Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sarah Palin resigning; Governor no more, will not run for re-election

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I was shocked to see Bill Kristol once again defending her on the Today Show this morning. What does she have on this guy?
    I'm beginning to think that Kristol is just another idiot son of powerful, intelligent, parents. No wonder he hooks up with pathetic types like Dubya and Palin. They make him feel smart and savvy, while his parents made him feel dumb.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Default Fox News' Liz Trotta Slams Sarah Palin!

And talks about the investigation rumors too. Is Palin's lawyer going to sue Fox News?
    [youtube]Uvj-Xr0irhE[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Just because the FBI isn't investigating her, it doesn't mean that the IRS and US Attorney's Office for Alaska aren't investigating her. Remember, it was the US Attorney's Office for Northern Illinois was who busted Blagojevich.
    Also, it isn't unheard of for the FBI to release a statement denying that they are investigating her, just to call off the attention so they can continue to gather evidence. Sure it would raise some eyebrows, but I could fathom it.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    They should investigate how Obama's wife got a $200,000 raise with her hospital gig when Senator Obama directed a million dollars worth of funds toward that hospital.
    I love it when Obama haters post drivel that is so easily disproved:
    Employer: Michelle Obama’s raise well-earned

By Mike Dorning
    September 27, 2006

WASHINGTON - Officials at the University of Chicago Hospitals on Tuesday explained a large salary jump for Sen. Barack Obama’s wife shortly after he took office as a normal promotion that reflected expanded duties in her job as a liaison with the South Side community surrounding the medical center.

Michelle Obama was promoted to vice president for external affairs in March 2005, two months after her husband took office in the Senate. According to a tax return released by the senator this week, the promotion nearly tripled her income from the hospitals from $121,910 in 2004 to $316,962 in 2005.

Hospitals spokesman John Easton said Obama’s salary was in line with the compensation received by the not-for-profit medical center’s 16 other vice presidents.

A tax return for the hospitals covering the 12 months ended June 30, 2005, shows most of the organization’s vice presidents earning between $291,000 and$362,000.

Easton said the hospitals had made a determined effort to deepen their connections to the surrounding community, beginning in 2002, when Obama was hired for the new position of Executive Director for Community Affairs.

“There was a real initiative by the university and the hospitals to have a real relationship with the community,” Easton said. “Over time, she developed a staff… . It went from zero staff to Michelle and 10 staff.”

Michael Riordan, who was University of Chicago Hospitals president at the time, said he had planned early on for the position to evolve into a Vice President’s post as a way of showing the organization’s commitment to community outreach.

“I knew where I wanted to go with this position,” said Riordan, who now is the top executive of the Greenville Hospital System in South Carolina. “I wanted to identify someone to grow into it.”
    Riordan said Obama’s promotion had nothing to do with her husband becoming a U.S. senator.

“She was hired before Barack was Barack,” Riordan said. “She is worth her weight in gold, and she is just terrific.”

Easton said the hospitals’ management had discussed a promotion to Vice President with Obama previously but that she had been reluctant to undertake the commitment until her husband’s Senate campaign was finished. In part, she wanted to wait until her family had made a decision on whether to maintain their primary residence in Illinois, which they did, and she had a better sense of the demands on her time as a senator’s wife, he said.

At the time Obama was promoted to Vice President, Easton added, she also had “at least one other, more lucrative offer” from a potential employer, though he declined to identify the competing organization.

Easton said the hospital management believed she merited the promotion based on a series of achievements. They included expansion of the institution’s women and minority vendor purchases, rejuvenation of its volunteer program and work she did to help set up a collaborative effort with South Side clinics and doctors’ offices to provide primary care for low-income residents who otherwise would seek treatment at the emergency room.

In explaining her salary increase, Easton and a spokesman for the Senator both stressed her educational background, which includes an undergraduate degree from Princeton University and a law degree from Harvard.

Obama’s new salary is significantly higher than her annual earnings during the seven prior years for which the Obamas have released their taxes. During those years, her wages ranged from a low of $50,343 in 1999 to a high of $121,910 in 2004.

After Obama’s graduation from Harvard Law School in 1988, she worked for a few years as an associate at the corporate law firm Sidley Austin in Chicago. Such law practices typically pay lucrative salaries.

But after a few years, Obama moved into a series of positions in local government and non-profit organizations, which typically pay lower salaries.

According to a biography supplied by the medical center, she moved from the law firm to work first as an assistant to Chicago Mayor Richard Daley and then as the assistant commissioner of planning and development.

In 1993 she became the founding executive director of Public Allies Chicago, an AmeriCorps national service program. She later worked as an associate dean of student services at the University of Chicago, a position she held until she was hired by the University of Chicago Hospitals.
    ———-
    Employer: Michelle Obama's raise well-earned - Chicago Tribune
    Now back to Palin.

I never thought I'd hear anyone on Fox News describe Palin as 'unintelligent,' 'uneducated,' 'flaky,' and 'no credentials to hold any job.'

Didnt her momma ever teach her that quiters never win? My mom sure did and I believe she was right
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Palin's Attorney: Her Resignation Is "Self-Sacrifice"

By Rachel Slajda - July 6, 2009, 2:29PM

Sarah Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein (the one who threatened to sue several news organizations for allegedly defaming his client) just spoke with Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC. Mitchell asked him if Palin was upset that critics called her speech "rambling."
    Well, I don't think she's upset. What I think is, she sees it as the standard criticism that she receives....She's actually very articulate. I didn't find her speech rambling at all. She laid out exactly the reasons she had for stepping down and it was really a form of self-sacrifice. She has become the issue. The state of Alaska has been spending money on public records requests, defending or investigating ethics acts with the personnel board.
    So, the official word from the Palin camp remains that she's taking one for the team, stepping aside so Alaskan taxpayers can save some cash.

Van Flein also denied rumors that she's leaving office for the money she could make on, say, a speaking tour. She has different plans, he said.

"She's taking the battle on a different battlefield...She's gonna help conservative candidates that she supports for the 2010 elections," he said.
    Palin's Attorney: Her Resignation Is "Self-Sacrifice" | LiveWire
    [youtube]15MT5UmlMlw[/youtube]

The funny thing is that she is making difficult for even the lipstick wearing hockey moms to support her.

It will be such a let down if there is no indictment or something big.

edited to add - someone needs to tell her that self sacrifice often requires falling on the sword. Maybe she'll give that a try.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

How is quitting the job you were elected to do, in the middle of your first term, 'self-sacrifice?'

Unless Palin, or someone in her immediate family, had a life-threatening illness she can't justify quitting.

Ok. Something's up. First Fake Joe the Fake Plumber flushes himself down the toilet, and now she shoots herself like a bellowing moose. These are the only snakes that slither toward the spotlight, so what's going on?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    It will be such a let down if there is no indictment or something big.
    Sadly, there really may not be.

Watching MSNBC they are saying that she has at least $500,000 in legal fees, so by stepping down as governor and embarking on her "celebrity", she will be able to make $millions making the circuit giving speeches, a possible talk-show host, and her book coming out, etc.

She supposedly has a HUGE fan base.

In other words, Sarah Palin believes that her job as governor is not paying her what she's worth, and apparently she has been convinced that she can be a national media celebrity and make $millions.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Ok. Something's up. First Fake Joe the Fake Plumber flushes himself down the toilet, and now she shoots herself like a bellowing moose. These are the only snakes that slither toward the spotlight, so what's going on?
    maybe they're having an affair and someone got a hold of the sex tape?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    maybe they're having an affair and someone got a hold of the sex tape?
    *smacks sput* THANKS A LOT.. now I have the visual of a toilet plunger where it should NOT be and some S&M hockey stick action.

"Say I'm a ho, Joe!"
    Kat Scorp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimaster View Post
    Watching MSNBC they are saying that she has at least $500,000 in legal fees, so by stepping down as governor and embarking on her "celebrity", she will be able to make $millions making the circuit giving speeches, a possible talk-show host, and her book coming out, etc.
    Palin says she has $500,000 in legal fees. There has been no verification that she really does have that much in legal fees. As far as I can tell, she's just saying that so that her fantards will donate money. Because if she has a much smaller legal bill, why ask them for money? The ethics complaints against Palin have cost the state of Alaska less than $400,000, so I have serious doubts that her legal bill is a half million dollars. Unless she's really preparing for a real legal problem.

Dont expect to hear anything anytime soon, she is on a family fishing trip
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Thread Information