Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin on Russia- We're both neighbours y'all

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

God, my head is spinning and I cannot believe McSame isn't trying to hold his head in place as well. He really must be kicking himself from one end of one of his many homes to the other. She is so completely unprepared to oversee a high school debating team, never mind America.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Bronze Member

I can't understand how this woman can be taken seriously? I can't even understand how she was elected to be the governor of Alaska?!

Off the topic, I've read that terrorism is the cause of poverty. With only like a tenth of the money you used to the war in Iraq, you could've improve their conditions alot, for example their water-system which is said to be the newest threat in poor countries. There'd be less anti-americanism and hence less terrorism. Isn't it so that people won't bite the hand that feeds them?

Elite Member

Seems like it would be the other way around...poverty is the cause of terrorism. I agree, we should not be at war, we should be spending the money to improve the standard of living.

And terrorists prey on ignorance as well- why do you think in Iraq they targeted academics and secularists?

This part left me scratching my head:

Couric: Have you ever been involved in any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

Palin: We have trade missions back and forth, we do. It's very important when you consider even national-security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right next to, they are right next to our state.

What is she talking about???

A vodka pipeline?

Apparently there is one in Europe believe it or not lol

Elite Member

I can't recall Putin ever coming into Alaska as she claims.

If she's ever even met a Russian I'll eat my hat.

I think she meant him flying over when he travelled to America. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post

Couric: Have you ever been involved in any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

Palin: We have trade missions back and forth, we do. It's very important when you consider even national-security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right next to, they are right next to our state.

I think she's saying that when Putin flies somewhere, he uses Alaskan airspace. Perhaps he pokes his head outside the plane as he flies through, perhaps he waves to the moose. And I think she's saying that someone monitors all Putin's flights over Alaska, perhaps with a pair of high-powered binoculars and keeps the binoculars focused on the plane until it lands to make sure that Putin personally is not attempting to gather any Alaskan intelligence secrets.

Yep, that's what she MEANT to say.

Elite Member

Funny, most Americans fly over Europe when travelling to Moscow from the East coast. Wouldn't Putin fly over Europe when travelling to Washington?

She's dumb as a rock.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Seems like it would be the other way around...poverty is the cause of terrorism. I agree, we should not be at war, we should be spending the money to improve the standard of living.
    Yeah, it probably is that way. I had a little bit of trouble to figure out which way it goes in english, sorry for that. Lets put it like this to be sure, poverty "leads to"/"causes"(/etc.) terrorism. Now that should be right

Elite Member

it's obvious why they were trying to keep her from speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post

There's alot Alaska needs to keep track of watching that side of Russia. Siberia's a real rockin' place, ya know?

Elite Member

Yeah, all that frozen tundra. There's a real threat of attack by Russians in large parkas with furry hats, don'tcha know? They'll swim across the Bering Strait in the dark of night with their dogs and sleds in tow and then they'll traipse across half of Alaska in search of people to attack!

I don't think she knows what Siberia is. Or Liberia for that matter. I could go on.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information