Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sarah Palin heightens rhetoric on abortion during campaign speech

I wish this dumb ho would shut up already.
    And I am glad she got booed at the hockey thing.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    I don't know if the timing is coincidence (elections) but the anti-abortion fundies have been out in full force in Chilliwack.
    There is a church up the street from my house and for about 3 weeks now they are out there at all hours of the day with their anti-abortion signs. I know it's politically-motivated.

I have no problem with people protesting, while I am pro-choice through and through, but it bugs me when I see them using their 3 and 5 year old kids as props to hold up their, ABORTION IS KILLING and WHY MURDER? signs. It's wrong, IMO.
    There is an abortion clinic close by to where they do it.

Abortion should be an option. Just like any other situation, let the person who makes the choice deal with the consequences.

Abortion is not the only woman's reproductive issue. Not being able to obtain the morning after pill, not being able to have permanent sterilization without meeting a minimum birth, age, and/or medical danger requirement affect women as well.

If Levi, the kid who impregnanted Bristol, was black, I wonder if choice would suddenly be an option.

Last night I was trying to imagine an America where abortion rights were rolled back. I imagined myself having been raped and being pregnant and unable to find a legal abortion (rape victims make up about 1 percent of people seeking abortions). I imagined myself seventeen and pregnant and unable to get an abortion although I wanted one.

I do NOT want to live in a country like that. I cannot believe this Sarah Palin bitch has such gall and stupidity.

The more days that go by with this woman strutting importantly before this messed-up nation with her half-baked low-IQ "answers," the more pissed off I get.

She deserves to go down in flames, and so does the McCain ticket for foisting this crap on us, and so does the Republican Party for giving us these two jackasses after eight years of non-leadership.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    If Levi, the kid who impregnanted Bristol, was black, I wonder if choice would suddenly be an option.

No, in that case it would be mandatory for Bristol. Her family are @#$% hypocrites, and Palin wouldn't have been chosen for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Last night I was trying to imagine an America where abortion rights were rolled back. I imagined myself having been raped and being pregnant and unable to find a legal abortion (rape victims make up about 1 percent of people seeking abortions). I imagined myself seventeen and pregnant and unable to get an abortion although I wanted one.

I do NOT want to live in a country like that. I cannot believe this Sarah Palin bitch has such gall and stupidity.

The more days that go by with this woman strutting importantly before this messed-up nation with her half-baked low-IQ "answers," the more pissed off I get.

She deserves to go down in flames, and so does the McCain ticket for foisting this crap on us, and so does the Republican Party for giving us these two jackasses after eight years of non-leadership.

Unfortunately it would probably go back to the old back-room alley days where women died or were permanently sterilized by quacks. Just because it's against the law, doesn't mean it won't happen very often. IMO it should not be used as a form of birth control, but is every woman's choice, especially in cases of rape or incest, then it should definitely be up to the woman that had to endure that horrible event(s) in her life, not the government to decide. I love my children and am happy I had them, but until you walk in someone's shoes it is impossible to say that is the right thing for every woman. Besides, with the economy the way it is why are they bringing up matters that were resolved by the Supreme Court about 25 years ago? I just really don't understand her campaign logic at all.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

It'll happen, it's a class division where upper middle and upper class women pay for the abortions they need and poor women hemorrage to death in back allies at the hands of butchers. Ah, the good old days. That is what the issue is about, legality, not morality. I don't think I could ever do it but making it illegal only denies abortion access to the poor. The rich will always have it; civil rights are for the poor.

The logic in the abortion thing is that they need an issue that is religious, what my fundie family calls not 'worldly' because the republicans lose across the board on issues that relate to the lives of the average american.

My mother works in the medical field and reminded me today that there used to be whole sections in hospitals called "septic" areas that were set aside for women who had undergone illegal botched abortions or tried to administer their own abortions with coat hangers and the like.

I also know some women who work in medicine who will feel it is their duty to give abortions if abortion is made illegal.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Eli

I like her face. She reminds me of Olivia from SVU.
    But her personality frightens me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information