Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sarah Palin resigning; Governor no more, will not run for re-election

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Political corruption is a federal crime, and that includes all sorts of other things, so yes. I think I read that political corrupt charges apply to all government officials, and if she used email / phone to make it happen, then they can charge her with wire fraud. Plus if she mis-reported any of that, then it would be IRS charges.

Like my business law prof. used to always say 'If its unethical, just wait because it will soon be illegal. And you don't piss off Uncle Sam. Because Uncle Sam will find a way to come calling.'
    I hope she does jail time. If this is all about "housegate" then I hope the feds look at "dairygate" too. There's plenty of corruption that needs to be looked at in Alaska.

No wonder she was so quick to secure a book deal this spring. That and asking her cult to hold a fundraiser for her "legal defense fund." She's so toast.

Scadal about to break?

Divorce?

Commiting her life to God?

Quote 4
    It is my duty to always protect our great state. With that in mind, my family and I determined that it is best to make a difference this summer, and I am willing to change things, so that this administration, with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future, can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success.
    Duty? As governor she has an official duty, but if she resigns, then she won't have that official duty. But I can accept that she feels a personal duty to protect Alaska. But we're still talking about Alaska, not the US.
    so that this administration, with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future, can continue without interruption
    What's the interruption? She's pulling out, as I read this, because something is going to happen that would interrupt Alaska's journey to the future if she were Governor. So it isn't something about the state, it's about her. Something that would interfere with her running the state. Maybe there's another way to read this, but that's what it says to me.

I can't make hide nor hair of "best to make a difference this summer and I am willing to change things." It comes out of the blue in this sentence. The only thing preceding that suggests change is needed is hidden between the lines.
    What Do I know?: Palin's Loyalty to Alaska Forces Resignation - Tea Leaf Time

Ah, now its looking like Ted Stevens may be inadvertantly linked in all this. Damn- who knew all the unethical Alaskans 'palled around' together?'

'From October, 2008, posting on the Plaid Lemur blog:

Remember the massive, and horribly overpriced sports complex that Sarah Palin pushed through in Wasilla? Well, it seems that the sports complex contractors and architect have strong links and ties to Palin. Spenard Building Supplies was one, and wouldn’t you know, they also supplied the materials for the Palin’s home. Sure, a small connection, but get this–Spenard also was the supplier for Ted Stevens cabin. This one building supply company is involved with Palin, Stevens, the Wasilla sports complex, and is a financial contributor to Palin. Keep in mind that the sports complex was being constructed at the very same time as the Palin’s home.

This connection is neither fleeting, nor minor. This appears to be a pattern of concurrent events that makes it more and more likely that the Palin’s home may have been some sort of quid pro quo arrangement for the massive influx of money into the building supply company. An area that could reinforce this connection would be if the architect of the Wasilla sports complex, Blase Burkhart (also a contributor to Palin), had anything to do with the construction of the Palin’s home.

Another interesting twist to the story is that Sarah Palin was, at the time, also running for Lieutenant Governor, a position that could further reward those contributing to her campaign, and those that were involved with the Wasilla sports complex and the construction of Sarah Palin’s home. We know that Alaska has been a bastion of corrupt political activities.

Update [2009-7-3 21:11:12 by Glic]: tier1express points to a Village Voice article from October 8, 2008 article:
    Todd Palin told Fox News that he built the two-story, 3,450-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-bath, wood house himself, with the help of contractors he described as "buddies." As mayor, Sarah Palin blocked an effort to require the filing of building permits in the wide-open city, and there is no public record of who the "buddies" were. The house was built very near the complex, on a site whose city purchase led to years of unsuccessful litigation and, now, $1.3 million in additional costs, with a law firm that's also donated to Palin collecting costly fees from the city.
    Why are all of her scandals so damn hard to follow? uhg.

Did you hear her spokeswoman who is a bigger idiot than her?

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Faux News had some GOP wonk saying she's resigned in preparation for the 2012 presidential campaign. Huh?

CNN is interviewing Michael Jackson's pool guy's sister's neighbour's cousin.

Edit:

Don't know if this was posted already.

Newspaper columnists give Gov. Palin dubious honor
    JUNEAU, Alaska – The National Society of Newspaper Columnists chose Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the winner of its annual Sitting Duck Award, a tongue-in-cheek honor that pokes fun at the most ridiculed newsmakers in the United States.
    Palin beat out Democrat Rod Blagojevich, the ousted former governor of Illinois allegedly caught trying to sell President Barack Obama's Senate seat.
    Blagojevich was the runner-up. Palin was noted for making headline after headline, month after month.
    The selection was made last week at a conference in Ventura, Calif.
    There's no physical award to go with the Sitting Duck title.
    Newspaper columnists give Gov. Palin dubious honor

OHHH Shanny Moore from HuffPo just posted a big reveal:

'RT @jmproffittrediction: Palin corruption story is true. She got a free house in exchange for $13M contract award. she is D-O-N-E.'

http://twitter.com/shannynmoore

Isn't that almost exactly what happened to Ted Stevens?

Me and Michael K's 'boo' told Sarah Palin's spokeswoman..that he doesn't understand the basketball analogy...saying I don't know who the hoop, or what the ball is...so funny!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Clearly irony is lost on Palin. She resigned in front of her house on national television. She's so fucking dumb!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    Did you hear her spokeswoman who is a bigger idiot than her?
    Did you ever hear such tripe? She knew all about the resignation, they discussed it for weeks. But when Anderson Cooper asked her what Palin wanted to pursue that she had to resign her answer was anything and everything. She's another one that will be left with egg on her face when it all comes down.

What is it with all these wacky governors? As a profession - they sure have a high percentage of crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Clearly irony is lost on Palin. She resigned in front of her house on national television. She's so fucking dumb!
    This is the woman who stood outside while a turkey was being slaughtered during Thanksgiving lol

She has no sense of self awareness at all lol

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Palin is a walking clusterfuck. That's all there is to it.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Wow! Just wow!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ Yup, that's the response Palin usually gets.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information