is right, btw.) And I couldn't believe how many fucking Sarah Palin and McCain bumper stickers and signs I saw all over the place. It sickened me.

Makes me wish I could still vote in FL without it being voter fraud...I do hope the young voters have a good turnout for once. I am making damn sure my 2 siblings still in FL go and vote though.
    Proof: Flordia is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Amazes me that Christ has such a high approval rating..He is really showing his extreme conservatism as of late..but they seem to love him here..I am personally not a fan of his

WTF, no one told me Jesus was running for president!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information