Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sarah Palin resigning; Governor no more, will not run for re-election

TaffyMoon - that's a really nice other shoe. Is it a size 7?

Criminal charges? Hope this race-baiting liar gets exactly what she deserves.

OMG!!!! Is this Christmas?
    I cant wait when the shit hits the fan lol

wow, this is crazy! I can't wait to see what the backstory is on this. what a complete mess...
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Bronze Member

I'm tickled with delight. I hope she has to swim in her own pool of shit ...

Here's more from Rolling Stone's Tom Dickinson:

Palin Resigns. But Why?!

7/3/09, 3:55 pm EST

WTF?

Sarah Palin has pulled the plug on her governorship. Before the end of her only term. At an impromptu press conference. At her house. On a Friday. Before the 4th of July. And refuses to answer questions.

This is not in keeping with a woman with presidential ambitions.

And certainly not in keeping with a politician who has learned to milk a media frenzy for every last drop (see Letterman, David.)

No. This has the hallmarks of a politician slinking away before the shit hits the fan.

Really. If this were some double-bank-shot designed to bolster her presidential standing (as AP seems to suggest) would Sarah Palin choose to duck out on the first day of a three-day weekend? When the entire American mediaplex is off buying ice for the cooler?

No way.

Another shoe is about to drop, but what is it?

The only clue we’ve got, an oblique mention to a reporter from the outgoing Guv:

“You are naive if you don’t see a full-court press on the national level, picking apart a good point guard.”

UPDATE: Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC reporting Palin sources saying ex Guv is “out of politics for good.”

Palin Resigns. But Why?! : Rolling Stone : National Affairs Daily
    Last edited by rebelpleb; July 3rd, 2009 at 07:24 PM.

Hmm, she might actually get out of politics in office for good, by becoming a full-time professional blowhard with no regard for the truth who can get away with it legally, a la Limbaugh or O'Lielly. There are too many people out there willing to fork over their money to be lied to. Why would she or they pass up all that money, unless there really is something big enough to quash that hydra McCain created.

Anderson Cooper described Palin resigning as 'it was a stunning announcement, not just grammatically, but politically.'
    Last edited by kingcap72; July 3rd, 2009 at 07:37 PM.

A*O

Imagine the fallout if this was happening to a newly elected Vice President of the USA... If anyone doubted McCain/GOPs reckless lack of judgment and stupidity this should wake them up. Audrey the Blogger must be very, very moist at the moment.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Anderson Cooper described Palin resigning as 'it was a stunning annoucement, not just grammatically, but politically.'

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OyjXE7OhSk[/YOUTUBE]

I've just listened to this-or tried to-but for the life of me I cannot understand what the fuck she is talking about. She's completely rambling and making absolutely no sense whatsoever. The one and only part that stood out to me is when she said 'I've answered your questions fully and truthfully' which is a load of shit. And her voice is freaking me out...the sound of it is of a person freaking out. It has a real 'you won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore' feel to it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Wow... what caused this. We KNOW it wasn't to focus on her family that's needed her desperately while she was running for VP/.

A*O

She's all over the place and hasn't even had time to put together a coherent resignation speech. She KNOWS an Exxon Valdez size scandal is steaming towards her ass and she's running for the hills.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I've just listened to this-or tried to-but for the life of me I cannot understand what the fuck she is talking about. She's completely rambling and making absolutely no sense whatsoever. The one and only part that stood out to me is when she said 'I've answered your questions fully and truthfully' which is a load of shit. And her voice is freaking me out...the sound of it is of a person freaking out. It has a real 'you won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore' feel to it.
    All I know when I watched the full 18-minute speech MSNBC replayed is that her speech is all about making herself look good, however incoherently she did it. She mentions Todd flying in last night. That to me is a cue that she must have learned something yesterday and learned the jig is up (like that criminal indictment pending authorization). She's lying that she's been thinking of doing this for months. She just gave an interview and posed for photographs for Runner's World. She's so full of shit. Her career is toast. I don't even think Faux News will want to employ an embezzler.

I am so pissed that she did it this way. I would much rather she be in office and have them come to arrest her at the capitol building. You just know that whatever it is has Tod's hands all over it too.

Is Levi's mom going to do some time for her drug charges? If so maybe they can be cell mates.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I saw this on ONTD_political:

Shannyn Moore, the Huffpost blogger, seems to know what the scandal is. She said on her Twitter (@shannynmoore) that Palin was finished for good. Moore said she can't say why because it's 'federal.'

Did she say we Need more Trigs or trees?- that was a painful painful resignation speech.
    I loved the fact that she had to mention everything from the troops to God lol

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information