Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin heads to 'debate camp' at one of John McCain's 7 houses

2 are in the medical field and the third will be following thank you!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

They escaped to university! Thank Vishnu!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yes, and i'm allowed to comment on your opinion in an open forum:

You're making your kids retarded.

Will they be working in a church, or some other religiously inspired line of work where this 'education' as i shall loosely call it, will come into play and be of any use?
    you are so off base dude..my kids are far from retarded
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I don't agree with cupcake as far as her basic politics as far as I can tell, but I honestly don't find it so objectionable that she would use a Bible-based curriculum to teach her children. Assuming it teaches a broad based educational curriculum that covers all the bases, so what if it also includes religious principles? Not everyone is religious, and therefore it's not for everyone. But for those that are, what is the problem?

If you think the Bible is merely a fairy tale, then certainly you shouldn't use it to teach your children. If it has a deeper, personal meaning for you, then I don't think it makes you stupid to incorporate that into your child's life.

Just my .02 cents.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    They do indeed homeschool..it's on her blog and it's referred to as home educate..same thing..its great..it allows you to have a flexible schedule and travel and moniter the education your child is receiving..i know people all over the country doing it and it has sky rocketed in Florida..smart thing to do if you are able in my opinion..which matters little on these boards
    Don't the children need someone with intelligence to teach them though? It's not that easy. She doesn't home school the highschoolers I hope.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

If Bristol is any indication, I don't think she's doing a stellar job.

Major lolz @ this comment on another place I go to in regards to Palin lack of knowledge on other supreme court cases.

I care about people who can solve problems rather than having a walking encyclopedia who can spout out history from their memories. Any information can easily be researched from the Internet. If she needs to solve a US problem, she can easily research for history of what worked and what didn't work and formulate a solution. She is not stupid or she would not be where she is at.

I don't have a problem with a bible-based education if that's your thing. What I object to is learning everything from a computer. Where is the chance to ask a question, to get further explanation, to interact with other children? School is so much more than education. Put them in a bible based school if you must. It is sad to think of your kids sitting around a computer doing school work. You are depriving them of a very important societal cultural experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Major lolz @ this comment on another place I go to in regards to Palin lack of knowledge on other supreme court cases.
    I care about people who can solve problems rather than having a walking encyclopedia who can spout out history from their memories. Any information can easily be researched from the Internet. If she needs to solve a US problem, she can easily research for history of what worked and what didn't work and formulate a solution. She is not stupid or she would not be where she is at.
    Knowledge means so little to so many people.

"Russia's declaring war?.. Ok.. let me hop on Google real quick and get back to ya in a jiffy!"

Pulease.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I don't have a problem with a bible-based education if that's your thing. What I object to is learning everything from a computer. Where is the chance to ask a question, to get further explanation, to interact with other children? School is so much more than education. Put them in a bible based school if you must. It is sad to think of your kids sitting around a computer doing school work. You are depriving them of a very important societal cultural experience.
    Every time I start reading your posts, I get distracted by that hot photo of Paul Newman.

We watched Hud last night. Sigh.

This thread is becoming hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post
    Every time I start reading your posts, I get distracted by that hot photo of Paul Newman.

We watched Hud last night. Sigh.
    He was a mighty fine man indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I don't agree with cupcake as far as her basic politics as far as I can tell, but I honestly don't find it so objectionable that she would use a Bible-based curriculum to teach her children. Assuming it teaches a broad based educational curriculum that covers all the bases, so what if it also includes religious principles? Not everyone is religious, and therefore it's not for everyone. But for those that are, what is the problem?

If you think the Bible is merely a fairy tale, then certainly you shouldn't use it to teach your children. If it has a deeper, personal meaning for you, then I don't think it makes you stupid to incorporate that into your child's life.

Just my .02 cents.

mine did that by sending me to sunday school. Religions seem to be a tribal thing and just like gov't they rewrite history. Gov'ts tend to rewrite recent history but religions rewrite it back to the freaking beginning of time. That pretty much knocks the kid out of getting any kind of decent education in science or history. They heavily censor what literary works the kid is exposed to, so there goes your english and literature. What's left is what, math, well good, they can build bombs and engineer WMD's to help bring about armageddon and make mommy and daddy proud. The first thing that people do when trying to exploit others is keep them stupid, insulate them from the outside world so they are more easily programmed to be xenophobic, and to me home-schooling children to deny them positive exposure is exploitive. I think home-schooling might be good in some ways but when done for religious reasons it's just about mind control, which is crap.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. What is the advantage of homeschooling if they're going to sit on a computer all day? I know some parents who homeschool do it to protect their children from the big bad world of outside influences. Believe me, you're doing them no favors. Even the bible says that babies need milk before meat. Exposing them to minor moral dilemmas in elementary school helps them make bigger choices later on when they're teens and adults. You can use every situation and exposure to other kids as an opportunity to teach them right from wrong.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information